Team-BHP > Road Safety

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2020, 21:20   #106
BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz gets a 5-star rating in the Global NCAP!

As a former Tata customer, this surely makes me proud and the company must go all guns blazing to market this achievement!

Tata can come out with a TVC with a catchy tagline.

Something like this maybe: Customer walks into a Tata showroom checks out the Altroz and after the sales advisor informs him about all the features of the car, he/she asks the obvious question:

Customer: Kitna deti hai? (how much mileage does it deliver)
SA: Accident ho jaaye to jaan bacha leti hai! and thumps the car's bonnet for effect LOL (In case of an accident, it will save your life)

Last edited by captain.torque : 16th January 2020 at 21:25.
captain.torque is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 21:33   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz

David Ward's statement:

Tata Altroz gets a 5-star rating in the Global NCAP!-1.jpg

Now, with those shiny, golden bright 5-stars in tow, does that white Altroz look tempting enough?

Tata Altroz gets a 5-star rating in the Global NCAP!-3.jpg

Tata Altroz gets a 5-star rating in the Global NCAP!-2.jpg

Meanwhile, at the nearest Maruti showroom:

"Saar, we are low on stars but are giving you excellent mileage. This is why we are making zabardast-deti-hai cars with lower stars."
RavenAvi is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 22:07   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

What news! The TATA Altroz has scored 5 stars, which actually puts it ahead of the German VW Polo as well! Secondly, the Polo was tested 2-3 years back, which means it won't be able to score the same crash test rating (4 stars) it did back then, if you consider the fact that crash tests get stringent with time. TATA is leading in terms of safety and its safe to say they are doing so by quite a margin. Proud to be an Indian as a car enthusiast now and its not very often that this happens.

On a related note, I genuinely believe the Altroz should have "India's safest car as tested by Global NCAP" or "India's safest hatchback" sticker on the rear windshield.

If a very famous Indian manufacturer (who has already been bashed enough on and off this thread) had the gal to slap ABS stickers on cars that didn't have crashworthy monocoques, TATA genuinely has the right to brag about this.

Last edited by vishy76 : 16th January 2020 at 22:18.
vishy76 is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 22:42   #109
BHPian

Note sure if this is allowed, but i will try anyway,

Salesman: *slaps roof of the car* this bad boy can save so many lives of those who buy it.
guru_max is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 22:43   #110
BHPian

My next car is definitely going to be a Tata!
Today, Tata cars stand for safety, technology, excellent designs, perfect ride and handling balance and they absolutely deserve to be on top.
This is the only company which is making cars for almost everybody, from a average joe to an enthusiast!
Nazaar25 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 22:49   #111
SR7
BHPian

This is really good and expected. I really wish Tata will go the extra mile and provide a 6 airbag system with maybe ESP in a true top end model and I don’t mind if they charge a reasonable premium for it! We will get top class safety with a safe structure and airbags all around. Tata, if you’re reading this do launch it in the future and I will be among the first ones to buy it! Couple this with an AT and/ or a JTP version and you have many buyers already!

Last edited by SR7 : 16th January 2020 at 22:53.
SR7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 23:42   #112
BHPian

Finally, Tata cars have now come of age with their recent products. Big applause for their bet on safety. Ohh and the wait for a better grill than those of Indicas in all their updated products (recent face-lifts of Tiago , Tigor , Nexon) should pull in more customers. The front looks far more upmarket now.

In management terms , I am just waiting for the day in the Indian auto market, when safety is not an order winner but an order qualifier. And it can only happen when market leader like Maruti does that.

No lesson is learnt until the market gives you a slap. Starting April, after BS6 cutoff date, the market dynamics is predicted to have a major shift once Maruti's market share will fall, then the their management will wide open their eyes on safety and start making slightly better tin cans.
RaghavEvoX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 00:35   #113
OSH
BHPian

2020 has just begun and I have already chosen the car that will get my vote in the '20 TeamBHP COTY poll.

When Tata does something like this for public safety, I, as a BHPian feel that the least I can do to show my appreciation is to help the Altroz become our COTY.

Just a thought, Tata should hashtag some quotes or words and make it trend on twitter, facebook and the likes to let the public know their intention of making 5-star rated cars for India. Maybe something like #TataKiGaadiFiveStarWali.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 17th January 2020 at 09:19. Reason: Typo
OSH is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 00:44   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Secondly, the Polo was tested 2-3 years back, which means it won't be able to score the same crash test rating (4 stars) it did back then, if you consider the fact that crash tests get stringent with time.
The norms have not changed since they were introduced. In fact, the Polo probably would receive a higher score if tested today since back then it did not come with ABS (and this is considered in the final score).

That takes nothing away from Tata's achievement and I would guess that it is indeed the safer of the two but not for the reasons you have mentioned.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 00:51   #115
BHPian

Firstly a Big Shout Out to Tata Motors for back to back 5 star safety feat achievement. When I look back on time we would tell our children that the company that now manufactures JLR, HEXA, NEXON, HARRIER, ALTROZ at a point of time they used to manufacture Indica and Indigo .
But mass market car manufacturers in India should listen to and even if the need arises take help from TATA to make safer cars. Seems that the value of life of an Indian is being kept in mind by TATA first. Kudos to Tata Motors.
sdg4wheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 06:25   #116
Senior - BHPian

There will be enough people on the street who will say, “what will i do with all this airbag business, what matters is what I save at the pump”. We have been way too spoilt by the kitna-deti-hai attitude, which sits well with the traditional Indian thinking of frugality, eschewing of personal comfort and wellbeing-thereby leading to a rigid view against personal safety. Safety is a communal thing, not individual. So you see mothers clutching their kids to their chest tightly, ignoring the seatbelt lying next to them!

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 17th January 2020 at 06:29.
fhdowntheline is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 07:04   #117
BHPian

Wow. Look at the stability and integrity of that body shell. Incredible achievement. I am firmly in the position that Indian car makers make better cars for India. Owned a Manza for 1.25L KMs, XUV for 95k, picked Hexa 4x4 3 months back.
Many might not know that Hyundai is doing poorly on safety. I20 went from 5 to 3* as Hyundai went about cutting back on safety.
5kmiles is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 08:23   #118
BHPian

Tata proudly writing "India's safest car" on their Altroz advertisement in Hindustan Times newspapers.
What a great achievement for a carmaker known for niggles in olden times, to make not one, but two 5 star NCAP cars.

I do think that Harrier could also score 4 or 5 stars in the NCAP test.

Last edited by vb-saan : 17th January 2020 at 11:11. Reason: Use the attach option to upload pictures, not via Google Drive link
Old 17th January 2020, 08:25   #119

This is absolutely the need of the day, for years we have ignored the safety standards. Ask your family and friends about what is the score for their car, and you will be surprised at the ignorance

Congratulations to TATA on taking the lead in this aspect, I wish them more success with their upcoming launches
Old 17th January 2020, 08:55   #120
BHPian

Fantastic news! Relieved to see Tata make some safe cars finally!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed