Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2017, 20:21   #91
BHPian

Re: Motorsport champion Ashwin Sundar passes away in tragic road accident

A violent underbody hit can deploy the airbag in some cases. Could this also have made him a mere passenger in the car after the speed breaker and caused loss of control?
megazoid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 21:17   #92
Senior - BHPian

Would you care to explain what did you mean by 'you guys'?

Also I have made posts on this thread only today which is after reasonable time. Never I blamed Ashwin personally to earn your outburst. But it seems you are trying to paint everyone with same brush. I sincerely advise to take a break from this thread if you have a problem. I just mentioned how things move on a public forum. If you are not ready to accept the truth, then its certainly not my or what you referred to as 'us guys' problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Buddy! Where did I ask to be politically correct? Again you guys seem to not understand what I meant by TIME. I have explained once already and I feel it was simple enough to understand what I meant. We definitely need to DISCUSS the cause of Accident. But here so many were Speculating , calling him names and even accusing him of killing his wife. I just requested that to stop.

Last edited by carwatcher : 23rd March 2017 at 21:18.
carwatcher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 11:22   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
I sincerely advise to take a break from this thread if you have a problem. I just mentioned how things move on a public forum. If you are not ready to accept the truth, then its certainly not my or what you referred to as 'us guys' problem.
Anyone trying to find a fault with the car; sure will be disappointed. A car can be as crazy as its driver, so it is obvious that some comments are targeted towards the driver. In many such cases, drivers die from other causes like shock or internal injuries. A post-mortem alone cannot give conclusive evidence as the bodies are burnt, but a thorough technical investigation by Car companies can throw more light on the compromise of safety factors during the incident. We also feel sad for the loss of 2 young lives but as mentioned by carwatcher do not take everything too personal.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 19:51   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Lesson learnt, our roads are not racetracks and unless you are familiar with the route, one shouldn't drive fast.
Recalling a speed-breaker built on 1 way road in Hinjewadi Pune Phase 1 road and my car was airborne at 100KMPH. That was not there previous night when I was returning and was completely unmarked on a curvy road with no street light.

So will like to modify- "Never drive fast even on a known city road unless you know PWD/ local contractor, as speed breakers at times built before roads". No humor intended as we are discussing death of 26 year old but one have to learn his lessons quiet early on Indian Roads.

Last edited by Passiautonate : 24th March 2017 at 19:52.
Passiautonate is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks