Team-BHP - Hyundai Elite i20 gets 6 airbags in top-end trim. Priced at Rs. 7.76 lakhs!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Hyundai Elite i20 gets 6 airbags in top-end trim. Priced at Rs. 7.76 lakhs! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/180018-hyundai-elite-i20-gets-6-airbags-top-end-trim-priced-rs-7-76-lakhs.html)

Prices of the 6-airbag Asta(O) variants have been released officially.

1.2L Asta(O) VTVT = Rs 7,75,828/-
1.4L Asta(O) CRDi = Rs 8,99,992/-

Both prices, ex-showroom Delhi.

Both trims see a price hike of around Rs 15,000/-, over the outgoing Asta(O) variants.

Hyundai India is yet to announce the price of the 1.4L VTVT AT, supposed to come in the Magna's trim. It is speculated that the company might introduce a premium variant of the Elite i20 AT in the future, based on demand and customer feedback.

NDTV Auto

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4050018)
Prices of the 6-airbag Asta(O) variants have been released officially.

1.2L Asta(O) VTVT = Rs 7,75,828/-
1.4L Asta(O) CRDi = Rs 8,99,992/-

Both prices, ex-showroom Delhi.

Both trims see a price hike of around Rs 15,000/-, over the outgoing Asta(O) variants.

Is that all it costs to add 4 additional airbags to a car? Why can't we get more manufacturers to provide this in their cars?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4050018)
It is speculated that the company might introduce a premium variant of the Elite i20 AT in the future, based on demand and customer feedback.

The official site already has the details of the automatic listed.
4-speed torque converter sounds dated. I think the 6-speed unit should have been paired. The 1.4 petrol is the only saving grace. Lower priced Brio also gets a 5-speed.

I'm also wondering what took the so long to add 4 airbags and automatic.

Unfortunately, the Auto is available only in Magna, ergo, no ABS. So much for calling the i20 safest. My choice is always prevention and if I could choose only one, I'd pick the ABS over a million balloons any day.

So Hyundai has now released the Asta (O) with 6 airbags? I don't understand the meaning of Asta (O) variant. If it is a variant that has options, then the customers should be able to choose between different options like 2 or 6 airbags, Touchscreen display or button type, Manual or automatic wipers, etc and pay accordingly. If the company decides what will go into the top end variant, why name the variant as Asta (O)? Name it something else. And what about those who have already bought the Asta (O) variant? If Hyundai has now realized about safety, will it install the extra airbags now if they pay 15k? If not, why not?

Good move from Hyundai! Pity they did not offer ESP and TC which are available internationally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by farooq817 (Post 4051187)
Is that all it costs to add 4 additional airbags to a car? Why can't we get more manufacturers to provide this in their cars?

I don't think it should cost over 100,000₹ to add 7 airbags, ABS, EBD, ESP and TC to a car along with manufacturing it with a strengthened chassis and sheet metal to ace crash tests (assuming the international model is already available with such standards).

A pity isn't it that while you could get a base variant with maximum safety features, you don't because 99.99% of the country doesn't seem to care about such things, thus making it economically unfeasible to offer safety in base variants for a minority population. Instead we need hard lobbying against a not-so-friendly-to-people-like-us-because-we-are-low-priority government to mandate such things, while in developed countries, market dynamics are more than sufficient to force a manufacture to offer safe cars and work on consistently improving comfort, safety and driving dynamics standards year on year.

Its a welcome move by Hyundai to offer 6 airbags for elite i20 asta option variant. However Hyundai has become increasingly erratic in beefing up their costlier segments such as new Elantara and Creta. At least Elantara being their premium offering should have 6 airbags even from their base variant as its costing 12.99 Lacs (Ex-showroom).

Hyundai Elite i20 gets 6 airbags in top-end trim. Priced at Rs. 7.76 lakhs! Posts moved to a new thread.

Quote:

Hyundai Elite i20 gets 6 airbags in top-end trim. Priced at Rs. 7.76 lakhs! Posts moved to a new thread.

I have known many people who still feel Airbags is just a "Safety Gimmick" and not really worth a premium. But in all earnest, airbags have saved many a lives.
Unlike ABS, one cannot really test this safety kit on a regular basis, but its a great move by Hyundai to revert to one of their previously offered safety kits.

If only Hyundai can also revert to offering ALL ROUND DISCS on ASTA/ASTA OPTIONAL models :thumbs up

P.S - With Asta getting 6 airbags & all the other 'FEEL GOOD' factors, returning a better FE in comparison and being a lot cheaper, who would really want to buy the Magna AT??? :Shockked:

Less than a year ago, the Asta was the only version that offered a passenger airbag while the rest of the i20 range (shockingly!) only offered a driver airbag.

Glad that competition like the Figo, Baleno and Polo, all of which advertise their safety features/record strongly, has made Hyundai see sense. It would be nice if they do what Maruti does and make it an option through the entire range.