Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2018, 17:13   #31
BHPian

re: Tata Nexon: Global NCAP’s first 5-Star Indian car

I vividly remember sticker badges on the rear windshield of 1st gen Hyundai i20 sporting a "EURO NCAP 4/5 star" and Polo sporting "World Car of the Year" (after it won in 2010).
It is time for Tata to add a "India's first 5 star GNCAP safety" badge to promote its safety quotient.

PS: Nexon's official website and even Brochure pdf already have the "India's Safest Car" banner.

Last edited by anthusiast : 7th December 2018 at 17:17. Reason: more info added
anthusiast is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 17:21   #32
Senior - BHPian

Its a huge achievement. Good news after ages. Kudos to Tata's for taking the initiative for manufacturing India's first 5 star Global Crash Test rated car.

Hope other manufacturers follow suit, especially the global brands which already have the knowhow for the global markets. High time they gave us quality products in India.
Old 7th December 2018, 17:33   #33
BANNED

It's so great to hear such a news, that too from TATA. They have shown consistent quality improvement in lot of areas be it plastic quality, safety, features etc. I think these kinds of honest improvements will actually increase consumers faith in the manufacturer and let's hope the same to get reflected in their sales too.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 17:33   #34
BHPian

Absolutely amazing achievement. It is indeed a great feeling to see such dedication from an auto manufacturers towards its customers. Even getting a 4 star NCAP rating wasn’t bad at all. We all know the ratings some of the most market favorites achieved. So, for a model that dishes out 4-5K models a month, working diligently to improve the safety standards from 4 stars to 5 stars shows the level of commitment they have for its client base.

My respect towards TATA as a brand and “The Man” behind this increased even further. I know we all were cribbing over the deleted features but I understand that those were removed for a purpose. To ensure that the cost associated with the additional safety features doesn’t fall on the customer. Kudos!

Last edited by GTO : 10th December 2018 at 08:15. Reason: Removing duplicated text
R-Six is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 17:34   #35
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Proud moment indeed! 1st ever Indian car to score 5 stars. Well done Tata. Take a bow!
If this is the case with Nexon, Harrier will also surely score 5 stars.
Old 7th December 2018, 17:35   #36
Senior - BHPian

This is a great news.
One gentleman in the video mentions that structurally it is the same Nexon which got the 4 stars earlier but a addition of 4 channel ABS, seatbelt alert for the driver..... has helped to achieve 5 stars. I just wonder if that is the case, those who already got 4 stars can easily upgrade to 5 by just adding safety features?
Is the 5 star rating foe the front occupants as it seems the for the rear it still retains 3 star rating.
Guna is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 17:38   #37
BHPian

Re: Global NCAP secretary general expects first 5-Star rated car from India before year end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
This is interesting. Also on a related note, https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-new-cars.html (Why is Tata Motors deleting features from its new cars?)

The thread above got a lot of flack and deservedly so but one of the reasons for the features deletion was to get the Nexon to 5 star certification. So the loss of minor features was at the cost of safety. They had to add components for safety and hence had to remove some so as to not increase the price.

This point can be argued but that's the way it is.
Well pointed out! So now it's for the consumer to decide, what would they rather enjoy - a touch screen in a weak (unstable shell) car or all their limbs, if they get into a crash.

Given that it's a 'vehicle' - the purpose of which is to commute from A to B, often at high speeds - and it's not a theatre, the purpose of which is to offer a rich viewing experience, my vote goes for more safety.

Well done Tata! Take a bow. Proud moment indeed. Wish this reflects accordingly in their sales figures. If this is the Nexon, the Harrier will definitely have a similar result.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 17:40   #38
BHPian

Congratulations to Tata! You are an inspirational story, the true come back kid on the block! Gone are the days of mundane taxis and grey plastics. I just hope the air of the newfound superiority does not affect your pricing and attitude..stay humble!
lemedico is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 17:56   #39
BHPian

Kudos to Tata! I hope they add 4 more airbags and knock the ball out of the park. If I am not wrong, it will further enhance the score; especially for the rear passengers.
Neeraj1903 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 18:00   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
Nexon becomes the first Indian car to score 5 star rating in GNCAP crash testing.

This is indeed a proud and monumental moment in the Indian auto industry. The car is a well deserved success. Having driven the Nexon, all I can say it is a very solid package, delivering on all fronts but little to nill flaws. The 5 star GNCAP rating is only the cherry on top of the cake.

Last edited by theMAG : 8th December 2018 at 20:08. Reason: Trimming quoted content for readability.
karthick_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 18:01   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Updated list of GNCAP star ratings for cars sold in India.

Tata Nexon: Global NCAP’s first 5-Star Indian car-ne.jpg

This is a huge landmark for car safety in India - GNCAP Gen. Sec.

Tata Nexon: Global NCAP’s first 5-Star Indian car-dtzbfcxgaax5bb.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th December 2018 at 18:07.
volkman10 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 18:27   #42
BHPian

Re: Global NCAP secretary general expects first 5-Star rated car from India before year end

Wow!!!

That's an astounding achievement by TATA Motors. They had made some serious strides in the recent past in terms of quality and design but this has taken it to a new level.

Now TATA cars not only look & feel good, they are safe too

They need to advertise the rating on every Nexon that's churned out of the production floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
one of the reasons for the features deletion was to get the Nexon to 5 star certification. So the loss of minor features was at the cost of safety. They had to add components for safety and hence had to remove some so as to not increase the price.
If this is the case I wouldn't mind losing few features

The negative threads like features deletion and Duralloy thread attracted a lot of attention and I'm hoping to see much more attention to this thread.

This indeed is a great moment of pride for the Indian automobile industry.

Kudos to TATA Motors

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 7th December 2018 at 18:29.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 19:37   #43
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
Nexon becomes the first Indian car to score 5 star rating in GNCAP crash testing.
Great.

Finally we have our own 5 star rated car. Hope this news makes it the banner on the Home Page.

Last edited by theMAG : 8th December 2018 at 20:09. Reason: Trimming quoted content for readability.
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 20:09   #44
Senior - BHPian

I think this thread should go to Team-BHP home page. Hope Mods will do it soon.

Nexon getting first 5* rating for car from India was unexpected. I was expecting it to be Harrier or KIA's new SUV. Proud to be a Tata Motors share holder (even though I am at significant loss comparing to my initial investment).
Latheesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 20:25   #45
BHPian

Very proud to see Tata's commitment towards safety and especially the Nexon since it is one car which helped Tata to turn a lot of negatives to positives. Nexon to me is Tata's game changer and I believe it battles even more to push safety in every Indian's mind. Hope Tata makes its entire lineup as safe as Nexon and stands tall.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks