Team-BHP > Road Safety

Old 24th September 2020, 13:44   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Aftermarket ISOFIX brackets for a child seat

Hello there,

I hope everyone reading this is doing okay in these rather unusual times.

I wanted to ask VW Polo owners whether anyone has got ISOFIX child seat mounts installed in their cars as an after-market accessory. I currently have a Chicco NextFit fitted using seatbelts in the backseat of my Polo. Though the child seat stays reasonably stable, removing it and fitting it back in becomes a bit of a hassle.

I would go for something that is approved by VW. They offer ISOFIX mounts in a few of their cars now but unfortunately my 2015 Polo doesn't have them.
c_trivedi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 00:05   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Aftermarket ISOFIX brackets for a child seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_trivedi View Post
I currently have a Chicco NextFit fitted using seatbelts in the backseat of my Polo. Though the child seat stays reasonably stable, removing it and fitting it back in becomes a bit of a hassle.them.
Can you share the pics of fixing the child seat without Isofix ?

Quote:
2015 Polo doesn't have them.
Polo is still not offering it at 2020.

They have auto headlamps and rain sensing wipers, but not Isofix mounts.

Shame on you VW.

Similarly Honda doesn't offer it in Jazz and WR-V. The cheaper Amaze gets it across all variants. I really don't get Honda's strategy.

Nexon, XUV300 and Brezza offer it right from the base variant, whereas Ecosport offers only in the higher trims.

Sad to see this kind of underhandedness by Ford

I feel that government should compulsorily mandate Isofix mountings in all cars. The cost to install isofix is negligible at the factory level, and quality / safety will be higher

Most Viewed