Go Back   Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Road Safety

Old 9th December 2018, 13:50   #91
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Tata Nexon Creates History With 5 Star Global NCAP Crash Test Rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
Kudos TATA. You make us proud.
India being the bread and butter market of Suzuki, they didn't care about Indian's safety, putting the onus on regulations. Hope this will make things change.
While I understand where you are coming from, I feel it is us as a whole who haven't cared enough about safety. I owned a Kizashi which was one of the safest cars in its segment outperforming cars like the C-Class, 3-series and A4 until 2014 when its production was ceased. The car was sold here for a pittance with akebono brakes, such fantastic safety nets and what did we all have to say? "It's too expensive" even though it was far cheaper than its rivals. On the other hand, every generation of the Swift keeps getting lighter and flimsier yet we all sing praise.

The common man doesn't really care about much else apart from features, but if us enthusiasts also make such grave mistakes in what we choose to endorse, there's no point laying back and blaming the companies for reacting to market trends.
IshaanIan is online now   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2018, 18:41   #92
BHPian

Default Re: Global NCAP secretary general expects first 5-Star rated car from India before year end

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The 5 Star rated Nexon is applicable to units produced from December 7th.

Well let's hope TATA doesn't silently delete the new chassis safety features to get back to cost cutting when the word of mouth about this crash rating hits its peak.

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 9th December 2018 at 18:43.
Nithesh_M is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2018, 06:01   #93
BHPian

Default re: Tata Nexon: Global NCAPís first 5-Star Indian car

Wow. They have earned my respect 100% Now I hope work on reliability is next. I wish it had a four cylinder engine instead of three
ashishy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2018, 07:22   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishy View Post
Wow. They have earned my respect 100% Now I hope work on reliability is next. I wish it had a four cylinder engine instead of three
I dont think any of the recent Tata's have any issues with reliability as far as I know. Reliability is a constant endeavour anyway and there is always room for improvement but as things stand currently, their car's are not unreliable.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2018, 07:51   #95
BHPian

Proud moment for us. I am so happy this is a Tata product. The Nexon is a wonderful car and I wish Tata a very successful journey. They have got their priorities right. May they continue to focus on safety in every car they make.
Lets hope they become the Volvo of India.
bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2018, 09:44   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I dont think any of the recent Tata's have any issues with reliability as far as I know. Reliability is a constant endeavour anyway and there is always room for improvement but as things stand currently, their car's are not unreliable.

I have seen numerous complaints about Nexon on facebook forums, hence the comment
ashishy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2018, 10:30   #97
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Tata Nexon: Global NCAPís first 5-Star Indian car

Oh my God - Tata. Congratulations .

This is incredible. I wouldn't have expected the Nexon to do so well, considering that its based on an old platform that dates back to the Indica Vista! Clearly, a lot of work has been done to bring it up to date.

Love this news. Tata has just raised the benchmark for others to follow. It's always one mega car that sets a higher standard that other new launches go on to adopt.

Class act, man!
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2018, 13:24   #98
BHPian

Buddy, check feedback on our own forum. It's pretty good. Tata is making reliable cars, and that's a fact. Please accept this! When I bought a Tata there were these old wives' tales. These people would quote some vague source or some uncle of a friend, who... once upon a time, bought a Tata and burnt his hand. We burnt our hand on first gen Indica, water leaked from the top when it rained (just after we took delivery) and were taking the car home! But this doesn't hold true anymore, brother! You can quote me on this, next time!

Quote:
I have seen numerous complaints about Nexon on Facebook forums, hence the comment
Sebring is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2018, 13:58   #99
BHPian

Damn! This again! I just witnessed this debate today morning on a WhatsApp group. It's like no matter what Tata does, some things will never ever change... Or we don't want to change?

Please, let's hope this wonderful thread celebrating a true achievement does not get diluted with this debate.
Dr.Suraj is online now   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2018, 20:10   #100
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I have seen numerous complaints about Nexon on facebook forums, hence the comment
Open any damn page of any car and any manufacturer. Its full of complaints. I have seen honda, maruti, toyota too where customers are posting issues about their cars.

Internet is a good platform to post issues and gain attention. Many use it at peril these days. Its a double edge sword.
amit_mechengg is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote