Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2020, 19:22   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Miscreants assault me & damage my car for alleged overtaking

The car will be repaired, your wounds will heal, but the mental trauma you had to go through will take time to heal. Try to slowly forget it and move on, though it's easier said than done.

You have done the right thing by not getting out of the car or by trying to take revenge against them by any other way. Being defensive is the best way.

These guys are criminals and they are well versed with these kind of activities. Even, if you have a rod or a similar thing you cant combat these guys easily.

The best thing is, you have the dash-cam footage.
Do not let them go.

Edit- As sun-films are no more legal, do not carry costly belongings like laptop or any such thing on the car seat. I always keep them on the car boot, so it's not visible from outside.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th March 2020 at 12:37. Reason: Minor spacing
Samba is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 19:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

Very very sorry to hear about your ordeal.
Apart from the actions taken by you through Police, please post it on social media and also try to get media involved. This might get some pressure to act quickly against the criminals.
speedmiester is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 20:06   #18
BHPian

Very sorry & shocked at the same time to hear about your ordeal but why did you sit in the car & allow him to assault you? Why didn't you attempt to drive away? (as per the second video)

A pepper spray would have definitely helped here.

This another reason to take company transport where available.
Do not let them get away.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th March 2020 at 12:37. Reason: Minor spacing
raihan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 20:12   #19
BHPian

This is very shocking and from your videos I can recognise that the incident has happened within 1km from my home! Isn't this a usually very crowded road? I feel appalled by the fact that no one came to your help! I wish you a speedy recovery and hope the culprits are put behind bars!
nagr22 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 20:18   #20
BHPian

This is their reaction for just overtaking and no provocation at all from your side?

If that is what it is, as already mentioned by someone else, could be a case of mistaken identity.
Nalin1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 20:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about your ordeal, sir. Wish you a speedy recovery. More than the physical wounds, it is the mental wounds that will refuse to heal. Please pursue this to the end possible with the help of a lawyer. You have enough to identify the culprits and force police to take some action.

I used to stay in that area a couple of months ago. We moved out once our ground floor apartment was broken into. Fortunately, nothing happened other than some damage to our rental property.
padmrajravi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 21:17   #22
BHPian

Please do keep us posted if possible on what actions the cops took. Really curious to know if it was a case of mistaken identity or a revenge for overtaking as you said. This is just an unnecessary crime. I hope you have the strength to pursue this and put it behind you. I hope we have folks here who can help with the police case.
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 22:32   #23
BHPian

re: Miscreants assault me & damage my car (EDIT: accused now in police custody)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Very very sorry to hear about your ordeal.
Apart from the actions taken by you through Police, please post it on social media and also try to get media involved. This might get some pressure to act quickly against the criminals.

I did create a post in fb, with a intention to create general awareness of elements around us. If it helps nab miscreants it's one less evil away from our civic society.
Thilak29 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 23:13   #24

Take care buddy, and I think you did exactly what any sane and rational person would have done. I would say you went by the book to the T, but sadly we all are a bit hesitant to give it back when we should at times, even if we are not wrong. But you did the sensible thing, unfortunately that's what made these miscreants bolder. That said, I probably wouldn't have held my wits together if I was in this situation. So tremendous presence of mind and control to keep it all together.

Could I request you to please keep us all updated if there is any progress fortunately on this case?

Take care!

Last edited by vb-saan : 4th March 2020 at 10:44. Reason: Typo, punctuation.
mechadios is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 23:20   #25
BHPian

Thilak 29, am unable to PM you. I stay close to Hoodi, do you need any contacts of lawyer etc?
Anything else I can do to help?
carnutfrombanga is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 02:19   #26
BHPian

Hi,

Very sorry for your experience. Yes this can happen and Will happen. So many people around but nobody tried to help. I know this would be a mental trauma but you will overcome it over time. There is no way to predict such events and prepare yourself for handling them. It's being in the wrong place at wrong time. I had read in this forum of such episodes encountered by fellow bhpians earlier. Hope they are caught. Relax, recharge and I sincerely believe there are more good people than such barbarians on the road.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th March 2020 at 12:38. Reason: Minor spacing
drrajasaravanan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 07:20   #27
Senior - BHPian

This is very distressing. Good to know that you escaped with minor injuries. Take care buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I did create a post in fb, with a intention to create general awareness of elements around us. If it helps nab miscreants it's one less evil away from our civic society.
If you are on Twitter, could you tweet to Bengaluru Police Commissioner @deepolice12. Also, how about informing some media houses? If this gets wider publicity, it might deter similar miscreants in future.

Last edited by airbus : 4th March 2020 at 07:24.
airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 07:25   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
This is very distressing. Good to know that you escaped with minor injuries. Take care buddy.

If you are on Twitter, could you tweet to Bengaluru Police Commissioner - @deepolice12. Also, how about informing some media houses? If this gets wider publicity, it might deter similar miscreants in future.
I did that and BCP acknowledged my tweet -
https://twitter.com/BlrCityPolice/st...441882624?s=20

I am not sure about media, I know people in that space but need to give a deep thought.
Thilak29 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 07:32   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Sorry for the ordeal mate, and for this reason alone I keep a steel baton in my car. First time I would have let go, but the next time they came near, it was clear they meant trouble.
I think this is absolutely important. I had a run in with some arrogant idiots on a 2 wheeler as well near Hoodi circle. They were driving rash and almost brushed against my car and started abusing me.

I ordered a steel baton and have it in my car door ever since. Can never be too safe esp when it comes to physical assault.

Sorry you had to go through this.
herculesksp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 08:01   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I did that and BCP acknowledged my tweet
Keep the pressure on BCP using social media. Sorry that you had to go through this. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
steel baton
Can turn into a deadly instrument if used wrongly. Even worse if miscreants manage to pry it away from you and end up using it on you. IMO, pepper spray might be a more effective solution. Temporary impact, gets you out of the situation without much of a physical confrontation.

Last edited by moralfibre : 4th March 2020 at 08:08. Reason: Small typo
procrj is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks