Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2020, 18:09   #1
BHPian

Idea: The ultimate Team-BHP safety spec sheet

While discussing crash test ratings with a fellow BHPian, I got an idea - A Safety spec sheet covering all cars, its safety features, crash-test ratings etc.

The rationale for the safety spec sheet:
Manufacturers publish safety information in a selective way, showing the aspects they want the buyers to see and hiding the information they don't want to show. Buyers have to often search at multiple sources which many times give conflicting information. Also, most ads/review sites only speak about safety features in the top variant or an option pack variant - what about people who want to buy mid/lower variants? If there is one place when they get all the information regarding safety, it will help them make an informed decision. On the similar lines to Team-BHP's PDI check-list, this can help buyers in a significant way.

Why only Safety info?
It is a very crucial aspect of the car. But because this info is not easily accessible, many buyers don't worry much and make the decisions without considering important aspects of safety.

I have opened this Google Sheet and put a template to fill all these data.

Here is the link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Request:
Requesting Mods, fellow BHPians to first review the template and give me feedback - if I have missed cars or features and any other suggestions to improve the usability of the sheet. I will incorporate your comments and we can launch the sheet for everyone's benefit. Data entry and updating data will be crowd-sourced to BHPians.
manjunathkl is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed