Team-BHP - Ford Figo & Aspire: Titanium (O) variant added with 6 airbags
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Ford Figo & Aspire: Titanium (O) variant added with 6 airbags (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/183419-ford-figo-aspire-titanium-o-variant-added-6-airbags.html)

Guys,

I was comparing the Prices of Ignis & Figo.

I found something new, The Titanium Version now has a Option Pack !!

You get Side & Curtain Airbags when you opt for Titanium (Option Pack) Variant. That's the only change over regular Titanium version

Titanium + is still there & it gets all the features that were there earlier.

This change has been made for both Figo & Aspire at a premium of 24k.

Following are the Prices for this new variant (Ex-Showroom Delhi)

FIGO

Petrol Titanium ₹ 5,81,900
Petrol Titanium (O) ₹ 6,05,900

Diesel Titanium ₹ 6,66,600
Diesel Titanium (O) ₹ 6,90,600

ASPIRE

Petrol Titanium. ₹ 6,11,900
Petrol Titanium (O). ₹ 6,35,900

Diesel Titanium ₹ 7,21,600
Diesel Titanium (O) ₹ 7,45,600

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarguyNish (Post 4127415)
I found something new, The Titanium Version now has a Option Pack !!

You get Side & Curtain Airbags when you opt for Titanium (Option Pack) Variant.

Something is seriously wrong with the marketing team of Ford. Can't understand why they don't advertise something as important 6 airbags in a lower variant. And that too when they are getting brickbats for reducing features.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samaspire (Post 4127417)

And that too when they are getting brickbats for reducing features.

Yes, the minor features that were dropped from some variants (vanity mirror, chrome bits etc.) simply pale into insignificance considering the advances on the safety front:

Ford Figo & Aspire: Titanium (O) variant added with 6 airbags-screenshot_20170114205053_1.jpg

The Figo & Aspire were not only the first in their respective classes to offer the all important side & curtain airbags, they were (& still are!) also the least expensive cars in India to offer the same.

Now, they also become the only ones below the 10 lac rupee mark to offer side & curtain airbags on more than just one variant!

Bravo, Ford!!! clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by teemus (Post 4125730)

Agree that Hyundai managed to provide a superior package but still there was a path-breaker i20 which was shod with 5 airbags in a time when some bigger sedans didn't even provide that! Now, even if one has a budget and is in love with i20 he CANNOT get a 5 airbag version.

Well, one cannot get an i20 with 5 airbags - because both i20 Asta(O) & i20 Active SX variants come with 6 airbags, and this has been the case for a while now!!! :)

Ford Figo & Aspire: Titanium (O) variant added with 6 airbags-screenshot_20170114212833_1.jpg

I think it may be time for the moderators to update the review on the Elite i20 and remove a certain point from the "what you won't like" section.

Ford Figo & Aspire: Titanium (O) variant added with 6 airbags - Posts moved to a new thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarguyNish (Post 4127415)

You get Side & Curtain Airbags when you opt for Titanium (Option Pack) Variant. That's the only change over regular Titanium version

Rs. 6,000 per airbag is pricey. (From a product stand point, not life saving angle.)

I'm guessing leather seats are part of the package. Because of the integrated thorax airbags in the seat, there's no option to upgrade the seat cover. Hence, Ford offers leather seat covers straight from the factory in the Titanium+ variant. But then, 24K becomes too little an amount for the perks.

What about automatic variants ? Since the 1.5AT was limited to the Titanium variant only, does it also now come in (O) variant ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaheshY1 (Post 4128711)

I'm guessing leather seats are part of the package. Because of the integrated thorax airbags in the seat, there's no option to upgrade the seat cover. Hence, Ford offers leather seat covers straight from the factory in the Titanium+ variant. But then, 24K becomes too little an amount for the perks.

Leather seats are offered only on the Aspire Titanium+, not on the Figo Titanium+. The same would have been carried over in the Titanium(O) .

Pardon if it has been discussed earlier, but the Ford site now mentions ABS+EBD as optional even on the base Ambiente variant of the Aspire and Figo. Also Aspire Titanium and Titanium+ now has "Daytime Running Lamps" listed under standard exterior features. So they are removing bits of chrome, vanity mirror and inviting backlash but adding safety features silently, without letting anybody know. Ford, if you are doing something good then let people know, what happened to that 200cr brand campaign? Do they expect people to find hidden features in their brochure with a microscope and then buy these cars? :Frustrati

Ford Figo & Aspire: Titanium (O) variant added with 6 airbags-figo-aspire-drl-absebd.jpg

Now if they are offering ABS + EBD as options for the Ambiente, then I really would like to know if they can retrofitted to my Ambiente.