Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2018, 11:20   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
"4. Safety systems and the structural integrity that we provide in XUV500 in India is the same as what we provide globally, and XUV is being sold in the EU and several other developed markets in keeping with their standards and norms."

What is this (bold) part supposed to mean? Isn't it a contradiction in the same sentence? First you say "we provide the same car globally" and then you say "in keeping with their standards and norms" !!
Precisely the point. It is blatant contradiction

I had mailed sometime back the following queries to Mahindra. They are completely silent on them and have not bothered to reply. I wonder why?

" I have some queries that I have collected in my endeavor to fact find and which would help me enormously . I would like to have a reply on my queries as below to start.

1) Would like to have a copy of the 'Type' Approval for Mahindra Xuv500, manufacturing year 2013, issued by ARAI
2)'Type' Approval and the test report of Frontal and Curtain Airbags from the Approval Body including ARAI.
3) Name of Test Agency who approved it if anyone different.
4) Are these test reports part of ARAI and valid for sale in India.?
I shall appreciate if I can get a prompt reply on my queries. "

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th August 2018 at 11:57. Reason: Merged.
arvindb4 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 16:29   #227
BHPian

Re: XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)

Madhav's friends started their poster campaign today. First pictures. Please encourage these youngsters for taking up a cause.
Attached Thumbnails
XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)-img_20180804_1616151160x870.jpg  

XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)-img_20180804_161606870x1160.jpg  

arvindb4 is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 18:08   #228

Don’t think one is safe in any of the Mahindra offerings. They need to be held accountable for playing with the lives of people.

My best wishes to Madhav for a speedy recovery..

Cheers

Mod Note: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th August 2018 at 19:08.
Cavalier is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 19:13   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindb4 View Post
Madhav's friends started their poster campaign today. First pictures. Please encourage these youngsters for taking up a cause.
I would suggest adding Mahindra XUV in the subject line and this can be sticked on all cars not only XUV. The point here is to defame Mahindra not XUV.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 20:01   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
I would suggest adding Mahindra XUV in the subject line and this can be sticked on all cars not only XUV. The point here is to defame Mahindra not XUV.
Noted. That's how the reverse of the poster looks facing the driver inside. Amazed at these kids

Bravo the youth. I guess what we try. They do it.
Attached Thumbnails
XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)-img_20180804_155132870x1160.jpg  

XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)-img20180804wa0008217x289.jpg  

XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)-img20180804wa0014217x289.jpg  

XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)-img20180804wa0015217x289.jpg  

XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)-img20180804wa0012217x289.jpg  

XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)-img20180804wa0011217x289.jpg  

XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)-img20180804wa0016217x289.jpg  

XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)-img20180804wa0013217x289.jpg  

XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)-img20180804wa0010217x289.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 5th August 2018 at 10:01. Reason: Merging back to back posts
arvindb4 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 20:18   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Noted. That's how the reverse of the poster looks facing the driver inside. Amazed at these kids
Interesting campaign targeting Mahindra in general and XUV5OOs in particular. Unfortunately, there are millions of automobiles on our roads which do not meet safety norms of any kind. Government and manufacturer apathy, right at the topmost levels, is to blame. Take a look at this thread.
SS-Traveller is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 20:25   #232
BHPian

I have a general hatred for flyers being hung on my car. Unsure whether this is going to help your cause or just irk the owners.
crdi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 21:29   #233
BHPian

Madhav has to live with his brain injuries and trauma. I am his father, his protector. My dharma is too ensure that he gets justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Interesting campaign targeting Mahindra in general and XUV5OOs in particular. Unfortunately, there are millions of automobiles on our roads which do not meet safety norms of any kind. Government and manufacturer apathy, right at the topmost levels, is to blame. Take a look at this thread.
You are absolutely. 90 %of accidents go unreported. There has to be a nationwide database. Advantage Manufacturers. It's not about a model. Please mail to MakeInIndiaKoSafeBanao@gmail.com.
Humble beginnings. We must collate data together for better representation

Last edited by GTO : 5th August 2018 at 10:01. Reason: Merging back to back posts
arvindb4 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 22:20   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Kudos to them. Thats fantastic. A step forward in the right direction.

Quote:
Madhav's major surgery went of smoothly. I saw hope in his gaze. Just that was an ecstatic moment for us. He is under observation. Brain swelling, infection and seizures are being monitored closely.
I thank all bhpians and the tremendous support that we have received across the country from complete strangers, all for a just cause.
My family would like to thank all of you for such an unconditional support. We are really touched.
Together we can and we shall.
God Bless.
This is very reassuring news. I'm sure that madhav is going to come out of this stronger than ever. The whole community wishes madhav a complete recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crdi View Post
I have a general hatred for flyers being hung on my car. Unsure whether this is going to help your cause or just irk the owners.
I'm not a fan of advertisement flyers being place on my windshield either, however that being said, if there is something informative being placed on the windscreen, please (I'd) consider putting that "irk" aside and taking a moment to look at whats been placed.

My Question, in general is, would any of us rather have a scuffed windscreen, or say a torn wiper blade over something that may help us take an informed and calculated decision in the future.

Every little bit matters. It takes tiny steps to reach the bigger picture.

I say, let the owners get irked. As to if this is going to benefit the cause or not, let us all do our part in helping madhav, aravind and his family. His friends have taken a step in the right direction, a step forward in battling with this multinational giant. If that poster can get, say, 10 people who become aware, thats 10 less people who are misinformed. And by word of mouth, that 10 can become 50 or 80. We can never know. Kudos to his friends who are putting their feet forward in this trying time to help as much as they can.
One:1 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 22:38   #235
BHPian

Friends, I believe that I may be at the receiving end of a defamation case if I persist.
I don't even know it's implications. But the sooner they do its better.
arvindb4 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 11:03   #236
BHPian

Arvind, it terrible to go thru your experience. I can't imagine the anguish and pain you must be feeling. May GOD give you and your family forbearance and strength to tide this thru. My best wishes and prayers for your son's recovery.

On a separate note: any reason why the op has been banned from posting ? Bit baffled here as I thought his posts were with admirable restraint, considering the circumstances he is going thru.
haria is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 11:23   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haria View Post

On a separate note: any reason why the op has been banned from posting ? Bit baffled here as I thought his posts were with admirable restraint, considering the circumstances he is going thru.
I believe for contravention of back to back posting rules. Should be back soon, I hope, and with good news with regard to his son. I pray that comes before anything else.
mayankk is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 11:56   #238
BHPian

Sad that Mahindra wants to sue the affected party rather than helping him and helping themselves by improving the quality of the vehicles they sell. There is no way I am going near a Mahindra showroom for my next vehicle purchase. I would also be strongly recommending against Mahindra.

Mahindra - If you reading this then 'Rise'.
searacer932 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 12:25   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
There is no way I am going near a Mahindra showroom for my next vehicle purchase. I would also be strongly recommending against Mahindra.

I think it is a bit unfair to single out any one manufacturer. Most manufacturers in India are making absolute mockery of safety standards and getting away with it - thanks to the loop holes in the laws and shoddy guidelines. While some try to slip a fast one by dishing out absolute tin cans which can't stand any impact, some others have faulty or unreliable electronics.

Only thing we can do is take nothing for granted - take the advertisements and media fan-fare of boasts of manufacturers with a big pinch of salt. I wish something positive happens, but the cynic in me, doubt that very much.

There will be recriminations, media reactions , buzz in the media etc. Once the dust settles, it is back to business with almost nothing concrete done, barring some lip-service by all concerned authorities. There are way too many examples of apathy by the authorities concerned
haria is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 13:07   #240
KMT
BHPian

AravindB4, perhaps the flyer should request the car owners to reach out to their "manufacturer" and seek written commitment that their airbag would function if&when they need it.

This will place some onus on the manufacturer and also some more pressure.
KMT is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks