Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2018, 21:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Govt to launch Sukhad Yatra App & toll-free emergency number for highway users

A recent news from MORTHINDIA twitter account.

Quote:
Shri Gadkari to launch Sukhad Yatra App and Toll-free emergency number for highway users
Govt to launch Sukhad Yatra App & toll-free emergency number for highway users-screenshot_20180306212129.png

Govt to launch Sukhad Yatra App & toll-free emergency number for highway users-img_20180306_212035.jpg

Last edited by SJM1214 : 6th March 2018 at 21:37. Reason: Minor change
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 19:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Govt to launch Sukhad Yatra App & toll-free emergency number for highway users

Lovely initiative. But I don't have a grouse with 1 km long jam at the toll gate. This is very common and will resolve in about 30-45 mins. This app will give info about the jam 1 km away from the toll gate. I'm more worried about the jams that stretch for 2-3 kms during weekends and holidays. These take hours to resolve and cause intense fatigue. Also since you are on a tolled road, there is no way you can get off and try a different route.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 22:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Govt to launch Sukhad Yatra App & toll-free emergency number for highway users

One more tweet from MoRTH...

Govt to launch Sukhad Yatra App & toll-free emergency number for highway users-img_20180307_215925.jpg
Old 7th March 2018, 23:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Lovely initiative. But I don't have a grouse with 1 km long jam at the toll gate. This is very common and will resolve in about 30-45 mins. This app will give info about the jam 1 km away from the toll gate. I'm more worried about the jams that stretch for 2-3 kms during weekends and holidays. These take hours to resolve and cause intense fatigue. Also since you are on a tolled road, there is no way you can get off and try a different route.
Depends on how real time updated the database is. I doubt that feature will be useful without substantial amounts of work.

If it allows people to raise complaints about unauthorized local speedbreakers / barriers, bad road conditions etc then that is sufficient for purpose, I guess.
Old 8th March 2018, 00:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

I just downloaded the app from Google play store and installed it.
Though there are some minor usability bugs, i can easily say this is one of the comprehensive app from a government orgranisation we have now which is really good.

Remember we had nothing in the past and the report/escalation process is cumbersome. Given that, this initiative is in the right direction. We have something available in just a click away which is good. How the issues are dealt with or resolved is 2nd part, that time only can tell.

Major features
1) Nearby Toll Plazas => Helps to show nearby tolls.
2) Toll Plaza Enroute => I would say most useful to plan for amount needed. This was available online in website, but making it in app is a good move.
3) Buy Fastag => Online submission to Buy a FASTag. I didn't try it as i already have one. No idea to which bank the request goes.
4) Know your Highway => Need to try in the highway. Unable to check inside Bangalore city.
5) Report an Issue => Helps to Complain about Fastag facility/Lane, complain against toll plaza management, Potholes and other maintenance issues in highways, safety hazard during construction, poor workmanship of construction and others. WOW We can submit visual evidence with location via fotos/videos.
6) Report Summary => Seems it will provide status on a previously reported issue in Resolved/Pending/Rejected states. Is this going to work seriously?
7) Near By => Helps to get Restaurants/Petrol stations/ATMs/Hospitals and place to rest. Details are provided along with address and phone numbers.

And also NHAI Emergency contact number is displayed.

What else one can ask for from a govt. department app in 1.0 version!

First Impression about the app IMPO

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 8th March 2018 at 00:04.
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2018, 09:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

I used this app and found it nice. I think this app is a nice initiative to bring all the details under one roof. I liked the "Report an Issue" module. We never had any proper channel to report issues of highways and toll plaza. Here are some screenshots.

Welcome Page.
Govt to launch Sukhad Yatra App & toll-free emergency number for highway users-1-5.jpg

Registration & Personal Details
Govt to launch Sukhad Yatra App & toll-free emergency number for highway users-1-6.jpg

Home Page
Govt to launch Sukhad Yatra App & toll-free emergency number for highway users-1-7.jpg

Report an Issue.
Govt to launch Sukhad Yatra App & toll-free emergency number for highway users-1-1.jpg

Submenu of Report an Issue.
Govt to launch Sukhad Yatra App & toll-free emergency number for highway users-1-2.jpg

Nearby Menu
Govt to launch Sukhad Yatra App & toll-free emergency number for highway users-1-4.jpg

Details of TollPlaza
Govt to launch Sukhad Yatra App & toll-free emergency number for highway users-1-8.jpg

Toll Plazas
Govt to launch Sukhad Yatra App & toll-free emergency number for highway users-1-9.jpg
SJM1214 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2018, 12:35   #7
BHPian

Need to try the report issue feature at the earliest. Hopefully there should be some kind of SLAs for resolution and if not attended, escalation to higher ups. Would be interesting to see how quickly action is taken. Expecting too much?
Old 9th March 2018, 12:11   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

I installed the app and it is quite good. Simple and functional.

I chose "skip registration" at startup and it popped up a message "Some features will not be available without registration". I continued without registration. The highlighted options in the below picture don't work without registration. Since I plan to use this app for the other options I was not worried and checked those features. All those features work perfectly without registration.
Name:  Picture1.png
Views: 588
Size:  215.0 KB

Nearby Toll plazas and Nearby Nest mini locations are around a radius of 100Kms. Other nearby points are within a radius of around 10kms.

For me the ability to calculate the total toll charges between two places is the most useful feature. Before the trip, I can check this and recharge my Fastag accordingly.

One small bug I found is that the back button on my android phone doesn't work in the app. I have to use the <--- symbol on the app screen Only. My phone is running on Android Nougat.

So far so good. Hope it continues performing well.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2018, 12:19   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I installed the app and it is quite good. Simple and functional.

One small bug I found is that the back button on my android phone doesn't work in the app. I have to use the <--- symbol on the app screen Only. My phone is running on Android Nougat.

So far so good. Hope it continues performing well.
+1 Its simple and does the job well.

I too found the bug , little annoying but not a big deal. We use this app not day in day out, so its fine to live with it as we have a workaround

-Ravi
Old 9th March 2018, 13:17   #10
BHPian

As usual an half baked effort from government. I installed the app but can't report issues at Devanahalli toll plaza because the app thinks it's outside NHAI area.
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2018, 19:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
As usual an half baked effort from government. I installed the app but can't report issues at Devanahalli toll plaza because the app thinks it's outside NHAI area.
Seriously? That's a bummer !!!
Didn't expect this.
I was planning to try out sometime this week, your update is quite disappointing to me. Sad.

-Ravi
Old 9th March 2018, 19:09   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
I think maybe you're talking about the Airport Toll gate. Devanahalli Toll gate is beyond the airport and comes under NHAI. I'm not so sure about the airport toll gate which comes under BIAL.
Old 9th March 2018, 19:48   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
I think maybe you're talking about the Airport Toll gate. Devanahalli Toll gate is beyond the airport and comes under NHAI. I'm not so sure about the airport toll gate which comes under BIAL.
Both are under purview in NHAI and I am talking about the one going towards Devanahalli.

Most Viewed