Team-BHP - Mahindra XUV300 gets a 5-star rating in the Global NCAP
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Mahindra XUV300 gets a 5-star rating in the Global NCAP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/218152-mahindra-xuv300-gets-5-star-rating-global-ncap.html)

XUV 300 gets 5 stars safety rating and highest combined score. clap:.
https://youtu.be/wKDJiU2b7Mc

Mahindra XUV300 gets a 5-star rating in the Global NCAP-screenshot_20200121150355_drive.jpg

The Tata Altroz has lost the crown in only a few days.

I never thought this would happen! Tata and Mahindra are fighting it out for safety clap: I never thought the Xuv300 will make it to this list.

Looks like Maruti really needs to get into the game. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbohead (Post 4735371)
I never thought this would happen! Tata and Mahindra are fighting it out for safety clap: I never thought the Xuv300 will make it to this list.

Looks like Maruti really needs to get into the game. :)

Maruti has a sustainability mindset, they design their cars to be recycle friendly. Whenever scrapping rules are implemented, Maruti's will take pride in the "Easiest cars to crush" title

Maruti cars are also health conscious, they are always on a low carb diet / keto / GM diet, they will remove even the last gram of metal which is un-necessary from the perspective of rolling out the car from the showroom. Who needs metal when you can add chrome!

Maruti leadership also firmly believes in "Rote hue aate hai sab, hasta hua jo jayega!". Hence, Maruti would rather add two additional touch screens for rear passengers rather than adding additional airbags in their cars so that you can watch Kapil Sharma show seamlessly, when you rolling on the poorly designed turn on the next flyover inaugrated!

:)

Mahindra XUV300 gets 5 star safety rating like Tata Nexon, Altroz.

Wow, this makes XUV300 the most safest car in India, what is more commendable is the child safety score. Kudos Mahindra.

Let the war begin between the manufacturers for Safest Car Title. Hope Maruti wakes up.
Quote:

As per the crash test report – “The XUV300 achieved a solid five stars for adult occupant protection and four stars for child occupant protection. The XUV300 offers 2 frontal airbags as standard, and it offers ESC and side impact airbags as optional. Its structure and its footwell area were rated as stable. Head and neck protection for adult occupants was good.

Chest protection for passenger was good and driver chest protection was adequate. Femur and knees showed good protection as well. Global NCAP tested the side impact protection of the XUV300 under UN95 regulation, the car comfortably passed the requirements when tested on either passenger or driver side.”

“Child occupant protection showed good protection for the 18 month old dummy with the CRS installed rearward facing and using the standard ISOFIX anchorages and a support leg. The 3 year old CRS was installed forward facing using the ISOFIX anchorages as well as a top tether and offered fair protection to the dummy.

The XUV300 offers the possibility of disconnecting the passenger airbag in case of the need to use a rearward facing CRS in the passenger seat. The lack of three point belts in all seating positions, as well as the poor ISOFIX markings explain the four star rating for child occupant protection.”

David Ward, CEO and President, Global NCAP, said, “Mahindra is the second Indian manufacturer to achieve Global NCAP’s coveted five star status and the XUV300 scores the highest combined crash test result of all the cars we’ve tested in India to date. We are delighted with this hugely positive outcome in our #SaferCarsForIndia campaign. It’s a vitally important win for Indian consumers and sets a safety challenge that every manufacturer must now be measured against.”

Mahindra XUV300 gets a 5-star rating in the Global NCAP-mahindraxuv300crashtestsafetyvideo.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 gets a 5-star rating in the Global NCAP-safercarsforindiamah300_page0001.jpg

https://youtu.be/wKDJiU2b7Mc

Kudos Mahindra and Tata Motors. I suppose the argument of the manufacturer that produces the safest Indian cars is clear without any doubt.
clap:

This is something really God send in our country full of tin cans of various shapes and sizes.
While it is really exciting and encouraging that our home grown manufacturers are leading the way by producing 5 star safety products, the big big names and top sellers are lagging behind in safety aspect.
What the best thing is that the model being tested does not has side or curtain airbags as nothing goes off in sidewise collision.
It directly means better build quality and even safer top end version with 7 airbags.

Wow! Great to see the Indian brands showing the way to Japanese & German giants! Respect!

On the other hand, if Mahindra & Tata are doing it so well, what is the rocket science behind it that the companies like Suzuki/Honda/Toyota/ Ford/VW don't know? Or they are just plain lazy or simply cost cutting? Certainly not incompetent.

It is amazing to see Indian manufacturers showing the rest how to get it done. clap:

XUV 300 betters Altroz and Nexon on both Adult & Child safety -

16.42 vs 16.13/16.06 for Altroz/ Nexon on adult protection against 17 and secures the top spot

4 stars vs 3 for Altroz & Nexon on child safety

Mahindra XUV300 gets a 5-star rating in the Global NCAP-img_20200121_153211.jpg

Kudos to Mahindra. This will definitely help change the perspective towards safety. We now have 3 5 star rated cars in our market. I hope these models do well so that other manufacturers replicate the same.

Another important milestone in the history of Indian Automobile industry clap:

I heard from my cousin who works for TATA Motors that Tigor has gone for crash test and is expected to secure 4 stars. This will also apply to the Tiago. Good times ahead.

Mahindra XUV3OO achieves Five Stars And Highest Combined Safer Cars For India Result To Date.

With the XUV300, Mahindra achieves the highest combined result in Global NCAP’s SaferCarsForIndia crash tests to date with the highest score in both the adult and child protection categories.

The XUV300 has also shown the lowest level of intrusion and best side impact crash worthiness performance of any model tested so far.

Name:  11.PNG
Views: 10097
Size:  240.5 KB

Name:  12.PNG
Views: 9921
Size:  248.6 KB

Name:  13.PNG
Views: 10114
Size:  248.2 KB

Source:Global NCAP

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetrolheadRup (Post 4735357)
XUV 300 gets 5 stars safety rating and highest combined score. clap:.

Kudos to Mahindra. Hopefully rest the manufactures and other models from the same company join in the stars. Great news for the customers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetrolheadRup (Post 4735357)
The altroz has lost the crown in only a few days.

I would deny this fact. Altroz still is the first Indian manufactured car to get 5 stars ratings in NCAP.
Other fact being the XUV3OO is the remodeled Sanyong Tivoli. The Tivoli was already tested earlier by the NCAP and lacked a few features as reported on their website. All M&M had to do was to incorporate these and maintain the build quality.
But my real appriciations go to Mahindra as they DID maintain the quality and made the car up to the mark.

Euro NCAP Tivoli Crash Test 2016

Quote:

Originally Posted by saket77 (Post 4735410)
Wasn't it the Nexon to score 5* first?

Thanks for the correction mate. It was indeed a Tata Nexon.

However the fact being, both cars from TATA stable were built up new, and 5 stars NCAP was a huge achievement.

I guess the XUV300 was always supposed to be well built and the expectation was that it will get a decent crash rating. However, this is a huge positive for the Indian customers and Auto Industry as safety comes to the forefront and mind share.

Now we have 3 compact SUVs with good GNCAP crash ratings. Cheers !

Just WOW! Kudos Mahindra! Score of 16.42 out of 17 is a class act! Speaks lots about the engineering underneath. Icing in the cake is child occupant score of 37.44 out of 49! Benchmark of Indian cars with respect of safety now!

What a lovely achievement! And it was coming. So no surprise. The car felt solid when I experienced it. M&M had already made intent clear with the Marazzo already getting 4 stars. Surely these home grown car makers are making safety their USP & man is it something to be proud of really!

Well done Mahindra. clap: This will also help the XUV3OO reclaim some of its lost momentum in sales off late. Excellent achievement really. Its good days for our people on the roads! I hope this starts flowing into the lower segments of hatchbacks and compact sedans soon in multiple models rather than the current 3-4 cars that have managed it so far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamahunter (Post 4735397)
I would deny this fact. Altroz still is the first Indian manufactured car to get 5 stars ratings in NCAP.

Wasn't it the Nexon to score 5* first?

Kudos to Mahindra!

This result significantly helps turn around the perception Mahindra had gathered in the past few years with the abysmal safety in vehicles like the Scorpio, XUV500 and TUV.

I am so happy that the story in Indian automotive is beginning to change from 'Kitna Deti hai' to 'Kitni Safe hai'. :)