Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2019, 17:04   #106
BANNED

It is expected that the bikers family has made you a respondent in the MACT claim. This is just to ensure that all parties are involved. You need to read the claim and check if any claim is made against you. Since you have a third party cover, you need not worry even if a claim is made against you. Third party claim coverage includes your legal costs. Yes - you read that right. So, you can simply ask your insurance company to appoint a lawyer for you in the MACT court. No, you can't appoint your lawyer and then ask them to foot the bill. Also, insurance does not cover costs of criminal proceedings.

Hope you started driving.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 17:37   #107
BHPian

Re: Survivor's tale: Honda City jumps divider and flies into my Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amity View Post
There is a Hyundai India Quality Centre in Faridabad and I have been trying to get it checked from the centre as to the quality of work done by Service Centre. Any help on this front will be appreciated.
A second life indeed.
Looking at the damaged car, it is very difficult to imagine the survivors!

After the extent of the damages evident from the pictures, it is almost impossible to get even close to OEM safety and quality. Therefore, the least you can do is involve Hyundai Motor in the loop and get the repaired vehicle checked for the following -
  1. Water Shower test for leakage.
  2. Rust prevention. For this, you would have to settle with a 'written guarantee' as there is no way to confirm without a destructive test.
  3. Dynamic Road test to ensure Body Stiffness & NVH has not deteriorated by an alarming amount. It is a subjective test and not reliable. However, a major flaw would be detected, if any.
  4. Actual Torque check sheet against the design, for tightening torque of critical bolts - primarily seat belts. I don't think there are other critical bolted parts in the damaged area except the seat belts. But do enquire about it.

All these points are based on my experience as a Body Engineer.

I am glad that the other points related to fit and finish are being resolved by the dealer.

Keep us posted on the proceedings.
Wish you luck.

Last edited by Ashir : 23rd July 2019 at 17:41. Reason: spellings
Ashir is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 13:57   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Not doubting your narration but one portion is unclear to me. I have been through this road few times. I understand you are driving towards Gurgaon and your side of the road is at lower level. After you were injured and unconscious you said your car crossed the median on to the other side. I just am not sure how this is possible. Did I misunderstand something?
The accident happened somewhere between Regional Centre for Biotechnology and Pali Police Post. The road is not continuously at a lower level and most of the time, both sides of road are at same level. We were just completing the upward slope of road when the Honda City struck and then, we crossed the median.
Old 26th July 2019, 16:01   #109
BHPian

8 posts and 280 thanks. Wow! i thought you would have posted some real interesting stuff that got you 280 likes in just 8 posts hence thought of checking what you posted and what i read was absolutely staggering. Glad that you are safe after your car has got completely wrecked. At the same time, hats off to your wife as well.

I too have been on Faridabad-Gurugram stretch many a times and i know how precarious it is at night time especially when you get onto that single road after paying the toll with people drive on high beams and drive like maniacs on that road even on blind spots. Hell! I am seeing Honda city's pic which seems to have incurred less loss than your Creta has. Any observations?

Also, my observation is that people owning HR-51 cars are born crazy drivers. No offence to you.

Last edited by NAVREVV : 26th July 2019 at 16:14.
NAVREVV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 17:35   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
Also, my observation is that people owning HR-51 cars are born crazy drivers. No offence to you.
I agree. That stretch is a nightmare due to the crazy drivers, mostly HR51 and HR29 (Faridabad and Ballabgarh). Had posted a similar remark earlier on in the thread too. I'm using that road a lot less these days even though it is the quickest route for me from Golf Course Road, Gurgaon to GK2 in rush hour.
Old 26th July 2019, 17:51   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
8 posts and 280 thanks. Wow! i thought you would have posted some real interesting stuff that got you 280 likes in just 8 posts hence thought of checking what you posted and what i read was absolutely staggering.
Totally staggering. And amazingly well written. Luckily, not many of us have such an opportunity

By the way, the car, post-repair, looks great! Here's hoping that that goes more than skin deep.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks