Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2018, 18:41   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Global NCAP secretary general expects first 5-Star rated car from India before year end

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The 5 Star rated Nexon is applicable to units produced from December 7th.

Well let's hope TATA doesn't silently delete the new chassis safety features to get back to cost cutting when the word of mouth about this crash rating hits its peak.

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 9th December 2018 at 18:43.
Nithesh_M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 06:01   #92
BHPian

re: Tata Nexon: Global NCAP’s first 5-Star Indian car

Wow. They have earned my respect 100% Now I hope work on reliability is next. I wish it had a four cylinder engine instead of three
Old 10th December 2018, 07:22   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishy View Post
Wow. They have earned my respect 100% Now I hope work on reliability is next. I wish it had a four cylinder engine instead of three
I dont think any of the recent Tata's have any issues with reliability as far as I know. Reliability is a constant endeavour anyway and there is always room for improvement but as things stand currently, their car's are not unreliable.
Old 10th December 2018, 07:51   #94
BHPian

Proud moment for us. I am so happy this is a Tata product. The Nexon is a wonderful car and I wish Tata a very successful journey. They have got their priorities right. May they continue to focus on safety in every car they make.
Lets hope they become the Volvo of India.
bigben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 09:44   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I dont think any of the recent Tata's have any issues with reliability as far as I know. Reliability is a constant endeavour anyway and there is always room for improvement but as things stand currently, their car's are not unreliable.

I have seen numerous complaints about Nexon on facebook forums, hence the comment
Old 10th December 2018, 10:30   #96
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Nexon: Global NCAP’s first 5-Star Indian car

Oh my God - Tata. Congratulations .

This is incredible. I wouldn't have expected the Nexon to do so well, considering that its based on an old platform that dates back to the Indica Vista! Clearly, a lot of work has been done to bring it up to date.

Love this news. Tata has just raised the benchmark for others to follow. It's always one mega car that sets a higher standard that other new launches go on to adopt.

Class act, man!
GTO is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 13:24   #97
Senior - BHPian

Buddy, check feedback on our own forum. It's pretty good. Tata is making reliable cars, and that's a fact. Please accept this! When I bought a Tata there were these old wives' tales. These people would quote some vague source or some uncle of a friend, who... once upon a time, bought a Tata and burnt his hand. We burnt our hand on first gen Indica, water leaked from the top when it rained (just after we took delivery) and were taking the car home! But this doesn't hold true anymore, brother! You can quote me on this, next time!

Quote:
I have seen numerous complaints about Nexon on Facebook forums, hence the comment
Sebring is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 13:58   #98
BHPian

Damn! This again! I just witnessed this debate today morning on a WhatsApp group. It's like no matter what Tata does, some things will never ever change... Or we don't want to change?

Please, let's hope this wonderful thread celebrating a true achievement does not get diluted with this debate.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 20:10   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have seen numerous complaints about Nexon on facebook forums, hence the comment
Open any damn page of any car and any manufacturer. Its full of complaints. I have seen honda, maruti, toyota too where customers are posting issues about their cars.

Internet is a good platform to post issues and gain attention. Many use it at peril these days. Its a double edge sword.
amit_mechengg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th December 2018, 11:08   #100
BHPian

Tata Nexon showcased to the world in Switzerland after scoring 5 star safety
This is a first, I think, and a very proud moment for all of us. Hats of to Tata for achieving this.

Link : https://www.rushlane.com/hyundai-cre...-12290465.html
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon: Global NCAP’s first 5-Star Indian car-tatanexonwhoheadquartersswitzerland2.jpg  

sparky@home is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2018, 13:07   #101
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats TATA.

You make us proud.

That said somehow Safest Car and Most Reliable are separate and right now TATA still needs to work on reliability aspect (including for the nexon, basis very close first hand experience that I have of a Nexon being so unreliable the driver could do only 2000 kms in the first year and needing an engine replacement which too was not carried out too well.)

That said TATA cars have generally being Safest of the lot in the last few years in it's respective categories.
Old 14th December 2018, 15:10   #102
Senior - BHPian

This is great news. It takes long time and lot of effort to change perception, and TATA is on the right path to change it.

Thanks to Nexon,Tiago and likes, its no more a cab manufacturer.
My almost 8 year old Nano is a testimony to how good Tata cars are being built of late.
Old 15th December 2018, 16:08   #103
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Congrats Tata motors team for achieving 5 start safety rating for Nexon. I have Tata Indica DLS 2008 model, apart from few minor issues, it is still going good.

Few queries,

1. It is mentioned that 5 star rating is applicable for cars manufactured from December 7 and from specific VIN.

Before buying, how to ensure that the car is after Dec 7 , can we figure out the date of mfd from VIN or is it just enough if the car is of Dec, 2018 ?

2. Is the rating applicable of all variants of Nexon i.e from XE to XZ+ ? or only applicable for top end

Thanks,
Srinivas. R

Last edited by sriswe : 15th December 2018 at 16:10.
Old 15th December 2018, 18:11   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
Before buying, how to ensure that the car is after Dec 7 , can we figure out the date of mfd from VIN or is it just enough if the car is of Dec, 2018 ?

2. Is the rating applicable of all variants of Nexon i.e from XE to XZ+ ? or only applicable for top end

Thanks,
Srinivas. R
1. AFAIK, there is no way to tell from the VIN if it is manufactured after the 7th,though there is a good chance that it is. It IMHO, is better to buy a Jan VIN car in two ways, one you're sure that it is indeed a 5* rated car and two that it'll help you during resale (though you'll have to absorb the cost increase from Jan if any).
2. The rating is applicable on all variants as per the report.
Mukund is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2018, 00:48   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukund View Post
1. AFAIK, there is no way to tell from the VIN if it is manufactured after the 7th,though there is a good chance that it is. It IMHO, is better to buy a Jan VIN car in two ways, one you're sure that it is indeed a 5* rated car and two that it'll help you during resale (though you'll have to absorb the cost increase from Jan if any).
I'm in the same dilemma. The top end variant now costs 9.88ex showroom. There is a price hike of 20k expected by Jan. This will push the ex-showroom price more than 10L and along with the price hike and TDS, the OTR will increase by a cool 80k. This is with the exclusion of the offers that are currently on for the month of December (Insurance costs only 6k if you book in Dec). If you bring the December offers into the equation it just looks like too much of money. All this only for the XZ+ diesel Manual single tone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks