Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2020, 03:06   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Altroz gets a 5-star rating in the Global NCAP!

Tata is just not resting on its laurels, but actually improving their safety record with every car. Gone are the Sumo/Nano/Indica days. Safety is not a first world thing, every single human- driver or pedestrian requires a safe automobile.

I do hope other manufacturers take the cue and make safer cars. Even regulation compliant didn't get 5 stars.
landcruiser123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 06:56   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar;4731997
[url
https://m.economictimes.com/tata-motors-volkswagen-alliance-runs-into-rough-weather/amp_articleshow/59355298.cms[/url]
Yes remember noticing this sometime back. I was thinking then that they could've used this for the new Polo since maybe the international platform is too costly to bring to indian shores.
Or maybe use the ALFA for a smaller car that slots below the Polo, in the segment of tiago, i10, swift etc. what VW needs is volumes. Hope they reconsider.
Both companies can only benefit from a partnership, i cant think of any demerits out of one.
Old 16th January 2020, 07:16   #78
BHPian

Oh, what great news! So nice to see this proactive approach. This is what Maruti should do. The entry level cars which the majority buy should be safe, that way the majority are safe.

Tata salesmen might not tuck their shirts in properly or polish their shoes. Might not speak good English or have proper knowledge about the product.

The service centers might not have sofas to sit or even an a/c but Tata makes the best cars in India. My Hexa has been super reliable, so I can say they make safe, reliable cars at an affordable price. Proud Tata owner here!
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 07:24   #79
BHPian

Tata has delivered as per the wish of most of the BHPians. Today's TOI front page.
Tata Altroz gets a 5-star rating in the Global NCAP!-20200116_072049.jpg
Now please deliver a niggle free product(at launch) and a fuss free ownership experience and Altroz is bound to rock the sales charts.
itsmb is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 07:57   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
I'm not asking this question because it is TATA - but is it not possible for a manufacturer to build one piece of a car just for these tests? This particular car is not on the road yet for NCAP to buy a random piece from the market.
This is where the ethics of the company are put to test. And we have seen other bad examples from other companies, all over the world.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 16th January 2020 at 07:58.
fhdowntheline is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 08:24   #81
BHPian

Re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz

The attention on safety should be now on Baleno/Glanza, the market leader by a huge margin. I don't know what prevents NCAP from testing the Indian spec Baleno. Maruti will be praying hard (or doing something else which we are not aware of) to stop that one test anytime soon.

Sure, the European spec got 3 stars (4 stars with additional safety kit not present here), but we all know it is much better built compared to the one we get here, though both are made in India. They even tried to hoodwink by getting media to report " made in India Baleno gets 4 stars" when the Euro spec one was tested in 2016
CoolFire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 08:45   #82
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic to see home grown vehicles excel in one of the least -prioritized aspects in the Indian market - i.e. safety. Tata Motors has indeed come a long way since the days of the rattly and noisy Indicas. Today's Tatas are actually desirable vehicles, and few of us would have ever imagined ourselves saying this. Many of their recent launches, be it the Tiago, Harrier and now the Altroz have been lookers as well (sorry, cant say the same about the Nexon ).

Now all that the Altroz needs is an exciting engine, and am hoping against hope that the JTP version does indeed see the light of day.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 08:46   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz scores a 5 Star rating in Global NCAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I think there is only one way to teach Maruti a safety lesson. Have the Maruti CEO & Tata CEO crash head-on into each other in a Baleno & Altroz. Now that ought to drive the message home, what say?

We can of course replace the Maruti CEO with RC Bhargava if needed - related thread.

After all, if the "owner of the restaurant doesn't eat here", who else will?
It'll make for interesting viewing but it won't teach Maruti or the masses any lesson.

A quick browse on the "Accidents in India" thread will give us the priority accorded for road safety in India. The car or bike doesn't matter. People just don't care. A massive shift in attitude and priority is required.

IF and when the masses give higher priority to safety, sales of Maruti will go down and that's the only time Maruti will respond with positive improvements. Until then Maruti won't change their attitude towards safety.

TATA should take this as their watershed moment and work towards making all their future vehicles to be the safest in their respective segments. They have JLR to help them. They badly need an image makeover. The returns will be slow but worth it.
kiku007 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 09:58   #84
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz gets a 5-star rating in the Global NCAP!

Wow! TATA is indeed on a roll. It is very heartening to see an Indian manufacturer beginning to set the standard. Lately most of their cars have been well-built, well designed, offer decent performance and are MOST IMPORTANTLY SAFE! The Service Experience is still Spotty, though it has shown signs of definite improvement.

What Tata needs now is a sustained marketing campaign to drum the message home to the masses. This should take the largest share of their 2020 budget. It would be very sad to see Tata waste this opportunity where they have very good products in almost every consumer segment.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 10:10   #85
BHPian

This is really a "Gold" standard when it comes to safety. Well done TATA.

I would recommend the Altroz any day over the "Premium" Baleno which is based on Heart-attack () platform with poor safety.

TATA Altroz Kitna deti hai? Altroz 5 star deti hai when it comes to safety
searacer932 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 10:42   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

List of NCAP test cars as applicable:

Tata Altroz gets a 5-star rating in the Global NCAP!-11.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 11:02   #87
BHPian

Well done Tata... Hope the product will succeed in India. Altroz will have to fight in already crowded premium hatch market. 5 star NCAP rating will be an excellent talking point for their sales executives.
Swap_Abarth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 11:26   #88
BHPian

It feels really proud to see a homegrown car maker winning accolades on international stages. From SUMO to Altroz, Tata has come a long way.
While Tata cars back in the days were basic and some really terrible, it was cars like Nexon, Harrier, even Tiago, now Altroz that have completely changed the belief I had in Tata cars so much so that I voted for Harrier (I am a Toyota Loyalist) in team bhps polls for car of the year 2019.
I am so proud of you Tata

Last edited by Abhinav V : 16th January 2020 at 11:29.
Abhinav V is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 12:03   #89
BHPian

Great work and Keep going Tata Motors!! Your rigor on Safety and EV will pay off at some point.
Get the Automatic Transmission also available at launch please, to make it a true premium hatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

I think there is only one way to teach Maruti a safety lesson. Have the Maruti CEO & Tata CEO crash head-on into each other in a Baleno & Altroz. Now that ought to drive the message home, what say?

I second that, as these cars are gonna compete against each other in the market.
Its unfortunate that buyers of 'premium hatch' in India still don't bother much on safety! I optimistically wish the trend changes soon.
murajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 12:07   #90
BHPian

Great job Tata !!! Their vehicles surely are becoming the "GOLD" standard when it comes to being safe.
Haven't they upped their game when it comes to passenger safety.
The lawmakers should now ensure that the other brands follow such stringent safety norms even if this means adding some extra bucks to the cost of the vehicle.
In a country like ours, this is indeed a huge statement.
Tata should publicise this on a mass scale.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks