Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2018, 15:09   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Because Maruti believes that making a car safe will make people drive them fast thinking they would be safe and create more accidents. You should note that Maruti is against accidents. They believe any Maruti car is safer than a scooter, hence all their cars are safe.

Not just that. Because they know for sure that their ideal customers are after a record-breaking mileage, they will anyway be driving at a very low speeds and thus there's hardly ever a chance of an accident!

Last edited by prakash_ajp : 7th December 2018 at 15:10. Reason: grammar
Old 7th December 2018, 15:28   #17
BHPian

re: Tata Nexon: Global NCAP’s first 5-Star Indian car

A notable event indeed.
If TATA skimped on features to achieve this then so be it. They have come a long way with their products and now this too!
Old 7th December 2018, 15:39   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Great job TATA.

I hope the mass market takes notice.

Edit: Only 977 views for the Youtube video in the OP. :(

Last edited by kiku007 : 7th December 2018 at 15:41.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 15:46   #19
BHPian

Tata Nexon Creates History With 5 Star Global NCAP Crash Test Rating and for being first Indian car to do so.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/te...s-3264511.html

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th December 2018 at 21:50. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
bageherath is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 16:01   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Great job by Tata. I was under the impression that side airbags were mandatory for a 5 Star Rating. Looks like that is not the case. Definitely a huge and well deserved bragging right for Tata.

Looking forward to seeing manufacturers focus more on the safety aspects related to crash worthiness going forward.
Rajeevraj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 16:02   #21
BHPian

Proud achievement for Tata Motors to become the first manufacturer in India to get a 5 star rating for safety in the passenger car segment.

As Vid6639 mentioned, if safety comes at the cost of having to do away with accessories, that is a well balanced compromise and kudos to TML in having got their priorities in place.

What remains to be seen is how much affect this has on the other players in the market and how others follow suit, hope this ushers in a thought for safety as a factor among consumers when deciding on car purchases.
AlphaLamb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 16:06   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
Nexon becomes the first Indian car to score 5 star rating in GNCAP crash testing.
It's certainly time to rejoice for all Nexon owners. The reply I got from Tata Motors headquarters confirms some changes have been made to the car post 4 star rating awarded to Nexon recently. I am curious to know details of the changes (including structural , if any) with the only obvious change mentioned in the video being voice alert alarm being added for passenger seat belt reminder with the older cars having alert only for driver seatbelt. Nonetheless , we Nexon owners should be proud of how the car has turned out to be a blockbuster (by TATA standards) with consistent sales.
Old 7th December 2018, 16:08   #23
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon first India car to score full 5 star for GNCAP

This is great news. Whereas international car manufacturers are reducing the safety levels of the cars sold in India, here is an Indian manufacturer whose vehicles are improving on safety standards. Safety is a high priority in the list of things I want in my car and I am happy that it's also a high priority for Tata.
amit1agrawal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 16:11   #24
BHPian

Now that most manufacturers are giving 2 airbags and ABS as standard across variants (and still faring poorly in crash tests), this is a silver lining which every customer should look for when buying a car. Unlike other gimmicky features, safety features are intended for safety. And to provide airbags as standard feature just to tick off a box in the feature list without enhancing the actual safety of occupants, is futile.

Nexon might just have (very well deserving) given Tata motors a strong statement to proudly wear as a batch of honor on their chests and boast about it as loud as possible.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 16:13   #25
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon first India car to score full 5 star for GNCAP

What a fantastic news for Tata. Imagine the amount of free and postive marketing the Nexon gets and rightfully so. I would like to have Tata to put up big banners with 5* everywhere to celebrate this !
coldice4u is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 16:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

So it was the NEXON that they(Euro NCAP) were talking about when they said 'we are soon expecting India's first 5 star car'. I thought 6 airbags is mandatory for that rating but looks like its not. Never the less kudos to TATA for the commendable effort

I saw some ADs when they scored 4 stars. This should be marketed well and people should be made to understand via ADs and other channels about importance of safety. Now TATA or for that matter any other manufacturer(read Ford Ecosport) can do only so much and then the onus is on the consumers to take note and appreciate that(in terms of numbers ofcource).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaLamb View Post
What remains to be seen is how much affect this has on the other players in the market and how others follow suit, hope this ushers in a thought for safety as a factor among consumers when deciding on car purchases.
Unless this translates to getting better sales, I don't see any impact on other manufacturers, as they know Indian consumers don't give two hoots about safety in terms of stable body-shell and other active safety features.

P.S: Has the Tiago or Tigor been tested yet? If they manage to score 4 stars atelast with a stable body-shell we could safely assume TATA as the safest car manufacturer in India.

Last edited by SoumenD : 7th December 2018 at 16:32.
SoumenD is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 16:32   #27
BHPian

Great news & great job done by TATA!
I only wish that all this hard work & determination should convert into more invoices for the company.
When we know people reducing the size (diameter) of the airbag & here is one homegrown company trying to improve the score by 1 to get five star rating. I feel the company needs to use this achievement more in their branding. And can we expect the upcoming Harrier to score five star at its launch.
All the best to TATA team!
distiller is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 16:55   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Respect!!!

Extremely happy that it is coming from one of the most respected Indian automobile brand. They are certainly going in the right direction with some really amazing product line updates in the last 1 year.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 17:02   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Great job by Tata. I was under the impression that side airbags were mandatory for a 5 Star Rating. Looks like that is not the case.
It still is for Euro NCAP. Guess the standards are slightly lower for Global NCAP. The 1 star rating for Jeep Wrangler is from Euro NCAP. Still, a remarkable achievement indeed for Tata.
prkiran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 17:07   #30
Senior - BHPian

This is where TATA has got a head start over the others. If not all the car buying public, a good percentage of the car buying public in India are safety conscious. TATA would do well to advertise this in the context of the number of fatalities that we have in India vis-à-vis the rest of the world. Hope they continue to improve things further by making all of their newer generation cars (Tiago, Tigor, Harrier etc.) also score 5 even if it is at the cost of some of the not-so-essential features in those cars.

I too was under the impression that side and curtain airbags were required to score a 5. So if TATA can provide these in the top variants, these cars would have a score of 5+ i.e., have an even higher score for adult occupancy (which currently is 16.06/17) and child occupancy (currently at 25/49).

Well done TATA.
pjbiju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks