Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2017, 13:31   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 23,157 units of Toyota Corolla Altis recalled in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hmm. What you are suggesting might be true. But what I am unable to understand is that why will a company like Toyota not issue a statement immediately denying such a recall and probably even force ACI to issue an apology. Afterall recalls hurt a company's image and this news is published all accross the media.
I completely agree with your assertion that TKM should be upfront and offer a clear answer instead of ignoring or denying.

But if you ask me, TKM and Toyota may be laying low after the embarassment caused by the unintended acceleration issue.

I read somewhere it was traced to a faulty footmat fitment (without the hook as a result of which the mat slid under the A pedal) and not the ECU software program or accelerator pedal. I am not sure which part is true. Too many conflicting theories. I know how it ended though, with Toyota being crucified in the US and then doling out cash compensation to affected customers.

Quote:
Second how do you explain this post from this thread where apparently a member got the said replacement done:
Is this replacement on the 9th or the 10th gen Corolla? Can't make out from the post.

As I said before, I plan to do the verification myself during the Diwali holidays by checking the seatbelt manufacturer. Will update this thread.

Last edited by R2D2 : 3rd October 2017 at 13:48. Reason: typo
Old 19th October 2017, 10:17   #17

Re: 23,157 units of Toyota Corolla Altis recalled in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post

Is this replacement on the 9th or the 10th gen Corolla? Can't make out from the post.
My Altis is a 2011 Sep model. I was not intimated by Toyota about the recall, if you read my post earlier it was I who contacted Toyota. I had to go to their service station twice after which Toyota had the aribag inflator replaced at my residence. This was done by Nandi Toyota(Hosur road). Please PM me if you want more details.

Most Viewed