Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2019, 11:19   #1
Senior - BHPian

Steelbird SB-51 Rally Helmets launched in India

Steelbird has launched its SB-51 Rally helmets in India. These helmets can be used for car rallies and motocross events.

Steelbird SB-51 Rally Helmets launched in India-sb51-rally-black-clear-visor.jpg

The SB-51 Rally helmets are designed in Italy as a substitute for expensive rally helmets. They feature an extended mouthguard that houses the microphone of the Bluetooth device. The mouthguard also protects the microphone from wind blast. The helmets have replaceable padding and provision to mount speakers of the Bluetooth device.

Name:  SB51 Rally Mat Axis Grey with clear visor.png
Views: 3094
Size:  482.4 KB

The Steelbird SB-51 helmets are available in a wide range of colour options in matte and glossy finish. These include Battle Green, Hot Pink, Midnight Black, Desert Storm, Maroon, Moon Yellow and Royal Brown. The helmets are also offered in a carbon fiber surface finish in red, white and black colour.

Steelbird SB-51 Rally Helmets launched in India-sb51-rally-mat-black-clear-visor.jpg

Steelbird SB-51 Rally Helmets launched in India-sb51-rally-mat-green-smoky-visor.jpg

Steelbird SB-51 Rally Helmets launched in India-sb51-rally-mat-h-grey-clear-visor.jpg

Steelbird SB-51 Rally Helmets launched in India-sb51-rally-mat-maroon-clear-visor.jpg

Steelbird SB-51 Rally Helmets launched in India-sb51-rally-mat-moon-yellow-clear-visor.jpg

Steelbird SB-51 Rally Helmets launched in India-sb51-rally-mat-silver-clear-visor.jpg

Steelbird SB-51 Rally Helmets launched in India-sb51-rally-mat-white-smoky-visor.jpg

Steelbird SB-51 Rally Helmets launched in India-sb51-rally-mat-y-blue-clear-visor.jpg

Steelbird SB-51 Rally Helmets launched in India-sb51-rally-red-clear-visor.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 13:08   #2
BHPian

Re: Steelbird SB-51 Rally Helmets launched in India

Doesn't look that great frankly but in terms of utility and cost effectiveness may work out good. Would love to see a comparison between these and the ones normally used. I use a Steelbird helmet myself for my daily commute and it works great.

While choosing one I tried out various models, the imported ones were too bulky for my head size and not a perfect fit. Finalized on an SB 1 Air helmet and it is certainly one of the best indian helmets for the price paid.
sandx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 19:25   #3
BHPian

It seems if you overtake, others think you are wearing full face and if someone overtakes you they'll think it's half face!!

Anyways on a serious note, what's the round hole visible in the rear view of the brown helmet (the one above yellow one)? Considering design, doesn't look to be air vent.

Thanks.
pradipk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 19:33   #4
Senior - BHPian

Finally I can wear a full face helmet and eat an ice-cream at the same time!

J/K, but a curious design. A sunvisor on a helmet adds a great deal of comfort, so good to see it on this helmet. Would appreciate if someone has any real life review on this.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2019, 14:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradipk View Post
Anyways on a serious note, what's the round hole visible in the rear view of the brown helmet (the one above yellow one)? Considering design, doesn't look to be air vent.
Looks like a hole for a wire/cable to pass through. Looks similar to the ones found on bags to have your headphone wire.
Old 26th May 2019, 13:25   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandx View Post
. I use a Steelbird helmet myself for my daily commute and it works great. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradipk View Post
It seems if you overtake, others think you are wearing full face and if someone overtakes you they'll think it's half face!!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Finally I can wear a full face helmet and eat an ice-cream at the same time!.
I hope you guys read that this is a rally helmet for cars and not a riding helmet. With that half chin guard, if you ever used it to ride a bike and fell forward, it will break your nose and probably take some teeth as well. This is meant to be worn in cars during special events which protects the head in case there's excessive movement of the head and prevent injuries due to to coming in contact with the side pillar, roll cage etc.
Old 26th May 2019, 15:26   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I hope you guys read that this is a rally helmet for cars and not a riding helmet. With that half chin guard, if you ever used it to ride a bike and fell forward, it will break your nose and probably take some teeth as well. This is meant to be worn in cars during special events which protects the head in case there's excessive movement of the head and prevent injuries due to to coming in contact with the side pillar, roll cage etc.
Yes, I read the description. However, this sits halfway between full face and half face helmets, and offers increased protection with mostly half face portability, hence the jokes
Old 26th May 2019, 15:32   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I hope you guys read that this is a rally helmet for cars and not a riding helmet. With that half chin guard, if you ever used it to ride a bike and fell forward, it will break your nose and probably take some teeth as well.
Am very much aware what a rally helmet is. Was just indicating that steelbird makes good helmets. Not sure where it came out that way in my post that this is a riding helmet.
sandx is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks