Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2018, 21:29   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)

Mainstream media (TBHP is also mentioned):

https://www.msn.com/en-in/autos/news...cid=spartanntp
sandeepmdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 22:40   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post

I wrote to Ms Abhilasha.
Are we still OK with paid news? That's what it smells of. Human life no consequence. Brand image and sales pervades.
arvindb4 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 23:27   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post

I'm just blown away with the high handedness of that article. Whatever respect I had for Anand Mahindra is gone. Because statements like that from a business head had to have been validated by the group leader.
What level of crude justification?
Have they not seen the car pictures at all? If they have, then I'm assuming that the threshold for the airbags is a nuclear attack!
Mahindra would have been sued on his backside if this had happened with one of its exports.

Should stick to his twitter philanthropy, and just accept that their qc is Indian standard.
That article reeks of that statement, bade bade shehron mein.... "
Not this time.
Sharing this widely now and the forum should ask all members to voluntarily do so too.
mayankk is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 23:43   #214
BHPian

I think The paid headline and PR went wrong. The comments were masked too but here are the snap shots of the opinions expressed
Attached Thumbnails
XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)-screenshot_20180803231722540x960.jpg  

XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)-screenshot_20180803231608540x960.jpg  

XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)-screenshot_20180803231454540x960.jpg  

XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)-screenshot_20180803231709540x960.jpg  

XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)-screenshot_20180803231841540x960.jpg  

XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)-screenshot_20180803231815540x960.jpg  

XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)-screenshot_20180803231736540x960.jpg  

XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)-screenshot_20180803231624540x960.jpg  

XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)-screenshot_20180803231800540x960.jpg  

XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)-screenshot_20180803231543540x960.jpg  

XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)-screenshot_20180803231828540x960.jpg  

XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)-screenshot_20180803231517540x960.jpg  

arvindb4 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 23:45   #215
BHPian

Arvindb4 - wish your son a speedy recovery and you (& entire family) to be back to normal asap by God's grace.

All this stuff mentioned by Mahindra team (including Anand Mahindra) is a hogwash. There is nary a will nor a care to treat customers' lives with respect. And trust you me it is not just Mahindra but other manufacturers (both Indian and foreign) as well who are in the same bucket. Their saving grace is most people don't want to fix things but would want to put such bad incidents behind them & move on with their lives.

I've been in an accident where my MS Swift Vdi toppled after hitting a divider at 70 km/hr. I walked out of the car without a scratch [seat belt on but the car did not have airbags]. People [including parents] mentioned that the car is safe and saved me. I , on the other hand, saw the product quality and the famous service quality of MS - swearing never to buy any MS product in future, nor let my family buy any. Reminds of the recent tincan campaign on TBHP and I wholeheartedly support it.

We Indians have become habitual of "chalta hai" attitude in life and "kitna deti hai" for our cars - both need to change. In this time of distress, we stand with you to bring this change. may the force be with you!
MNITDEVIL is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 23:54   #216
BHPian

Madhav's major surgery went of smoothly. I saw hope in his gaze. Just that was an ecstatic moment for us. He is under observation. Brain swelling, infection and seizures are being monitored closely.
I thank all bhpians and the tremendous support that we have received across the country from complete strangers, all for a just cause.
My family would like to thank all of you for such an unconditional support. We are really touched.
Together we can and we shall.
God Bless.
arvindb4 is offline   (52) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 00:21   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindb4 View Post
Madhav's major surgery went of smoothly. I saw hope in his gaze. Just that was an ecstatic moment for us. He is under observation. Brain swelling, infection and seizures are being monitored closely.
I thank all bhpians and the tremendous support that we have received across the country from complete strangers, all for a just cause.
My family would like to thank all of you for such an unconditional support. We are really touched.
God Bless.
Hello Arvind, nothing but respect for you for your courage and strength for enduring this with fierce grace.
I am a former XUV owner and I had bought the vehicle with the intention of it being a "safe" one. You know the same spiel that perhaps we all fell for when we bought the XUV: Airbags, ESP, Curtain Airbags etc. I can imagine how short-changed you must feel that the so-called safe vehicle you paid a premium for miserably failed at its intended purpose!
I sincerely hope that Madhav feels better very soon.
Regards,
Krishna
krishnamarathe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 00:35   #218
BHPian

Hope he gets well soon. I feel you would be glad to know that I was thinking of getting the XUV AT for younger brother but after reading this thread a few others, I will stay away and also suggest others to stay away from a company like Mahindra.
Doge is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 00:45   #219
BHPian

Madhav's friends are doing this poster campaign. Placing it on the front windscreen of every Xuv500 they find. These kids are amazing. Look at their larger concern and social responsibility. I am really proud of them. It's about each and every life and about our country. Hats off to them.
Attached Thumbnails
XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)-screenshot_20180804003715.jpg  

arvindb4 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 00:53   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindb4 View Post
God Bless.
Glad to hear that his surgery went smooth. He is in our thoughts and prayers.

Mahindra should put their act together, find the root cause of the airbag issue and rectify all the cars with issues. Its time for stricter consumer safety rules to safeguard customers.

Our family had plans to buy a 2-3 year old used XUV with a budget of ~13 lakhs in the coming months. After going through this thread I am very scary of that decision and not going to buy an unsafe car. I am sure many prospective buyers of XUV will be sitting on the fence to see how this case is resolved. Are you listening Mahindra????

Last edited by AccordSport : 4th August 2018 at 00:55.
AccordSport is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 01:39   #221
BHPian

Arvind sir,
May god give you more strength in this tough time. I pray to God for speedy recovery and I hope he is well soon.

I have been following this thread since it came on the home page of T-Bhp. Today I saw the article on Rushlane and couldn't digest the letter published by Mahindra. I can't understand how Mahindra has the audacity to publish such a letter with stupid facts.
I even tweeted to Mahindra regarding that letter published by Mahindra's president.

It takes a lot of strength to fight with big corporations like Mahindra and you are doing an amazing job. Madhav will be very proud of you.

If Mahindra is issuing paid articles from websites then they are giving your case the exposure it deserves. No one is going to believe the crap that they are writing in that letter.

We are all with you.
parth.jain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 07:15   #222
BHPian

Arvind Sir happy to hear about successful surgery, wish him a speedy & full recovery.
Hats off to you for standing up and raising valid points against a huge conglomerate, it requires courage.

I wonder how hard it is to accept a mistake, carry out independently investigation & if required apply a fix for all vehicle/XUV sold.
I am pretty sure this incident is causing sales impact, plus serious negative publicity for Mahindra on one of the most successful model.

Why can’t they take simple logical path and come out clean on this rather than doing usual corporate PR?
Acharya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 07:35   #223
Senior - BHPian

"4. Safety systems and the structural integrity that we provide in XUV500 in India is the same as what we provide globally, and XUV is being sold in the EU and several other developed markets in keeping with their standards and norms."

What is this (bold) part supposed to mean? Isn't it a contradiction in the same sentence? First you say "we provide the same car globally" and then you say "in keeping with their standards and norms" !!
samaspire is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 09:14   #224
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Dear Arvind,

We do understand the stress & anguish you are going through, but please also take a moment to respect our forum rules.

We have sent you multiple messages on avoiding back to back posts and using the "MULTI-QUOTE" function. Unfortunately, you have also been infracted for the same for repeatedly posting back to back messages.

Please take 5 minutes out. To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Thanks for the support & understanding
GTO is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 09:27   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
"4.

What is this (bold) part supposed to mean? Isn't it a contradiction in the same sentence? First you say "we provide the same car globally" and then you say "in keeping with their standards and norms" !!

Nice point that you have brought out here. When you try to be over diplomatic, this is the kind of language that is used.

Please note that a multi-million dollar company will never accept their fault. The fight has to be collective. Negative publicity will help but for how long?
Remember people who did fraud with banks and ran away to other countries were in the headlines of newspapers, but now there is only a small article on page 4, 5, 6 etc.
Negative publicity will lower the sales of XUV by peanuts.

The effort to get the truth out has to be collective and has to be done now.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed