Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2020, 12:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tata Tiago/Tigor achieved 4 Stars GNCAP

Another set of safe cars from Tata Motors

http://www.globalncap.org/tata-achie...s-tigor-tiago/

I am happy that i own a safe car from Tata.

Last edited by tushky : 22nd January 2020 at 12:52.
tushky is online now   (48) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 12:56   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Tiago/Tigor achieved 4 Stars GNCAP

Now, this is absolutely brilliant! Take a bow, TATA!

This is bigger than even the news about the Altroz, IMHO! It takes far more effort to manufacture a 4-star rated entry-level car like the Tiago, to compete against very known (and tested to be unsafe) tin cans in that class. TATA Motors - You have earned yourself a fan!

Quote:
The TATA Tigor/Tiago achieves four stars for adult occupant protection and three stars for child occupant protection. This result follows the recent five star achievement of the TATA Altroz and the previous five star result for the TATA Nexon.

Global NCAP chose the entry-level version of this model.
Quote:
The Tigor/Tiago achieved four stars for adult occupant protection and three stars for child occupant protection. The Tigor was the model tested (the Tiago and Tigor are the same car in the front and passenger compartment). The Tigor/Tiago offers 2 frontal airbags as standard. Its structure and its footwell area were rated as unstable. Head and neck protection for adult occupants was good. Chest protection for passenger was adequate and marginal for the driver. Femur and knees showed marginal protection as there is risk of contracting dangerous structures behind the fascia.

The child seat for the 3 year old was installed FWF with the adult seatbelt and support leg and was able to prevent excessive forward movement during the impact, protecting the head and offering fair protection to the chest. The 18 month old CRS was installed using the adult belt and support leg rearward facing and the protection offered to the 1.5 years old dummy was good. The Tigor/Tiago does not offer three point belt in all seating positions and does not offer ISOFIX anchorages. The car does not offer the possibility of disconnecting the passenger airbag in case a rearward facing CRS needs to be installed in the front passenger seat.
Tata Tiago and Tigor score 4 stars in GNCAP-tigtiagtableweb.jpg

Read the full report here - SaferCarsForIndiaTatTig.pdf

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd January 2020 at 13:01.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 13:01   #3
OSH
BHPian

Tata Tiago and Tigor score 4 stars in GNCAP

Quote:
Tata Achieves Another High Rating Result With Four Stars For The Tigor/Tiago

The TATA Tigor/Tiago achieves four stars for adult occupant protection and three stars for child occupant protection. This result follows the recent five star achievement of the TATA Altroz and the previous five star result for the TATA Nexon.

The crash test report can be downloaded from their official site. Here's the link.

Tata Tiago and Tigor score 4 stars in GNCAP-tigortiago.jpg
Image source : GNCAP website

Last edited by OSH : 22nd January 2020 at 13:28.
OSH is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 13:11   #4
BHPian

TATA please market this aggressively if needed put stickers on new cars stating the impressive crash test results. Let the world (especially some set ignorant bunch) know what your cars actually stand for.

Considering that Nano has been discontinued, TATA can boast about having a range of safe cars in it's portfolio.
But the sad part is people still thinking "Mujhe Kya, main so sirf fancy touchscreen, mild hybrid aur fancy led light waali gaadi khareedunga" ie " I don't care about these results all that matters to me is fancy touch screens, fancy tech having no use and cars having a fancy outward appearance with lots of bling and led lights here and there."

Good job TATA. Just launch a full sized sedan in the C2 segment and I'll be at your showroom the next day and kick my Honda City Zx out from my garage .
Storm2.0 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 13:14   #5
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago and Tigor score 4 stars in GNCAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
I heard from my cousin who works for TATA Motors that Tigor has gone for crash test and is expected to secure 4 stars. This will also apply to the Tiago. Good times ahead.
Another feather in the cap for TATA. Considering the price point 4 stars is commendable.

Tata Tiago and Tigor score 4 stars in GNCAP-screenshot_2020012213100835.png

But then body shell is rated unstable and unable to withstand further loading A pillar seems intact.

Tata Tiago and Tigor score 4 stars in GNCAP-screenshot_2020012213255773.png

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 22nd January 2020 at 13:29.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 13:17   #6
BHPian

Not surprising news as I saw the significant difference between the overall build quality of the ignis that I bought over the tiago. The tiago doors would shut with a reassuring thud while the ignis doors almost felt like it was a toy car. I could actually press the metal with my bare hands.

The only reason I didn't pick up the tiago was due to tatas infamous poor sales guys and the engine just wasn't to my liking.
bf1983 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 13:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago and Tigor score 4 stars in GNCAP

Another Great result for Tata with the Tiago, after the Altroz & the Nexon's 5 Star performance.

Just to add a perspective, all other Tiago's contemporaries are languishing at the bottom of the heap.
- Swift (2 star)
- WagonR (2 star)
- Santro (2 star)
- Kwid (1 star)
abhishek46 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 13:27   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Now, this is absolutely brilliant! Take a bow, TATA!

This is bigger than even the news about the Altroz, IMHO! It takes far more effort to manufacture a 4-star rated entry-level car like the Tiago, to compete against very known (and tested to be unsafe) tin cans in that class. TATA Motors - You have earned yourself a fan!

Quote:
The Tigor/Tiago achieved four stars for adult occupant protection and three stars for child occupant protection. The Tigor was the model tested (the Tiago and Tigor are the same car in the front and passenger compartment). The Tigor/Tiago offers 2 frontal airbags as standard. Its structure and its footwell area were rated as unstable. Head and neck protection for adult occupants was good. Chest protection for passenger was adequate and marginal for the driver. Femur and knees showed marginal protection as there is risk of contracting dangerous structures behind the fascia.
Not sure what to make of this though. I'm quite confused by the detailed report, while it's pretty good, would have expected 3 stars for an unstable structure. Not sure though.

Last edited by da_lowrider : 22nd January 2020 at 13:32. Reason: added text
da_lowrider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 13:34   #9
BHPian

Will it be safe to assume that this rating applies to pre facelift models as well? The cars are based on same platform and only the front face has been changed from what I can perceive.
shivamk11 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 13:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

Truly commendable. But not something that they should gloat.

I hope the next gen. Tiago/Tigor do get some updates, as the body structure is rated unstable as per the reports.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 13:58   #11
Senior - BHPian

Proud to own the Tigor. Even though its a "Flop" model from sales point of view, the sense of security it gives when driven is priceless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivamk11 View Post
Will it be safe to assume that this rating applies to pre facelift models as well? The cars are based on same platform and only the front face has been changed from what I can perceive.
I think so. Platform is same and only minor cosmetic changes in the newer versions.
DCEite is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 14:00   #12
BHPian

As fellow BHPians already mentioned. This is truly outstanding. Getting 4 Star safety rating for an entry level car is by no means an easy task. Now, will the rip off tin can manufacturers please wake up? My previous car was a Tata and my current car is a Tata too. My next car would also be a Tata.
DieselAddikt is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 14:10   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Love how Indian automobile scene is panning out to be.

No matter what your budget is, you can buy safe cars now. Thanks to Tata and Mahindra

5 lakhs - Tiago 4*
6 lakhs - Tigor 4*
7 lakhs - Altroz 5*
8 lakhs - Polo 4*
9 lakhs - Nexon 5*
10 lakhs - XUV300 5*
11 lakhs - Marazzo 4*
12 lakhs - Kia Seltos 5*
PrasannaDhana is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 14:23   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Proud to own the Tigor. Even though its a "Flop" model from sales point of view, the sense of security it gives when driven is priceless.

I think so. Platform is same and only minor cosmetic changes in the newer versions.
I hope that is true. Feeling proud to be a Tiago owner right now.
Hopefully next generation will fix the unstable body structure too and score even more.
shivamk11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 14:23   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
12 lakhs - Kia Seltos 5*
Kia Seltos has secured 5* in ANCAP (Australasian) for Australian spec car(which has 6 airbags standard) and not the Indian Specs car. It is made in South Korea and exported to Australia.

My guess even the Indian version if tested should do reasonably well.
Prafful_Rathod is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed