Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2020, 10:47   #121
Senior - BHPian

re: Miscreants assault me & damage my car (EDIT: accused now in police custody)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Great news ! ! and a big Applause to
My suggestion and sincere request is, at any cost, do not go for compromise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Friend, trust me. After what has happened, you have these culprits right where you want them.
Complete agree with this point of view. Its very rarely that such behavior gets the punishment it deserves, hence the overall situation of the roads are like this.

I understand the importance of Dashcam now. Will buy it soon.
2000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 10:56   #122
BHPian

Am glad they have been caught and they definitely deserve a sound thrashing to tame all their aggressiveness.

Do not give in to any compromise please, doing this just makes them feel its easy way out and they continue doing the same.File the most stringent of sections so that its a lesson for them and others as well.We need to start taking this more seriously and working our way to ensure every person is safe and not targeted violently for their own joy and ego satisfaction.

I usually travel interstate with my family and i know its not right and nor do i advise but i carry a wooden baton just for my own personal safety.
scorpian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 11:08   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Broken glass is 'misdemeanor'

Broken hand is 'Attempt to Kill' - Section 307

Please let us know if we can crowd fund your (very able) public prosecutor and teach all road-rage heroes a lesson!

Chapter.01 : '......Upto 10 years'
Yep, would definitely get behind crowd funding this. If we can show some of these guys that they are consequences of their actions at least some of their ilk can get the message.
JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 11:39   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

I am glad for you. Going to the station, identifying these guys, know that what will be meted out will be much worse than if you had gotten out of the car, and managed to beat them up/scare them off. The constant rounds of police stations, entries made against there names as offenders and what not will make them rue the day they decided to be macho macho men on the road.

There will be family members, lawyers, friends and they will exhibit behavior right from grovelling that "they are youngsters, there life will be destroyed", to threatening. Do not give in. There lives cannot be "destroyed" because such people do not amount to much as contributing members of society in any case.

Something like this has happened with me earlier, and if i had a dashcam then......

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th March 2020 at 13:22. Reason: Minor spacing
mayankk is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 11:47   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nempuguru View Post
Good to hear this. They have taken action very quickly.

Also, must appreciate you for handling the situation calmly and providing the proofs to authority. This made all the difference.

Be safe for some more days and avoid traveling alone if possible.

Saw this news coverage in today's local news paper (Udayavani main edition).

Attachment 1976678
Would it be possible to get a translation for this news clipping?
Turrrb0 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 11:49   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Update

Police has informed me that both accused are under their custody. I’ve been asked to visit station today.
I hope they get a long time in Jail and the outcome of the proceedings in made known in all newspapers and social media.

Around 12yrs ago, i had a similar incident right on top of the old marathalli bridge. I took a left from kalamandir junction and two guys bit drunk overtook me when i was turning left into Marathalli road. I was on Maruti 800 with my right side window partly open.

Right on top of the bridge they cut in my lane and stopped by car. One came and tried to force open the door. I resisted and managed to lock it. Within a second through the small opening of the window came a punch straight to my nose. My nose had broken with blood splattered all over face and shirt. Within this distance i could smell his breath.

I didnt react, many people came in later and told me that i should have come out of the car and given back. I just followed them till the kundalhalli gate and made way. I informed the police at the K.gate, they just kept mum. I didnt have a smart phone during this time. Some memories i would like to forget soon.
groom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 12:08   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvasista View Post

Note: I can never understand why majority of the road users have the itch to squeeze through the gaps, inch forward and conquer the tiny spaces to the maximum extent and also cross the stopping line sometimes hindering the flow of traffic coming from the opposite side.
There's a word for what you've written in three sentences - Indian.

Here, people with road manners are very tiny in percentage, probably less than 1!

This country lacks empathetic people - if you can't help the victim, move on instead of watching like a sheep and thus creating traffic jam.
GladRagu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 12:10   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Now that the Police have nabbed them, do not let them get away by pleading/begging. These guys can stoop to any level. They will beg you, the family will plead to you, they will try to emotionally coerce you to withdraw the charges. But hold your ground and make these menace to the society go through the legal pipeline. You have a strong case for you. Get a good advocate and press criminal charges against them. Anyway, since they have hurt you physically with a deadly weapon, Attempt to murder automatically can be levied. Do not let the Police dilute the charges.
sagarpadaki is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 12:25   #129
BHPian

Extremely sorry to hear what you went through and I can only vouch that these kind of incidents are only rising in Bangalore. I live very close to where this happened (Garudacharpalya) and have been at the receiving end (thankfully verbal abuses) on a couple of instances (cabbies/Tata Ace who got provoked at honking/overtaking). Also had an incident in 2011 where a couple of guys in a 2 wheeler followed me from Dairy Circle flyover and into Nimhans and intercepted our TN Santro in broad daylight in front of an SBI ATM to extort money; their banging of the windscreen inadvertently broke it, so they sped away in fear.

Please PM me if you need any assistance and I am more than happy to help. Sheer number sometimes helps, as I am sure there will be dozens of family/friends/well-wishers of these goons at the police station or court to plead/threaten/do-anything to pass this incident off as youngsters acting irresponsibly, or even justifying it for something you wouldnt have done.

High time we folks came together to teach these good-for-nothing brats a lesson so that it becomes a deterrent for others

Last edited by aroonanand : 5th March 2020 at 12:26. Reason: Corrected typo
aroonanand is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 13:00   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update

Police has informed me that both accused are under their custody. I’ve been asked to visit station today.
Great news. Happy to see the criminals behind bars.
Do not let them go easily, this should serve as a lesson to every scoundrel on road.
speedmiester is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 14:07   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update

By God, amazing news. Now please make sure these guys never do something like this to anyone else by putting them behind bars with the maximum sentence possible. No amount of pleading from either them or their relatives should melt your heart as what they have done is downright criminal with a very evil intent to bodily harm too.
humyum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 14:23   #132
BHPian

It is really heartening that both pieces of scum have been arrested (would be an insult to consider them sane humans). I am really keen on knowing what story they give for their deeds.

My blood was really boiling when I read what Thilak had to gone through and was wondering if the police will give him some alone time with the culprits to met out some instant justice. It sounds harsh but as they say that laaton ke bhoot baaton se nahi maantein (loosely translated to - people who learn from kicks will not understand the language of words)
praveen789 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 14:55   #133
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Philip Thomas for sending this message in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
Dear Sir/Madam,

This is not a suggestion on the actual matter. Instead please ask him/her to get good quality masking tape and cover up the gaps on the dashboard so that glass particles won't get deposited there. Also ask him to cover up the ducts (especially defogger ducts) so that glass pieces won't enter the cooling assembly as this can lead to rattles, glass dust in the cabin, or even affect the functioning of flaps that regulate airflow with respect to direction and temperature. Ask him/her to keep these vents covered until glass removal-refitting and cleaning up of the interior is done.

Thank You and Regards

Philip Thomas
Aditya is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 16:16   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Update

Glad that this ended well. Whatever you call them, when its time to act, the police are very quick to act. My guess is that these guys already have a record or something. Since your dashcam has captured all the events, it would not take much time to convict. I could not help but notice that they looked very young. The only worry is that they should not claim underage. In that case , they are likely to be let off lightly.

My friend once lost his coveted sports cycle and in the CCTV footage , he could well see a young boy entering the portico by scaling the gate and helping himself to the cycle. When he showed the CCTV footage to the cops , the woman inspector exclaimed " Ohh evanaaa" ( Ohh this fellow ) . They quickly settled the case with a refund. The cycle had already been sold for parts.

Last edited by srini1785 : 5th March 2020 at 16:19.
srini1785 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 16:29   #135
BHPian

Whatever OP narrated in his first post same has been mentioned in news report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post
Would it be possible to get a translation for this news clipping?
Here's summary:

* Techie assaulted in the middle of the road by miscreants by blocking his car
* Car damaged, windscreen broken. Incident recorded in dashcam.
* Reason for attacking is believed to be overtaking
* Due to ongoing Metro work, Mr. Tilakraj took route via Aiyappa nagar to his house instead of regular route
* First incident of attack happened near Hoodi railway over bridge, locals mediated and miscreants fed away
* But they followed and attacked again mercilessly near Aiyappa Nagar
* Damaged car windshield etc using a spanner from nearby garage

Last edited by Nempuguru : 5th March 2020 at 16:31.
Nempuguru is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks