Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2018, 15:25   #136
BHPian

Re: XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindb4 View Post

I regret if I was unable to understand how to handle my postings.Dont have the luxury of time.
My heartfelt thanks and gratitude for the support. Madhav is heading for his 3rd Major brain surgery next week. Please put him in your prayers. We believe in miracles.
Madhav will have all our prayers, he will come out of this hard time. You don't have to reply every message of ours. We understand, please keep us posted on his health when you find time.
joe_antony is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 16:29   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Wishing a very speedy and full recovery to Madhav.

I've driven a XUV over around 40-50kms and somehow wasn't comfortable. It was kind of a disconnect with the vehicle.

Safety is what we invest for and getting something like this in return is unimaginable. I don't understand what's delaying the Bharat NCAP. Our country needs a stringent law to deal with errors committed by companies.

I've tweeted about this thread twice but there has been no response from anyone.
BoneCollector is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 20:15   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBiker View Post
@ arvindb4 : I'm really sorry to hear this and my prayers for Madhav to recover soon.

I have a close friend of mine (who is not in Team-Bhp) who would be able to help you with the legal advice / suggestions on how you could proceed with the Case.

If in case you are interested, send me a PM or email: teananth [at] gmail.com - I would share the contact details that could help expedite things.
Shall do. Once we get over with the next surgery at our hands
arvindb4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 03:22   #139
BHPian

Hi Arvind, first of all I wish Madhav the best for his next surgery, I'm sure he will fight this battle and emerge victorious. It's commendable how you have kept yourself composed in this situation; your positive vibe and wishes from all the members here will only speed your son's recovery.
I would certainly suggest you to open a petition in https://www.change.org/ as soon as you get some time, probably addressed to the Ministry of Transport and not just Mahindra, since I believe you have already started official communication with Mahindra on this incident.
Also it would be a good idea to keep a log and timeline of the events/communication happening on your mobile/laptop(whatever is handy), this would really help when you go the legal way as and when needed. I'm spreading this thread through Whatsapp and bringing this to the notice of all my friends.

I wish our Government listens to this and other occurrences and steps up for the necessary reforms required in the laws and make the manufacturer accountable when such incidents occur.

You may also use this to lodge a complain:
https://pgportal.gov.in/
jaysonline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 10:27   #140
BHPian

Yesterday while driving back from the hospital I saw this crashed Chevrolet suv parked on the road side in the greens. I thought I should share it. Look at the impact and the Airbags deployed
Attached Thumbnails
XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)-img_20180727_1632081160x870.jpg  

XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)-img_20180727_1632361160x870.jpg  

XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)-img_20180727_1632481160x870.jpg  

arvindb4 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 12:56   #141
BHPian

Hi buddy, my most sincere prayers for Madhav. I wish him speedy recovery. I hope his surgery around 1st August will be a success.

Can we start a signature campaign in support of Madhav? I am sure all the bhpians and our contacts will support in this cause.

Request to fellow bhpians to advice.
behaln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 13:20   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by behaln View Post
Hi buddy, my most sincere prayers for Madhav. I wish him speedy recovery. I hope his surgery around 1st August will be a success.

Can we start a signature campaign in support of Madhav? I am sure all the bhpians and our contacts will support in this cause.

Request to fellow bhpians to advice.
Certainly. I think that shall be a great support for the cause

Madhav's friends have started this poster campaign for owners of xuv. They requested me to post it here and have also requested me to post it after they are placed on front windscreens under the wiper, not pasted, just placed. I hope that is permissible with the rules of the forum.
Attached Thumbnails
XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)-screenshot_20180728132135.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th July 2018 at 14:32. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
arvindb4 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 14:17   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2013 Mahindra XUV-500 W8. Severe crash & not a single airbag deployed.

Quote:
There has to be an independent third party monitored probe that nails the truth and does the fact finding in an impartial and fair manner. There obviously has been a critical malfunction with the components and or the engineering of the vehicle.
I sent out an email to someone in Australia, and this is (part of) the response I received:

Quote:
I have assisted the Courts and The Coroner to investigated many serious and fatal collisions and assisted with expert evidence in many cases where driver error was in question. My expertise however does not extend to forensic investigation or mechanical failure of safety systems.

From the photos it appears that the vehicle has rolled over. I suspect that Mahindra will argue that front airbags are designed not to deploy in rollovers. What needs to be establish is if sufficient transfer of energy took place to deploy the side and curtain airbags. Looking at the photos alone does not provide sufficient detail about the collision.

Perhaps this company can help https://www.dvexperts.net.
SS-Traveller is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 14:56   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Certainly. I think that shall be a great support for the cause

Madhav's friends have started this poster campaign for owners of xuv. They requested me to post it here and have also requested me to post it after they are placed on front windscreens under the wiper, not pasted, just placed. I hope that is permissible with the rules of the forum.
Very good initiative. However, it does not say XUV and Mahindra clearly. They should be named and shamed for their terrible unsafe pedestrian passenger vehicle products.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 15:00   #145
Senior - BHPian

Very sorry to hear about the accident. Wishing a full and speedy recovery to your son. Nothing else matters right now. Pray that God works miracles through the doctors treating your son.
Old 28th July 2018, 15:30   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
I sent out an email to someone in Australia, and this is (part of) the response I received:
Sir, the car did not roll over. That's according to the best reverse analysis I could get done. It crashed into a cluster of low trees after crashing through iron railings. Did spin and finally rested after an impact on a tree on the driver side door and pillar.
However, I still have not been able to understand that critical impact zones are not covered by sensors or more sensors.
I have posted the Chevrolet suv photos of an accident I just saw yesterday and shared the pictures here.
So far my information says that Mahendra has no airbag certification. It's self certified. I have mailed them to get the answers. Let's see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Very good initiative. However, it does not say XUV and Mahindra clearly. They should be named and shamed for their terrible unsafe pedestrian passenger vehicle products.
I have no hesitation to name. The Forum rules don't allow. Perhaps when his next brain surgery gets over. I shall definitely do it.

Quote:
Noted and shall let these youngsters know

It's depressing. We buy a car that claims safety of occupants with 6 airbags etc etc supported by fancy video's. We believe because we have been conditioned to believe. Then the unfortunate happens. Now everything changes... You did not crash enough, Your crashing angle was wrong, your crashing impact wasn't enough, Your car rolled over. Yes anything may have happened but are you going to deploy an airbag only if the angle is right? Or are you ensuring that all critical impacts shall be detected. . I am quite fed up. These guys don't even have a certification for God's sake.
From the cars I have personally inspected. There is no reason why the area can't be covered by sensors.

Quote:
Noted and I have told them. Thanks for pointing out. They felt that the poster is obvious.

Last edited by theMAG : 28th July 2018 at 18:25. Reason: Merged back-back posts. Please EDIT moving forward.
arvindb4 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 19:25   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sir, the car did not roll over. That's according to the best reverse analysis I could get done. It crashed into a cluster of low trees after crashing through iron railings. Did spin and finally rested after an impact on a tree on the driver side door and pillar.
The rolling over comment is speculative, as is the entire premise of this thread, that the vehicle as well as the manufacturer are at fault. It would certainly help many in this country if a professional, unbiased, forensic investigation of mechanical &/or safety systems failure in the vehicle reveals the actual facts - that would help nail the real culprit. Who knows, maybe a service technician removed the fuses/relays of the airbag circuit some time in the past, or a rat chewed up the wires.

Unfortunately for all of us, such a facility does not exist in India, and calling in an international expert may prove quite expensive.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 28th July 2018 at 19:27.
SS-Traveller is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 19:40   #148
BHPian

Quote:
The rolling over comment is speculative, as is the entire premise of this thread, that the vehicle as well as the manufacturer are at fault. It would certainly help many in this country if a professional, unbiased, forensic investigation of mechanical &/or safety systems failure in the vehicle reveals the actual facts - that would help nail the real culprit. Who knows, maybe a service technician removed the fuses/relays of the airbag circuit some time in the past, or a rat chewed up the wires.

Unfortunately for all of us, such a facility does not exist in India, and calling in an international expert may prove quite expensive.
You are right. The onus to get it done by an international independent body (as you agree that none are in India) rests with the manufacturer.
I think we should stop flying if it's about rats chewing up cables and mantainance technicians don't do their job. I did not pay a huge amount of money on a suv, if this was my insecurity. Rather not drive or even take a bus., or a Metro if this is how it is

Quote:

In my opinion there is nothing speculative here. Based on your hypothesis if it were to be true, so driver can loose his life if the car roll overs,that is justified. If he did not collide correctly, he can die. Let's examine the very premise of colliding correctly. Could you highlight please for all of us here?

Last edited by theMAG : 28th July 2018 at 21:51. Reason: Final reminder: Please Edit your post instead of making back-back posts.
arvindb4 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 20:24   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Based on your hypothesis if it were to be true, so driver can loose his life if the car roll overs,that is justified. If he did not collide correctly, he can die. Let's examine the very premise of colliding correctly. Could you highlight please for all of us here?
Pause a second here, Arvind. I am truly, truly sorry if you think that I am speculating/hypothesizing anything. I am on your side, and I fully support your effort to seek justice for the crash. I am not presuming anything at all, except that I would like to know (perhaps as much as you do) scientifically why the crash happened and airbags did not deploy.

The rubbish that is mouthed by automobile manufacturers in India as an excuse for passive safety (and other) system failures, is just that - rubbish. Your pursuit of the truth will help save many more lives and prevent grievous injuries.

May you have the strength to fight back, and may your son recover soon.
SS-Traveller is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 21:17   #150
BHPian

I was really heartbroken to read about this accident. My thoughts and prayers are with Madhav and I wish him a complete recovery soon. He will come out of this stronger than ever.

I pray for the Almighty to be with you throughout.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks