Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2020, 16:58   #136
BHPian

Re: Miscreants assault me & damage my car for alleged overtaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Update

Police has informed me that both accused are under their custody. I’ve been asked to visit station today.
Good to see timely action being taken by police. Don't let them go at any cost. They may plead you for forgiveness, beg you to withdraw the case or bring emotional factors in this case. These maniac's deserve harshest of punishments for what they have done. If they manage to escape the law then am pretty sure many more will have to face similar ordeal. Get hold of a good lawyer & press criminal charges against them.
Fordlover88 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 17:04   #137
Senior - BHPian

Re: Miscreants assault me & damage my car for alleged overtaking

Quote:
Update

Police has informed me that both accused are under their custody. I’ve been asked to visit station today.
One of the best news I heard today buddy. I was really feeling for you and was re-living every moment like as if it had happened to me.

My faith in the legal system and police has gone up a few notches.

Like the others have commented, for all our sakes, please do not compromise or give in to their begging or pleading. They have done the wrong thing by messing with a well educated and gentlemanly Team BHPian and need to be prosecuted to the maximum extent permissible as per law and pay the price.

If it was legal, I would have loved for them to be given some extra special treatment at the hands of the police. But then we are law abiding citizens with full faith in the legal system.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th March 2020 at 13:26. Reason: Minor spacing
hrman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 17:45   #138
Team-BHP Support

Re: Miscreants assault me & damage my car (EDIT: accused now in police custody)

Quote:
Update

I hope you plan to go to the station with a lawyer (there are many on the forum as well).

With a lawyer you will have the proper IPC as well as create a strong impression on cops and the attackers that you mean business.
Vid6639 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 18:13   #139
BHPian

Update

I visited KR Puram station along with my cousin who also happens to be a practising lawyer. I was asked to identify, which i diligently did. I asked them, the purpose of attack and the violent chap stepped forward and said I overtook their vehicle in a speedy manner. Then I asked him, If I have hurt them while overtaking they answered 'No', then I questioned, if their vehicle got any damage while overtook them, again the answer was 'No'.

I turned to Police officer standing next to me and reiterated that they can review my driving from the point of exit from office. Police officer said even if there was an incident, they have no rights to take law into hands and serve justice.

Attacker was miffed that TV channels made him 'famous'. One is aged 20 (violent) and another is 23 (participant) year old. I am told they are from poor background and have domestic issues. I empathise but hope this experience deters them from future involvement in violent acts.I did not see any sense of remorse or regret in them but I could be wrong as interaction was brief. Roaring cats were meowing today though.

Couple of TV Cameramen were present while I visited, I made it clear that I have no intentions to come on camera. Then a channel guy suggested wearing hankie to cover my identity, I told him that I have done no crime and there is no need to cover my face.My intention of placing the incident on public record using media (both social and traditional form) is to bring awareness and not to go famous (happy to become famous for my good deeds and not for someone else's ill deeds). Yet, some footage must have been recorded as I noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
please take a picture of them and post here.
I am in possession of pictures from couple of media and other sources but I am hesitant to use it here.If I come across a news link with images, will share the link. Apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
While at the cop-station can you try and check what's the reason that got them triggered that way?
Done. My opening note has details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Broken hand is 'Attempt to Kill' - Section 307
FIR copy has no mention of 307, my lawyer too pointed out that. Sections are : 324,341,504,427,34. Police officer did mention that the higher ups have asked to include one more, but I missed to follow up on that. If convicted, current charges must put them behind bars for at least 3 years.

Thanks for crowd funding offer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
Please PM me if you need any assistance and I am more than happy to help. Sheer number sometimes helps, as I am sure there will be dozens of family/friends/well-wishers of these goons at the police station or court to plead/threaten/do-anything to pass this incident off as youngsters acting irresponsibly, or even justifying it for something you wouldn't have done.

High time we folks came together to teach these good-for-nothing brats a lesson so that it becomes a deterrent for others
Thank you, brother. I hope the episode does not get murkier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Was this is a Out of state car situation?
No Sir. It is a KA registered vehicle and I am eloquent with Kannada (and 5 other languages)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Sad and scary incident. Didn't they appear like delivery boys with certain uniform?
I am not sure how you made that observation, today it turns out they were indeed delivery boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I hope you plan to go to the station with a lawyer (there are many on the forum as well).

With a lawyer you will have the proper IPC as well as create a strong impression on cops and the attackers that you mean business.
I did that sir. Will keep a tab and ensure proceedings are duly followed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Thanks to Philip Thomas for sending this message in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!
Well thought advise Mr. Philip and I have duly updated my friendly SA who assured same will be followed. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Yep, would definitely get behind crowd funding this.
Kind offer. I believe I can manage.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th March 2020 at 13:28. Reason: Minor spacing for improved readability
Thilak29 is offline   (150) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 19:02   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

You handled it extremely well and it ended well too.

Your biggest weapon apart from presence of mind was the Dashcam and this incident is another befitting proof that a DASHCAM HELPS!!!.

Those of you who are still waiting to pick one, it is time to read this episode and install one in your car(s). It was one of the most crucial reasons how the culprits were identified and the cops had no further doubts about the manner in which the car and the occupant was attacked as the proof was right there in the videos.

Feels good to learn about the positive updates. Wish you a speedy recovery Thilak and I am sure mentally you should be at ease now mainly because of the way how things unfolded and the support from the forum, media and your near ones!
paragsachania is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 19:04   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am told they are from poor background and have domestic issues. I did not see any sense of remorse or regret in them but I could be wrong as interaction was brief. Roaring cats were meowing today though.

FIR copy has no mention of 307, my lawyer too pointed out that. Sections are : 324,341,504,427,34. Police officer did mention that the higher ups have asked to include one more, but I missed to follow up on that. If convicted, current charges must put them behind bars for at least 3 years.
Please do not let the excuses of poor background or domestic issues be used here. There are plenty of poor people in India who have extremely challenging domestic situations - none of them are assaulting others on the street with a tyre iron.

These scumbags must be prosecuted and punished to the absolute maximum extent of the law. I urge you to not withdraw your complaint under emotional appeals from them or their family to "forgive the boys for making a mistake" or crap like that. Three years in jail is certainly fully deserved in this case.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (61) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 19:11   #142
Senior - BHPian

If they are delivery boys and have such rage in them for a car just overtaking them, I think an effort should be made to inform their delivery service companies too, if not done yet.

Who knows what they would do to a person at home just because they have domestic issues.

This also seems like a case of haves vs have nots, otherwise I cannot make sense why they would react in such manner and say it proudly that it is because of a speedy overtake.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th March 2020 at 13:28. Reason: Minor spacing
tharian is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 19:40   #143
BHPian

If they can do this to some one just overtaking them, I don't want to imagine putting them in a situation where some unfortunate soul actually ends up brushing against their vehicle. They deserve to be behind bars, please do not let them go just because of their sob stories.

The fact that they had the presence of mind to look for a puncture shop & get a tool from there to hit you, tells me, they are experienced & will do this again given a chance.
Engine_Roars is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 19:45   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Please do not let the excuses of poor background or domestic issues be used here. There are plenty of poor people in India who have extremely challenging domestic situations - none of them are assaulting others on the street with a tyre iron.
I second this. If let free, these are the types who have the potential to commit rape, kill and burn the body. These are also the types who would take full advantage when there is a riot and go on full rampage.

I wonder if these kids were not already under police radar.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th March 2020 at 13:29. Reason: Minor spacing
Guna is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 20:36   #145
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for crowd funding offer!
This 3 years is music to ears. Will teach these guys a proper lesson. At the station were there no parents of these guys pleading to let them go?

Please do not let them off irrespective of poor background and domestic issues. There are plenty of people in India who don't resort to this even if they have poor financial background. Just because we drive cars they don't have the right to take their anger out on us. It's not like everyone who drives a car is rich. We live within means and many have financial difficulty despite owning a car.

Let the law take its course with the lawyer and not show leniency. Atleast this will show others like his friends not to try this with other innocent people.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 6th March 2020 at 00:25.
Vid6639 is offline   (42) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 20:41   #146
Senior - BHPian

Glad that you have identified the miscreants, do not show any mercy further and ensure that a logical end is reached. I have seen comments about self defence, hitting back, carrying things for self defence. These are the most dangerous advise one can get, you will get full justice as you did not react to the assault.

Last edited by GTO : 6th March 2020 at 09:01. Reason: Please do NOT post in an inappropriate manner on Team-BHP
deehunk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 20:45   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update
Thanks for the update.

Do not let them get away easily, press and pursue the charges. This incident will be a valuable life long lesson not just for these idiots but also similar idiots who will think they can get away by indulging in unlawful acts.

Since it is covered in media, this will reach greater audience and will definitely act as a deterrent to other anti social elements.

A word of appreciation for Bangalore Police for quick action on this.

Off Topic: Such incidents highlight the utmost importance to have a dashcam. It can be your very important ally.

I can honestly say the media and tv channels were more involved in Thilak's case because of the video evidence, which helps in bringing in more eyeballs to their news coverage.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th March 2020 at 13:29. Reason: Minor spacing
speedmiester is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 22:34   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

In the meantime make multiple copies of the video before handing over the memory card to the police as evidence. Upload the video in your Google drive /drop box. Copy it to a few pen drives. Upload the video to you tube and make it private. Just in case someone wants to do a back door entry and destroy the evidence. This is India and your never know. Take multiple copies of the news paper and keep. Also save the digital version of the newsletter if available

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 5th March 2020 at 22:36.
sagarpadaki is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 22:52   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Hurray! If you get a chance, please take a picture of them and post here.
Pictures available in public domain : https://publictv.in/bengaluru-car-bi...ice-arrest/amp
Thilak29 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 23:04   #150
BHPian

Shocked to know the reason those guys assaulted you!

They deserve no mercy. However, the legal proceedings are going to be long drawn, I believe.

Please do pursue it till it's logical end - the miscreants getting the punishment they deserve.

The state of the society sometimes appears scary!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th March 2020 at 13:30. Reason: Unsupported emoticon removed / minor spacing
sparameswaran is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed