Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2020, 15:54   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz

The backrest of the child seat for the 3-year-old child dummy (installed forward-facing with Isofix anchorages) unlatched during the crash and the dummy’s head made contact with the interior; this led to a deduction of points.

The above statement is from the news in autocar india.
Does it mean that fixing the child seat using seat belt will safer than doing with isofix. ?
NICHE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 15:58   #17
BHPian

Mixed feelings really, the premium hatchback from TATA will be the safest in the segment but will miss out on Automatic transmission on launch. Excellent engineering but mediocre product management.
Mr.Beat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 16:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Altroz gets a 5-star rating in the Global NCAP!

Amazing job! Why, oh why, did they fail to launch it with six or more airbags?
McLaren Rulez is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 16:12   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICHE View Post
The backrest of the child seat for the 3-year-old child dummy (installed forward-facing with Isofix anchorages) unlatched during the crash and the dummy’s head made contact with the interior; this led to a deduction of points.
The above statement is from the news in autocar india.
Does it mean that fixing the child seat using seat belt will safer than doing with isofix. ?
I'd say the child seat used wasn't much good. It broke. The child restraint system for such tests is specified by the car maker. Perhaps Tata should have used a different vendor I wonder.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 16:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Well done Tata for staying with your ethos. There was an easier route to take as the market leader has proven, where cost and material saving is the route to success. Kudos for sticking to your convictions. Slowly and steadily the country is taking a liking to safer cars, the reputation will reap rewards in the long run.
shortbread is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 16:19   #21
BHPian

Great job by Tata!!!
I hope every manufacturer releasing cars in India learns from this. But all this will ot be worth it if we the indian consumers don't make this a successful product.

There is one thing I noticed in the video though. If you look closely at the driver dummy it hits its head on the B-pillar.
Wouldn't Such an impact lead to serious head injury?
Was this not considered when giving the score.

I feel that a curtain airbag would have certainly prevented the head from flopping in that direction and hitting the B-pillar
ZenMaster is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 16:20   #22
BHPian

Wow, great news on safety front. This alone can make Altroz hold good against primary rival Baleno. Tatas are really giving it everything on the safety front. Hope it won't go wasted addressing a crowd currently obsessed mostly with fancy features.

Last edited by CoolFire : 15th January 2020 at 16:23.
Old 15th January 2020, 16:27   #23
BANNED

Kudos to Tata for churning out 5-star rated cars and not compromising where it matters while the competitors are cutting corners to give out those extra features which the customers are falling for.

Have seen people nitpicking Tata, have seen people talking about missing features in Tata, but yet to see people who can say it on Maruti/Hyundai threads "hey look at this Maruti it got 1-star lesser than that Tata".
wheelguy is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 16:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Good job TML. The 5-star ratings are now becoming business as usual for Tata Motors. I am sure both the Harrier twins will also fare great. Accelerate this star rating process for all new models so that people will stop searching the safety star ratings for Tata cars. 'If it is a Tata, it would be five star rated' should be imprinted in everyone's mind. Just like how people talk about mileage and Suzuki. An emotional advertisement campaign built around the two five star rated cars will go a long way in asserting this safety supremacy.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 15th January 2020 at 16:33.
padmrajravi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 16:31   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Oh my god, proud of you Tata . Might not be the leader in sales, but is certainly the leader in safety.

I think there is only one way to teach Maruti a safety lesson. Have the Maruti CEO & Tata CEO crash head-on into each other in a Baleno & Altroz. Now that ought to drive the message home, what say?

We can of course replace the Maruti CEO with RC Bhargava if needed - related thread.

After all, if the "owner of the restaurant doesn't eat here", who else will?
GTO is offline   (136) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 16:31   #26
BHPian

I think this deserves a new thread, in the same way many other cars like the nexon, Etios etc. which passed the test with flying colours, also received.
I couldn't be happier for Tata right now. Many expressed concerns about the lighter platform marking a turning point for Tata from tough built cars and Tata have rightfully proven them wrong with this result.
Take a bow, Tata, take a bow. Much respects.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 16th January 2020 at 02:38. Reason: Post edited as the quoted message has been deleted. Thanks.
SaiSW is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 16:31   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Thread title: "Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz".

What is a 'premium hatchback'?

By definition, premium goods are of a higher than usual quality and are often expensive.

In that context what is premium in the Altroz?
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...obal-ncap.html

Well done TATA! Higher than usual safety. Now that's premium.

I sincerely hope the overall product is good and the car sells well.
kiku007 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 16:35   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata should have the Harrier crash tested for another expected 5star rating, and follow it up with an advertising campaign as ‘India’s safest cars’. Pretty much on the lines of MSIL’s ‘India’s most fuel efficient cars’. The message needs to be drummed home nice and properly. Glad to have an Indian brand showing the Japs and the Koreans how it is done.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 16:38   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
You are extrapolating more than is necessary, and it is true that some have reservations about Tata products ( i certainly don't,btw ), it is their opinion and they have the right to express it in the same way he had the right to express his opinion about the bias against ( read -'reservations' ) the altroz.
Who was talking about reservations against the product? Please go ahead and read the initial posts again.

They were members talking about what USP Altroz brings to the table that it's competitors don't even before I became a member. I don't see anything wrong in asking that question.

You are right that members have the right to ask questions and others would have the right to accuse them of being biased against TATA. But please let us use our God given intelligence while making these accusations. Nobody could have looked into the future and got to know that Altroz would be a 5 star GNCAP product.
Old 15th January 2020, 16:39   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

The current engines offered in the Altroz should anyway have kept the drivers, passengers safe. But yea the GLOBAL NCAP is the added feather in the cap for the Altroz's safety kit
karan561 is offline   (24) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks