Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2020, 10:19   #46
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago and Tigor score 4 stars in GNCAP

Saw this on Facebook from Tata Motors.

They are really trying to make the most of the safety ratings and the people behind this seem to have a sense of humour.

Mods: I'm sorry if this is not appropriate, just shared since they seem to have taken the general advice of shouting from the rooftops about how safe their cars are.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago and Tigor score 4 stars in GNCAP-img20200124wa0001.jpg  

nmenon is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 12:23   #47
BHPian

Wow! Amazing results for almost all Tata cars now. First Zest then Nexon, Altroz, and now Tiago and Tigor. Tata Motors have found a USP and they are making hay while the sun shines with FB ads and social media reach.
Tata invested in right resources at the right time and in few months they will be reaping the benefits.
I am a Nexon owner in Pune city and my experience with Tata Sales and service has been splendid by far. So even if any BHPian has doubts about the S&S of Tata (atleast in major cities), let me tell you they have come a long way. They still have few issues to be solved but hey who doesnt?
Their new gen cars are trouble/niggle free and that should give you confidence.
Way to go Tata Motors

PS: I had Maruti Ritz with me for almost 6 years which indeed was a perfect car, however I had few bad experiences with their service as well. So in my opinion Service experience is highly debatable topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
Tata should affix the 'star' sticker on their cars aka energy efficiency ratings in appliances - one just cannot miss it!
They have done it on My Nexon(May-2019). It has a sticker with the India's safest car achievement.
Pic Below
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago and Tigor score 4 stars in GNCAP-img_20191206_140624.jpg  

ShivrajG is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 12:24   #48

Efforts by TaMo are finally giving wonderful results! Cudos TATA!

What I like here is the attitude shown by Tata Motors towards product safety. Of course they're trying to make a USP in the market, however, the stand taken by TATA as a manufacturer is commendable when all other manufacturers and 'market leaders' are pretending to ignore product safety by being in line with the so called 'market pulse'. The market should have been driven to believe in - safety first and goodies later - long time ago, but I think that it's never too late to realize that. And finally I am happy to see that Tata is the one driving that change.

P.S. Probably a little OT, my brother in law owns a Tiago petrol which I have driven for at least 2k kms and I have no complaints about the engine(my opinion). It's nice little 'safe' car to own I guess.
revvy_bhala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 18:43   #49
BANNED

Great achievement and keep up the good work TATA.

I am getting confused on one thing. It was mentioned they have selected base version for testing. But did they upgrade to alloy wheels to crash test the car?
Old 24th January 2020, 19:07   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Great achievement and keep up the good work TATA.

I am getting confused on one thing. It was mentioned they have selected base version for testing. But did they upgrade to alloy wheels to crash test the car?
Not only alloys, the tested model is actually a top end model. Check the features from the brochure.
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 19:43   #51
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago/Tigor achieved 4 Stars GNCAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Love how Indian automobile scene is panning out to be.

No matter what your budget is, you can buy safe cars now. Thanks to Tata and Mahindra

5 lakhs - Tiago 4*
6 lakhs - Tigor 4*
7 lakhs - Altroz 5*
8 lakhs - Polo 4*
9 lakhs - Nexon 5*
10 lakhs - XUV300 5*
11 lakhs - Marazzo 4*
12 lakhs - Kia Seltos 5*
Few more additions to the list. Brezza, Etios, and Zest scored 4* rating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Not only alloys, the tested model is actually a top end model. Check the features from the brochure.
Just curious, what difference it makes?

Last edited by Latheesh : 24th January 2020 at 19:45.
Latheesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 20:45   #52
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago/Tigor achieved 4 Stars GNCAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
12 lakhs - Kia Seltos 5*
Where did you get this rating?
tbppjpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 21:50   #53
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors, ever since the time they started their passenger car business, in 1998, with the first generation Indica, always subjected it's vehicles to some sort of crash evaluation.

In fact, TML, (or TELCO as it was known then), was the only car maker India to have in - house crash testing facilities. Most importantly, it had a small, but dedicated team of crash & safety engineers, recruited from global OEM's and other private, independent crash testing entities/agencies, from across the world.

Remember, at that point of time, India didn't have any crash norms at all.
TML's strategy was to equip themselves in advance , ramp up manpower & skill set, because inevitably crash legislation will come to the fore, sooner rather than later.

Also, TML was actively considering exporting their passenger cars to EU and elsewhere, hence in-house crash testing facilities gave them the chance to evaluate and hone their prototypes.

Because of this strategic intent, the Body - In - White, (BIW), was designed with then prevailing, mainly, ¹Euro-crash norms in mind & there was no de-contenting to the basic BIW as far as domestic and export versions were concerned.

That is one of the main reasons why the Tiago/Tigor twins could achieve a good result. Because the fundamentals of crash safety were already engineered into the X0 platform, (that is the original 1998 Indica/Indigo platform), on which the Tiago/Tigor is based.

In fact, if you look at it, the X1 platform, that is the base on which Vista & Manza were built was also well built, so much so, that a slight tweaking of it and incorporating some additional reinforcements, saw the NEXON achieving 5 stars. As all of you know, the NEXON, again is based on the X1 platform.

So, it is but natural, that perhaps in the next 3 years, the whole of the Tata passenger car fleet moving up the safety ratings ladder.

Hopefully, this time around, TML's, Sales & Marketing team will create some genuine bally-hoo about this very important product attribute, and train it's dealers properly to educate the prospective customer, that it's more important to keep one's life safe rather than save a litre of extra fuel!
arjab is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th January 2020, 18:13   #54
BHPian

Wow, TAMO is on roll, back to back hits on safety with all new launches.

I work for one of the TATA group companies (not motors) & trust me, Safety is driven as a way of life at TATA in any division, just not motors.

My only grouse is, they were the best in business when it came to emotionally appealing ad’s - “Reclaim your life” of TATA Safari is my personal favorite till date & I find their current ad’s lacking the punch to appeal to masses that “I am missing something in life, if not this then what” feeling, they are all jing bang but not emotionally appealing for safety.
yogeshsom29 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks