Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2019, 10:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

MG ZS EV scores 5 stars in Euro NCAP crash test

The MG ZS EV has received 5 stars in crash tests conducted by Euro NCAP. It was awarded 34.5 points for adult occupant safety and 41.7 points for child occupant safety.

MG ZS EV scores 5 stars in Euro NCAP crash test-mgzseveuroncap5star.jpg

The car offered good protection of the knees and femurs of both the driver and passenger in the frontal offset test. In the full-width rigid barrier test, protection of the driver was good, while chest protection for rear passenger was found to be weak. Protection to other parts of the body of the rear passenger was found to be good or adequate. In the side barrier impact test, all critical body areas were well protected. In the side pole test, protection of the chest was rated as weak, while that of other body areas was good.

In the frontal offset test, protection of both child occupants was good or adequate. Protection for the neck of the 10 year dummy was found to be marginal. In the side barrier test, protection of all critical body areas was good for both 6 and 10 year dummies.

The test car was equipped with a dual front airbags, side head airbag, side chest airbag and side pelvis airbag, ISOFIX, seat belt reminder and pretensioner. The car also had safety systems like AEB Pedestrian, AEB Cyclist, AEB City, AEB Inter-Urban, Speed Assistance System and Lane Assist System.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 08:25   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: MG ZS EV scores 5 stars in Euro NCAP crash test

Have the Chinese arrived? I surely think so. Congratulations to MG Motor. Sure, the Chinese are relatively new to the car-making scene, but they are learning the trade very fast. In a decade or so, I expect at least 2 - 3 Chinese car makers to match the best products from Japan & Korea.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 10:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: MG ZS EV scores 5 stars in Euro NCAP crash test

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Have the Chinese arrived? I surely think so. Congratulations to MG Motor. Sure, the Chinese are relatively new to the car-making scene, but they are learning the trade very fast. In a decade or so, I expect at least 2 - 3 Chinese car makers to match the best products from Japan & Korea.
Cash & lithium rich Chinese are already there making big splashes in EV scene. The NCAP results were only a matter of time as they are more disciplined in life & their processes as compared to Indians (who have inherited British legacy & businesses are less competitive due to same reasons).

I'm sure Chinese & Koreans will soon dominate the technology scene, despite the berating by us & all.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2019, 10:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

MZ ZS EV vs ZS Fozzil Crash Test

A brief breakdown between the crash test results of the Fozzil and EV varaints of the MG ZS.

Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks