Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2019, 01:14   #16
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata's brilliant safety ad - Don't ask about the FE, ask about the safety!

Superb advt. Superb initiative.

Hope a shorter version of this is run of TV.

If you think about it channels should give the advt. a discount as there is also a big public safety message within this private enterprise advertisement.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2019, 16:40   #17
BHPian

I am very excited that my first post in the forum is in a thread which discuses about the revolutionary idea of safety consciousness evolving in our market.
Tata has done a commendable job by building the safest Indian car ever and its pretty evident that all cars in their line up is built strong. I sincerely hope that the days will come, where crash safety is given the utmost importance than any other feature in the vehicle.
albertprince is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th January 2019, 19:03   #18
Team-BHP Support

Now Mahindra comes up with an ad highlighting the 'first in class' safety features of XUV 3OO -

Way to go TATA and Mahindra! Make safety a differentiator!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 27th January 2019, 20:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
In India, it boils down to defensive driving, staying alert, divine providence, better safe than sorry, better late than never and of course sheer luck!
Isn't getting a car with higher crash safety rating one way to address the better safe than sorry angle?
StarrySky is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2019, 22:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

Finally, at least we have a start to educating prospective consumers on safety. Well done TATA.

I have advocated in some previous posts that a crash test rating is stuck on to the windshield of every display car. If not anything, it at least becomes a discussion point at purchase time.

Slowly but surely this will be in the mind of every consumer and the manufacturers will have to play the ball.

If white goods have to compulsively display their power consumption * ratings, why not cars for their safety rating ?

It is high time people start choosing their lives over a touch screen with navigation.

Rest assured seat belts, safe and defensive driving needs to be propagated as well.

You could crumple in a Nano and so too in an S Class.

Tata has now set a bench mark for itself and anything less than 5* would not be acceptable in the future.

Can I hazard a guess that the Harrier will also have a 5* rating ?
Arjun Reddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th January 2019, 17:18   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Superb ad & timing - a good jab straight on Maruti's jaw. Well done, Tata. Only thing I didn't like is the text at the end which says "India's Safest Car". I know Tata meant the safest car that was designed in India, but to mostly everyone (and me too, initially), it came across as the "safest car in India" which it certainly isn't.

Tata's brilliant safety ad - Don't ask about the FE, ask about the safety!-capture.jpg
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 28th January 2019, 17:47   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Superb ad & timing - a good jab straight on Maruti's jaw. Well done, Tata. Only thing I didn't like is the text at the end which says "India's Safest Car". I know Tata meant the safest car that was designed in India, but to mostly everyone (and me too, initially), it came across as the "safest car in India" which it certainly isn't.

Attachment 1842652
I have a feeling that, that may have been done intentionally!

That got me too, and certainly seems to have been added to grab attention.

Whatever the matter, top marks to TATA for this initiative!

Last edited by Turrrb0 : 28th January 2019 at 17:58.
Turrrb0 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 17:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
l]The point of a safe car is that assuming all other parameters are constant, how likely is it that you walk out of a crash?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Isn't getting a car with higher crash safety rating one way to address the better safe than sorry angle?
There are no constants only variables when on the road. for eg if the sensors aren't triggered and if the airbags don't deploy; even if the car has a 5* NCAP rating it may not help.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...rders-fir.html (Mercedes S-Class Accident : Owner dead, Airbag doesn't activate and Court orders FIR)

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/57700872.cms

Last edited by Durango Dude : 29th January 2019 at 17:39.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 17:25   #24
BHPian

I admire Tata Motors for what they have done to the Indian automobile industry over the past decades. This is a company which has done so many First's here. Some were hits and some were not, but designing and manufacturing first 5 star NCAP car by an Indian manufacturer is no less feat. They should use it as a tool not just to sell Nexons but to educate the car buying public in general about vehicle safety.
RoadSurfer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 18:41   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
There are no constants only variables when on the road. for eg if the sensors aren't triggered and if the airbags don't deploy; even if the car has a 5* NCAP rating it may not help.
A five star rated car does not make anyone immortal. There are people who survived in a crash even in an Alto, there is one engineering college owner in Kerala who lost his life in a Range Rover Evogue crash. A product in real life is never used only in the way it is designed to be used like using mobile phones while charging. Tall raised buildings are now designed to withstand earthquakes based on the inputs derived through different researches, but it will not guarantee protection from landslides in that specific site. So does that make the earthquake protection investment useless. So considering all the variables on the road a five star rated car is always better provided 'your expiry date has not reached'. Life is the most precious resource in this world, so any minor or major life saving innovations need to be appreciated.

Note : People take medical insurance not to get admitted in hospitals, but to be on the safer side when need arises.
pavi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 19:06   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Only thing I didn't like is the text at the end which says "India's Safest Car"
Are all the variants of the Nexon equally safe or is it just the top end variant? There are many cars which provide good safety features but usually reserved for the top end variants having the highest price tag. So people with tighter budgets go for the mid or lower variants that are not that safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadSurfer View Post
They should use it as a tool not just to sell Nexons but to educate the car buying public in general about vehicle safety.
That's exactly what they're doing, trying to sell more Nexons! There's a line of dialogue in there saying "Family wali feeling" which targets Ford as well as the EcoSport is one of Nexon's competitors!
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2019, 09:53   #27
BHPian

Re: About time too !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
The same stands true for bikes . ABS, dual channel ought to be mandatory for any two wheeler. Even commercial vehicles should get ABS as a madatory requirement.
Well said & government is already working on it. Please see the link. They have started it from buses & will spread into LCV category first & later HCV
https://auto.economictimes.indiatime...buses/57216389
speedguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2019, 10:38   #28
BHPian

Based on my observations, many of the car owners that I know made their car buying decisions not based on mileage but based on after-sales-service. Maruti has successfully created that impression about their after sales service, while TATA continues to score low in that aspect. Their cars have niggles right from first batch (which Maruti does not) and their after-sales service is below par as well. Please note that I have bought TATA cars twice and burnt my fingers on their product and service on both occasions.

While TATA is doing a great job in trying to provide safest cars, that cannot be the criteria to bring in more customers. They need to convince people about their after-sales service.
gopalnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2019, 10:45   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Are all the variants of the Nexon equally safe or is it just the top end variant? There are many cars which provide good safety features but usually reserved for the top end variants having the highest price tag. So people with tighter budgets go for the mid or lower variants that are not that safe.
Firstly, having safety features alone wont translate into a safer car. For any car to be safe, it has to have a proper structural rigidity in the first place.

And to your question,Yes, all the variants of Nexon are equally safe, as it has the best structural integrity of all Indian engineered cars and is equipped with Dual Airbags, ABS with EBD across all variants.
Car Architect is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 18:33   #30
BANNED

Creativity at its best, I always used to appreciate Durex for their quirky ads and the creativity they put into the content. And now what, it's the Tata motors who took the same to the auto world

VKumar is offline   (16) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks