Go Back   Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Road Safety

Old 14th October 2018, 17:16   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Crowdsourcing ideas to reduce accidents - I'm helping the District Administration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
This might be counterproductive, registering an FIR now is quite a pain, if there is an incentive on recording minimum number of accidents, then getting a FIR would be an even bigger hurdle.
Agree, but if there can be cctv cameras recording most of the highway, and provide free access to footage, the enforcers will have no room but to comply with the need to file an FIR.

Also, I guess when you empower people, the results are rarely counterproductive, despite nepotism and corruption.
shreevishnu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2018, 21:38   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Crowdsourcing ideas to reduce accidents - I'm helping the District Administration

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasa_hubble View Post
If education solved everything laws would not be needed. The people follow the law when it is enforced properly and when they know they will be penalised. ... ...
Without education about driving and the law, people will not know the law. Without education about attitude, people will be arrogant and think that it only applies to others.

I believe that education is the key factor.

But no, you are right: it is not enough. Us humans can know all about what is right, and still do what is wrong. Education does not solve everything: proper law enforcement is very necessary too.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote