Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2018, 13:15   #16
BANNED

Re: When a bus I was in played roll-over

[quote=locusjag;4371359...... I'll be damned if I ever overspeed (beyond 80 Kmph) in my TUV![/QUOTE]

Wise decision! - I reached 65 before I learned my lesson! And who says women can't drive!
shashanka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 13:24   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Wise decision! - I reached 65 before I learned my lesson! And who says women can't drive!
Whoa! Are you saying that your Scorpio flipped at 65 kmph...or that you were 65 years of age when it happened?
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 13:37   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Whoa! Are you saying that your Scorpio flipped at 65 kmph...or that you were 65 years of age when it happened?
I was 65 & the car was doing......naaah, on second thoughts there are more sedate things to talk about!
shashanka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 19:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

This reminds me of a roll over I faced a little over an year ago.
I was on the way to a factory on the old Mumbai Pune highway, cruising at barely 70kmph when a mini truck ahead of me had a shakeover. (It had driven over a fallen tailgate which had curved under its left side wheels) I could swerve slightly and get very close to the divider and avoid the main part, and get a fallen deadbolt between my wheels yet it hit below on the LH side. I slowed down even further by only downshifting, and was going to cross an aproaching curve and stop on the side to inspect. Suddenly I felt a tug, and my steering went empty as if it was not connected to anything ahead, and my car took a almost 180* LH and flipped over, just a few feet ahead on the road shoulder.
On later inspection it was found that my LH tierod had snapped.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 06:38   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
This reminds me of a roll over I faced a little over an year ago.
I was on the way to a factory on the old Mumbai Pune highway, cruising at barely 70kmph when a mini truck ahead of me had a shakeover. (It had driven over a fallen tailgate which had curved under its left side wheels) I could swerve slightly and get very close to the divider and avoid the main part, and get a fallen deadbolt between my wheels yet it hit below on the LH side. I slowed down even further by only downshifting, and was going to cross an aproaching curve and stop on the side to inspect. Suddenly I felt a tug, and my steering went empty as if it was not connected to anything ahead, and my car took a almost 180* LH and flipped over, just a few feet ahead on the road shoulder.
On later inspection it was found that my LH tierod had snapped.
Rahul
I have heard of several incidents of this kind (steering linkage failure) from fellow drivers and have fortunately not faced the situation myself till now. I dread to think of the consequences if you had faced this problem with the car travelling at normal highway speed. As the saying goes - Rakhe Krishna Mare Kaun!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks