Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2017, 03:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda recalls 41,580 cars (Jazz, City, Civic & Accord) to fix faulty Takata airbag inflators

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
My June '09 purchased City (SMT) got the driver side module replaced in Sept last year, and now I've been getting calls for the passenger side.
Are you sure, any other BHPians, can you confirm.

My car is from the first lot, Dec '08.

If what you say is true, I have to escalate this to Honda. Because my Honda City wasn't recalled for driver side airbag replacement but have to admit I haven't religiously checked the website that the Honda put out.
Old 4th February 2017, 08:29   #17
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda recalls 41,580 cars (Jazz, City, Civic & Accord) to fix faulty Takata airbag inflators

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
From my ownership thread, the post on the driver-side module replacement

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4020600
Old 4th February 2017, 09:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
From my ownership thread, the post on the driver-side module replacement
I think I quoted the wrong sentence from your post, what I meant was whether the dual airbag recall for all cars as you mentioned is correct or not? Are there any bhpians who has been recalled only for one airbag like me?

Last edited by ecenandu : 4th February 2017 at 10:12.
Old 4th February 2017, 11:20   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post

My car is from the first lot, Dec '08.

If what you say is true, I have to escalate this to Honda. Because my Honda City wasn't recalled for driver side airbag replacement but have to admit I haven't religiously checked the website that the Honda put out.
Next time you go in for any work at a HASS they will automatically take care. They did both of my Civic (initially the advice was one, so they did one at a time), and also of my son's City.
Old 4th February 2017, 11:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Next time you go in for any work at a HASS they will automatically take care. They did both of my Civic (initially the advice was one, so they did one at a time), and also of my son's City.
Yup, I know. In fact we got the passenger side replaced yesterday. But my confusion is whether they are replacing both the airbags for all the cars, if that is the case my worry is whether I missed the driver's airbag recall.
Old 10th March 2017, 20:12   #21
BHPian

I had tried this website but it showed that my car does not need replacement. Interestingly when I gave my car for servicing they changed the passenger side airbag inflator. My driver side inflator was changed during last recall. Which means almost all Hondas manufactured till certain date have faulty airbag inflators. So get in touch with your SA and ask them to check it on the Honda system. We all are/ were driving a bomb till now. SCARY
Old 11th March 2017, 15:34   #22
BHPian

Honda had 2 recalls for Driver and Passenger side airbag inflators. I recently got both driver and passenger airbag inflators replaced.
Please use this link to check if your car is part of the recall.

https://www.hondacarindia.com/Unifie...erInquiry.aspx
Old 18th November 2017, 14:09   #23
BHPian

The latest recall data update is from 01 Nov 2017.

Earlier check in 2015 stated my 2011 city needed the passenger side inflator replacement and today it states both sides need to be replaced!

Unlike earlier where it stated that the dealer will contact you, now it asks you to contact your nearest dealer/workshop.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks