Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2018, 11:08   #121
BHPian

Re: XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)

Can those who have twitter accounts, directly tweet the image, and the thread link to Anand Mahindra?
I think many tweets about the same topic could earn his direct traction.

Mods, please delete this post, if it's not adhering to Team-BHP ethics/code of conduct. It's just that I have not seen any public outcry in any other news portal, even though I'm sure, they're following my this comment too.
sharktale is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 11:11   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
Can those who have twitter accounts, directly tweet the image, and the thread link to Anand Mahindra?

Mods, please delete this post, if it's not adhering to Team-BHP ethics/code of conduct. It's just that I have not seen any public outcry in any other news portal, even though I'm sure, they're following my this comment too.
I agree, how can we make this incident like the viral 'matrimonial ad' which created such huge outcry. Social media is very powerful and would bring even a giant brand to it's knee.
Guna is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 11:12   #123
BHPian

One more example: http://www.grahakseva.com/complaints...oss-of-xuv-500
of a total loss of XUV 500 owing to brake failing

engine fail: http://www.grahakseva.com/complaints...00-engine-fail

gearbox failure in a new XUV: https://www.carwale.com/mahindra-car...reviews/31346/

Very unnerving to see these issues. Arvindb: Seems like XUV500 has a lot of teething issues with loss of lives reported earlier as well
bhpfaninblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 11:19   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindb4 View Post
I am filled with gratitude for the support and suggestions I have read on this thread. I and my family are truly in debited. Madhav is going for another major brain surgery,around the 1st of August, to replace his corneal skull and other issues..
Hello Arvind, Madhav is not going by himself for his surgery. He will be accompanied by best wishes from all of us for a complete recovery. As mentioned by others here, we are all heartbroken to find a situation like this where you see your child.
His recovery remains in the prayers we say; and also those of our friends and families with whom we have shared this incident.
Please do not worry about quoting/ replying to any queries at this time. I am sure we will have time to discuss this later.
Unfortunately, we are not available nearby. I am sure though that we have friendly neighborhood bhpians near your location; please do let us know if there is anything that we can help with.

Best wishes again from all of us to Madhav and to your family too for being strong enough to support his recovery.
selfdrive is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 11:58   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
Did that one day after this thread opened - Zero traction
roy_libran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 12:34   #126
BHPian

At the outset I pray for speedy recovery of your kid. All of us are waiting to hear from you on his operation next week. May the best forces be with him.

Shocking to see SUVs/MUVs like XUV500 to fail the airbag test when most required. I hope the investigation team comes up with something unbiased.
Possible reasons?
1. Passengers not wearing Seat belts
2. First point of impact away from the sensors?No this cant be a reason
3. Installation of any kind of bull bars?
aabhimanyu04 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 13:04   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Hello Arvind, Madhav is not going by himself for his surgery. He will be accompanied by best wishes from all of us for a complete recovery. As mentioned by others here, we are all heartbroken to find a situation like this where you see your child.
His recovery remains in the prayers we say; and also those of our friends and families with whom we have shared this incident.
Please do not worry about quoting/ replying to any queries at this time. I am sure we will have time to discuss this later.
Unfortunately, we are not available nearby. I am sure though that we have friendly neighborhood bhpians near your location; please do let us know if there is anything that we can help with.

Best wishes again from all of us to Madhav and to your family too for being strong enough to support his recovery.
I am truly grateful and touched by your empathy and concern. Please do pray for his recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabhimanyu04 View Post
At the outset I pray for speedy recovery of your kid. All of us are waiting to hear from you on his operation next week. May the best forces be with him.

Shocking to see SUVs/MUVs like XUV500 to fail the airbag test when most required. I hope the investigation team comes up with something unbiased.
Possible reasons?
1. Passengers not wearing Seat belts
2. First point of impact away from the sensors?No this cant be a reason
3. Installation of any kind of bull bars?
Belts were fastened. Police report confirms that. No bull bars or accessories were added. The Xuv500 was exactly how Mahindra delivered it. Not even side step railing.

Last edited by ajmat : 27th July 2018 at 13:09. Reason: Grammer correction
arvindb4 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 13:18   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Mahindra xuv 500 w8, 2013 model
None of the 6 airbags deployed. No seat covers, no accessories, no bumper guards. Seat belts on.
My son suffered from severe traumatic brain injuries. Right side of body, speech, hearing, motor skills are severely impaired and damaged.
My family is really touched with the support I have got from all the members. Thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts. This issue should be spread and kept alive not only for Madhav but for any life that has been put in peril due to similar reasons-and as a means to make people aware in order to take informed decisions. Every life is precious.
Madhav's friends told me yesterday that they are starting a poster campaign and plan to peacefully place a small poster of his accident and no airbags opening under the windscreen wiper of every Xuv500 they come across,so that people are aware of what they are driving
arvindb4 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 13:32   #129
BHPian

Arvind, i am really in tears reading this. Let us know if anything as community we can do to help you and also to avoid future instances.
vennarbank is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 13:47   #130
BHPian

My family would like to thank all bhpians for the unconditional support and concern that we have received every day. We are truly grateful and overwhelmed.
We must keep this thread alive until Automakers and Lawmakers wake up to address us consumers. We can't let another precious life slip away or get incapacitated for life.
I have still not been able to understand the lame reasons I read from automakers for airbags not deploying. Wrong angle, not enough impact, impact away from the sensors, car rolled over etc etc.
Madhav is heading for another major brain surgery. We are crossing our fingers, praying and getting good wishes from everywhere including the bhpians for his recovery. I am sure all prayers shall be answered.
Madhav's friends are starting a poster campaign for awareness and are planning to insert a poster with pictures of his accident and bags not opening , under the front screen wiper of every Xuv500 they come across. They are confident that it shall make owners aware of what they are driving and make informed decisions.
Thanks once again for the tremendous support.
arvindb4 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 14:25   #131
BHPian

@ arvindb4 : I'm really sorry to hear this and my prayers for Madhav to recover soon.

I have a close friend of mine (who is not in Team-Bhp) who would be able to help you with the legal advice / suggestions on how you could proceed with the Case.

If in case you are interested, send me a PM or email: teananth [at] gmail.com - I would share the contact details that could help expedite things.
MadBiker is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 14:30   #132
BHPian

Quote:
We must keep this thread alive until Automakers and Lawmakers wake up to address us consumers. We can't let another precious life slip away or get incapacitated for life.
Thanks once again for the tremendous support.
I think we ought to learn from you courage, restraint, perseverance and above all compassion.

This thread will save many lives by making people aware of the hidden and cleverly masked risks associated with buying M&M. Every buyer who shuns M&M is doing a favor to themselves and their family, friends and others.
CarJunki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 14:32   #133
BHPian

Extremely sad to hear this news. I hope your son recovers soon. All my prayers are with him.
Disappointed with the response from Mahindra.
Old 27th July 2018, 14:49   #134
BHPian

Extremely sad for what you and your family have to go through. Hope your son recovers soon and recovers well.

I was distantly considering for XUV500as my next drive apart from Creta and Verna. I think I will discourage anybody and everybody now going for Mahindra vehicles who seek my opinion.

Last edited by gupta_chd : 27th July 2018 at 14:50.
gupta_chd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 14:55   #135
BHPian

Sad to hear and wishing a speedy recovery. Was considering xuv as my next drive , not any more!
speedgun is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks