Team-BHP - Thane: Motorists get ‘thank you’ notes from Traffic Police!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Thane: Motorists get ‘thank you’ notes from Traffic Police! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/182864-thane-motorists-get-thank-you-notes-traffic-police.html)

Mr. Paras Shah had shared this on Facebook.

Quote:

Got letter from Traffic Police Department.

Latter on when googled came to know they have started initiative for appreciation in following driving rules.

Hint:
I had given right indication signal while I was moving towards right and had wore seat belt.

Another msg this traffic cops would be trying to deliver

to let people know that someone is watching you drive, so obey the rules you are under watch ;)
Thane: Motorists get ‘thank you’ notes from Traffic Police!-screenshot_20161227165013.png
Thane: Motorists get ‘thank you’ notes from Traffic Police!-fb_img_1482836665942.jpg
Thane: Motorists get ‘thank you’ notes from Traffic Police!-fb_img_1482836661432.jpg

Quote:

Thane: Motorists get ‘thank you’ from cops

Traffic police join NGO initiative to spread message of positivity and gratitude

A TRAFFIC policeman asks a car driver to halt his car for checking at the Teen Haath Naka junction in Thane. He sternly asks for the driving licence, PUC and then quizzes the driver on his name, to sniff his breath for alcohol. Everything to his satisfaction, the policeman’s expression changes.

Smiling warmly, he hands over a ‘thank you’ card to the driver for following all traffic rules. A group of NCC cadets along with members of NGO Thank You, India then line up and hand roses to the driver, holding up placards saying “thank you for being a responsible citizen”. A cop then blows a bugle and the driver proceeds, a tad embarrassed, surprised, but definitely happy. He makes way for another driver who is checked and, if found following all the rules, will be ‘treated’ in a similar fashion.
http://indianexpress.com/article/cit...-cops-4444946/

Great to see traffic police department taking this extra initiative to appreciate motorists. This will definitely boost one's moral value.
Plus there is a common notion that traffic cops are always ready to fleece money from the motorists, action's like these will definitely lift up their images as well.:thumbs up

:OT Is the number plate of the Baleno legal, who got a token of appreciation from the traffic department?

Seems like another idea with good intentions, but poor implementation.

1. Why waste time of the people who are following rules by stopping them (to Thank them apparently) and asking for documents etc?

2. Why ask for documents 'sternly'? How about showing some courtesy and respect to the drivers following the rules?

3. Why sniff the breath? The driver was following the lane discipline perfectly and gave proper turn indicator. Must be drunk.. right? :uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samba (Post 4117038)
Is the number plate of the Baleno legal, who got a token of appreciation from the traffic department?

Seems the traffic police forgot to notice the big size font used on the number plate! Instead of the appreciation letter, they could have recovered a fine for using illegal number plate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPS (Post 4119143)
Seems the traffic police forgot to notice the big size font used on the number plate! Instead of the appreciation letter, they could have recovered a fine for using illegal number plate.

Well honestly, According to the several cops i have asked recently, None of them knew which are legal number plates now, IND was supposed to be legal once which was again deemed to be illegal AFAIK, I have IND and German plate (With a VW logo) on my both cars and i have never been stopped because of the number plates.

It is good to hear that somewhere in India, cops are nice towards drivers. Mostly the law abiding citizens are the ones who get fleeced.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samba (Post 4117038)
Is the number plate of the Baleno legal, who got a token of appreciation from the traffic department?

Definitely not. All the letters in the plate should be of same size and there should not be anything stuck on it.

http://www.htp.gov.in/Annexure-I.pdf

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDP (Post 4117055)
Seems like another idea with good intentions, but poor implementation.

1. Why waste time of the people who are following rules by stopping them (to Thank them apparently) and asking for documents etc? l

I agree that it could have been implemented better, but any well intended initiative that has been executed has to be appreciated. Having said that, the cynicism is understandable. Most of us have had 'those' encounters, haven't we?

I wish they had used technology more. Use of sms and facebook to do the same thing might have been far more effective for both - appreciation and campaign reach. It would save time too, for both receiver and giver. Would I be wrong if I assume that the cops would have a database linking car numbers to car owner details and mobile numbers?

I had received a similar thank you note from the Thane traffic police sometime in January last year.
The funny fact here is that though i sold my Activa and transferred the ownership to the new owner seen in the image, the thank you note still ended up at my address.

P.S.
Please excuse me for the poor edit. I'm not used to editing images like this.