Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2018, 16:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

The video released by NCAP:

Great going by Tata. This should help their reputation a lot. Also gives some hard facts about their safety.

Tata should capitalise on this and ideally run a short ad campaign on this. They should leverage this news to generate positive buzz.
AkMar is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 17:00   #17
BHPian

re: Tata Nexon gets 4 Stars in the Global NCAP crash test!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post

Strangely I don't see Nexon listed in the Global NCAP results page yet. Why is that?
While the results page hasn't been updated as yet, Global NCAP has put up the report here http://www.globalncap.org/safercarsf...lt-tata-nexon/

Global NCAP also tweeted here https://twitter.com/GlobalNCAP/statu...40175622336513

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
FourWheelDrift is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 17:32   #18
BHPian

Very assuring to see Nexon perform well in the crash test. Even Zest received good scores and I won't be surprised to see Tiago / Tigor receive 4 start ratings as well. Something worth mention here is that these cars are made in India and made for India. This result should go a long way in correcting the image that Tata is trying so hard to shed.
ksameer1234 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 17:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

Great News!! This news comes as a glimmer of hope for me as far Indian manufacturers are concerned.
I guess this should also be First Indian company manufactured car meant for India to have this kind of showing?

I think I have an inkling of what my next car will be!! There were some doubts on that following not so good news from another Indian manufacturers.

Last edited by vibbs : 7th August 2018 at 17:38.
vibbs is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 18:34   #20
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Very heartening to see India made and made by Indian company car gets a four star safety rating.
As per NDTV report only four India made cars have managed to achieve this and now two of them are from Tata, Nexon and Zest. The other two are from global companies, VW Polo and Toyota Etios.

I had read in one of the threads that in India only Tata have a in-house crash test facility in Pune, which now is showing it's capabilities. Great going Tata
S.MJet is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 00:14   #21
Senior - BHPian

Tata passenger vehicles were not very frail to begin with. This was probably down to the fact that Tata Motors's Pune plant, was one of the first car companies in India to have in-house full vehicle crash testing facilities - and new models from their passenger car business unit were regularly crashed and evaluated to measure their safety performance. In fact, unbeknownst to many, the original Indica, way back in 1998 was one of the few cars to mimic the then prevalent Euro crash norms, for frontal and rear impacts and even rollover.

With the launch of the new modular platform, which will be torsionally more rigid, Tata will up the safety quotient further. And the new crop of SUV's based on the Land Rover's underpinnings should be at the top of the safety ladder.

Good to see an Indian manufacturer's dedication to vehicle safety engineering and wish them all the best for the future years.

P.S: Found this rather interesting article from a 2009 archive. Looks like the little Tata also survived after taking quite a biff on its pert nose!
Link:
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/m...ash-test-video
arjab is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 00:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Awesome. It was kinda expected seeing the car inside out.

But let's be honest it would barely make much of a difference to the actual sales numbers as 'OMG, a TATA' mentality still prevails heavily. But then hoping the word of mouth (the actual working factor in India) does it's trick in due time and the manufacturer is rewarded for the good job.

P.S: if last month's numbers is any parameter, the nexon really needs some push. 3.XXX is really sad
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 02:00   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Good news indeed.

FYI the Mahindra XUV (2012?) got 4 Stars in the Australia NCAP. Google before presenting bouquets and brickbats.
kiku007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 10:35   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Nexon gets 4 Stars in the Global NCAP crash test!

Congratulations Tata! This news makes us proud . I guess it's been a fab Tuesday for you - first this news, and then of Sanand. Am sure there was quite a celebration in Mumbai, Pune & Gujarat last night .

I'm just thinking, if a Nexon variant comes out with 6 airbags, it might become a 5-star car? Wow. Airbags are cheap today - just do it, Tata!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
TATA had achieved a four star result earlier with the Zest as well.
Important to note that both of them use the old X1 platform (first seen in the Indica Vista). Obviously, Tata has been beefing it up over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
But let's be honest it would barely make much of a difference to the actual sales numbers as 'OMG, a TATA' mentality still prevails heavily.
I disagree. Your comments are frankly outdated. While the Tata brand does carry a lot of baggage, its new cars are doing well. The Tiago is consistently selling 7,000 - 8,000 cars, while the Nexon does 4,000+.

Also remember that it is this kind of news that builds a brand. Yes, the process is long, but quality always pays for itself. The market today is a lot more mature.
GTO is offline   (42) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 10:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

Tata Nexon scores 4-star Global NCAP safety rating

The Tata Nexon has received a 4-star safety rating in Global NCAP crash tests. It was awarded a 3-star rating for child occupant protection.

Tata Nexon gets 4 Stars in the Global NCAP crash test!-nexon-global-ncap-crash-test.jpg

According to the Global NCAP report, the Nexon offered good head and neck protection for adult occupants. Protection for the driver and passenger chest area was found to be adequate but knee protection was marginal. The bodyshell was rated as stable and could withstand further loadings.

The child seat for 3-year old occupants was able to prevent excessive forward movement during the crash. It offered good protection for the head and marginal protection to the chest. Head and chest protection for 18-month old occupants was also rated as good.

Tata Nexon gets 4 Stars in the Global NCAP crash test!-tata-nexon_body-structure.jpg

The test vehicle was equipped with ABS, driver and passenger airbags, front seat belt pretensioners, seat belt reminder for the driver and ISOFIX child safety seat anchors. According to Tata Motors, the Nexon has an energy-absorbing body structure with high-strength steel construction. It also has a reinforced footwell with pedal blockers.

Source: Global NCAP

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 8th August 2018 at 10:39.
TusharK is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 10:47   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'm just thinking, if a Nexon variant comes out with 6 airbags, it might become a 5-star car? Wow. Airbags are cheap today - just do it, Tata!

Also remember that it is this kind of news that builds a brand. Yes, the process is long, but quality always pays for itself. The market today is a lot more mature.
I think that is exactly what Tata needs to do. Give 6 airbags, get 5 stars and importantly MARKET it. Let people know, Tata has come a long way from the Indicas of the old.

I am not sure if airbags are standard across all variants. If not, do it and market the fact that no matter which variant you pick, you get a car rated 4 stars!!
vibbs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 11:01   #27
BHPian

I am just curious to know about how a car reaches the GLOBAL NCAP tests. Does the manufacturer send their vehicle to them or they pick up a vehicle from the market?
I don't want to sound paranoid and just wanted to share a thought that came to my mind. If its the manufacturer that send its vehicle wouldn't there be a possibility of tweaking the vehicle to perform better in the crash test (just like VW did for emission tests).

Not taking anything away from TATA, there are Indian cars that have failed the Global NCAP tests too, so we can consider that the game is equal to all manufacturers. So way to go TATA!!
rish_arora is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 11:07   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
I am not sure if airbags are standard across all variants. If not, do it and market the fact that no matter which variant you pick, you get a car rated 4 stars!!
Front dual airbags and ABS is standard right from base variant.

Not sure if they should advertise this, it may not have a impact unless it was a full five stars.
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 11:10   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Front dual airbags and ABS is standard right from base variant.

Not sure if they should advertise this, it may not have a impact unless it was a full five stars.
In my opinion they should use it for marketing too, otherwise how would a person not following any auto websites/journals come to know that car is 4 star certified. And also I feel it positively impacts sales in the long run.
Old 8th August 2018, 11:20   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
In my opinion they should use it for marketing too --.
They are already at it

Tata Nexon gets 4 Stars in the Global NCAP crash test!-dkbbistw4ai9liy.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (25) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks