Team-BHP - Tata's brilliant safety ad - Don't ask about the FE, ask about the safety!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Tata's brilliant safety ad - Don't ask about the FE, ask about the safety! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/205962-tatas-brilliant-safety-ad-dont-ask-about-fe-ask-about-safety.html)

Don't ask Kitna Deti Hai : Ask Kitni Safe Hai
https://youtu.be/qed632qQoQU

Just came across a new video talking about crash safety over WhatsApp and Googled.

Found it here :

https://twitter.com/i/status/1088625300315852800

https://www.facebook.com/TataMotorsG...0062416361118/

Kitna deti hai ? No !

Kitni safe hai ? Yes !

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift

Quote:

Originally Posted by FourWheelDrift (Post 4533727)
Just came across a new video talking about crash safety over WhatsApp and Googled...

FourWheelDrift

Nice video. But they should play it more on TV, put up articles in local and national news-papers as a vast majority of car buying public(in India) doesn't use twitter. We know its still sometime before our market warms up to the 'Safe car' idea over 'Kitna deti hai' ideology but the shift has started for sure. :thumbs up

TATA has done great in making the NEXON what it is today, and they should leave no stone unturned in order to promote the 5 star crash test results. Even 10% more people getting aware would be a victory of sorts to start with clap:

I haven't seen the video but this looks interesting. The 'Kitna Deti Hai' jargon has ruled us for years and now its time to question that.

Tata has done a commendable job with the Nexon and i think people have started to acknowledge that. Now they are riding on the safety wave and they should step up their efforts in the main stream media so that people notice them. This will surely help Nexon maintain its monthly numbers amongst growing competition in the segment.

Here's the YouTube link of the same ad.

https://youtu.be/qed632qQoQU

But at the end of the day, no vehicle can save our life if it is driven irresponsibly. First people have to think about the way they drive on our roads. Crash test result is just one of the criteria that people have to consider before deciding on their car. Yes, may be it is the most important criteria that has to be considered when compared to others. The only problem here is that the criteria which has to be considered by the people can not be dictated or fixed.

Quote:

Kitna deti hai ?

Masses want affordability and when they can't relate to the fact that things like airbags, abs and seatbelt are needed in a car, I really doubt they will be able to make sense of what a 5-star crash rating is.

This needs to be in mass media (digital, video, print, radio) if we really want the masses to start thinking around the idea of car build, safety features and crash test ratings.

Most of my relatives in tier-2 cities think seatbelt is a nuisance and things like airbags is just a marketing gimmick. Yes, there are those also who have come out of a near-fatal accident just because of airbags and while they still limp as on this day, they never forget to buckle up and thank the car that saved their life (This was one of my maternal uncle's friend who's Octavia saved him from a head-on crash while his knee got injured severely).
Quote:

Kitni safe hai ?

The working class relates to this the most but then even on team-bhp, how many of us have put in 'safety' as one of the priority when shortlisting a car. I remember when my sister returned from the states after 6 years I posted here asking about the safest cars available. However, when I was buying my first ever Swift Ldi, safety wasn't anywhere in the radar.

All things said, I really doubt if masses would ever reject an unsafe car over a safe car, look at most of the Maruti hatchbacks, Go, Kwid, they sell like hotcakes and its definitely not because of safety.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fine69 (Post 4533771)
All things said, I really doubt if masses would ever reject an unsafe car over a safe car, look at most of the Maruti hatchbacks, Go, Kwid, they sell like hotcakes and its definitely not because of safety.

Absolutely right, masses will never ditch an unsafe car just because it is unsafe, but, things like these force people to at least talk about safe cars. I have seen this first hand.

Being a Nexon owner, i have had people from my family coming up to me and saying "are ye to wo hi India ki safest car hai na?, sahi hai". Trust me, i have heard similar things from at least 5 people in my family / friends who don't even understand automobiles. The way they put across their thoughts indicate that they are quite open to the idea of a safe car even if that means compromising a couple of km's to a litre.

As long as our families opt to commute by two wheeler en masse, whether it be mom, pop plus one tot or with more tots astride the motorcycle, we have a low bar for safety to start with. This is the very sight which spurred Ratan Tata to design a car for the masses so that relatively speaking, our families can commute in safety. The Nano's failure happened for other reasons and one mustn't go astray...

How many Indians can afford to buy a car now? How do they commute? Are our pedestrians safe?

This ad caters to the 2% of Indians who can buy a car. If they can, they would buy such safer vehicles. To the rest, this ad wouldn't ring a bell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samaspire (Post 4533765)
Here's the YouTube link of the same ad.

Good video, and effort from TATA Motors. clap: Thanks for sharing.

As Anand Mahindra had tweeted - they are planning to respond with a 5 star car as well. TATA has truly raised the bar this time and if more manufacturers join in (MG is another brand that has declared that they will try for 5 star safety) - brands like Maruti and Hyundai will be forced to respond with safe choices of their own.

What a brilliant, hard hitting ad! This is a question we should've been asking long ago; but better late than never. I really hope this pushes the envelope and other car manufacturers start to put more focus on safety than on frivolous upgrades.

I am so happy to see TATA Motors make all the right moves in the past few years - from brilliant cars to focus on things that actually matter. I wouldn't bat an eyelid if I were buying a car now. I know it would be a Tata.

A much needed initiative. Good job by TaMo in putting the focus where it matters. As SoumenD mentioned, it needs to be propagated apart from Twitter which not all follow.

Br,
Abhishek

About time somebody asked this question ! Even if it is Tata & they seem to be Tom-tomming the virtues of their own car, it is indubitably a huge achievement. It's not only about fuel economy (and Tata's not doing too poorly on that front as well), or the so called 'features'.

Tata's brilliant safety ad - Don't ask about the FE, ask about the safety!-baleno_back.jpg

I have always held this belief that safety should come first, always and every time, and that's what I advise everyone going in for a car. Structural safety, airbags, well designed crumple zones, use of better steel, ABS, EBD, ESP, rollover mitigation and everything else that goes into making a car safer should not be seen as add on features by customers.

Tata's brilliant safety ad - Don't ask about the FE, ask about the safety!-marutibalenocrashesfourdeadtwoseriouslyinjured.jpg

In the end, they are what will decide whether you & other occupants of your car will live or die in a potentially catastrophic situation. In the order of priority, it is high time car buyers placed safety right up there (or higher) with fuel economy and features .
Tata's brilliant safety ad - Don't ask about the FE, ask about the safety!-tatanexoncrashupsidedown1516790388.jpg

The same stands true for bikes . ABS, dual channel ought to be mandatory for any two wheeler. Even commercial vehicles should get ABS as a madatory requirement.

Tata's brilliant safety ad - Don't ask about the FE, ask about the safety!-img_0115min.jpg

Cheers !

(Pictures courtesy : www.drivespark.com, www.team-bhp.com, www.cartrade.com)

Brilliant ad indeed, let's also not forget that Princess Di died in an S Class and Paul Walker died in a Porsche. In India, it boils down to defensive driving, staying alert, divine providence, better safe than sorry, better late than never and of course sheer luck!

Lovely initiative by Tata Motors!! Taking Maruti's 'Kitna Deti Hai' campaign of yesteryears head on - and having the 5 Star Nexon to back it up! Just love the direction Tata Motors has been travelling in the past 4-5 years.

https://youtu.be/y0IKkoIfR1g

https://youtu.be/tzW7Sxzkr1Y

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durango Dude (Post 4533914)
Brilliant ad indeed, let's also not forget that Princess Di died in an S Class and Paul Walker died in a Porsche. In India, it boils down to defensive driving, staying alert, divine providence, better safe than sorry, better late than never and of course sheer luck!

The point of a safe car is that assuming all other parameters are constant, how likely is it that you walk out of a crash?!