Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2020, 08:42   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Miscreants assault me & damage my car (EDIT: accused now in police custody)

Thilak, this is really a crazy incident. You managed to keep so calm, if it were me I would have gone straight at them with risk to limb and life unfortunately.

Would you remember what language they spoke? I am not trying to start an outsider war here, but they don't seem to look like locals.

The guy riding seems to also be wearing a KTM tee shirt.

I wont let this go, if it were me. I would independently track both of them down through means i possess.

Last edited by moralfibre : 4th March 2020 at 14:31. Reason: Making a small change in the language.
Red Liner is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 09:04   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Thilak, this is really a crazy incident. You managed to keep so calm, if it were me I would have gone straight at them with risk to limb and life unfortunately.
+1 to this sir. Just looking at the footage made my blood boil. But the way Thilak29 handled this comes out to be very calm and composed.

@Thilak29 - nothing that I say here will change the situation. You have already shown so much maturity and patience in a world that is dangerously impatient. And I am sure whatever you do next is going to be equally well thought.
To me, these seem to be a couple of jerks, which do not deserve your precious time and peace of mind.
warrioraks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 09:18   #33
BHPian

That is extremely unfortunate. I hope the culprits are nabbed for the safety of everyone in general. I request everyone with any relevant contacts (police, media, insurance, lawyer) to assist Thilak29.

I suggest you tag the social media handles of the ride sharing company and ask them to share the booking details to you or to the police.
KL01toKA03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 09:25   #34
BHPian

Daytime robbery

As someone suggested they might be drunk enough. But the pity is none of the onlookers intervened. This has become a trend.

Anyways wish you speedy recovery.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th March 2020 at 12:39. Reason: Minor spacing
ankitsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 09:33   #35
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Wish you a speedy recovery, pal. While the injuries are unfortunate, I'm still glad that there is nothing permanently damaged. Things can get really rough in such situations.

I think the primary objective was theft. It's certainly not a case of mistaken identity as your car model + colour + black interiors aren't common. It's not exactly a "white Swift".
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 09:40   #36
BHPian

I am shocked beyond words can describe. I sincerely hope this was just a case of mistaken identity.

Even if you had provoked them by overtaking (says a lot about them if they get 'provoked' upon being overtaken on road), their actions mirror the lawlessness and the barbarian way of serving 'instant justice' thriving these days in our society. Sad.

Take care.
sparameswaran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 09:43   #37
Senior - BHPian

The criminals should be easy to identify as the two wheeler is from one of the two wheeler rental company. All such two wheeler have GPS and tracking system installed.

I think the number is KA51 AX 2878, which is Electronic City RTO.

Try to get in touch with the RTO to get the details of the rental company, that will help in tracking down the criminals who did this.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th March 2020 at 12:39. Reason: Minor spacing :)
speedmiester is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 10:00   #38
Senior - BHPian

I cannot understand why even one person from the public couldn't intervene in such cases.

All it takes is just one person to walk up and few others may get the courage to follow and these guys will just take off. What drives these guys are that they know when they display violent behavior, no one is going to intervene.

I remember once I was passing through a not so busy road which I take daily from work and there was this car stopped with two guys on a scooter next to the driver window and the next thing I see was one of the guys hitting the driver on his face. There is a local area close by and I knew these guys were from there and they looked high on something as well.

Thinking of it now, since it was many years ago, I don't know what made me jump out of my car as soon as I saw it turn physical and head towards them and I tried calming them asked them to let him go since he was with his wife and small kid. Less than half a minute was what it took and they let him go and thankfully me too.

I believe doing good will come back and it did one time when I was assisted by a person from the public when I got into a situation on the road.

If the public shows the same urgency as they do to an accident victim, things won't go from bad to worse. Can't imagine this happening to a lady driver.

Good on the OP to keep a dashcam running and it is a good thing that through Team-BHP, more of us are understanding the use of it.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th March 2020 at 12:40. Reason: Minor spacing
tharian is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 10:06   #39
Senior - BHPian

What an ordeal!

What does it take to get this reported in main stream print media.. TOI, DH, Bangalore Mirror, and the regional ones. That would certainly give this a larger attention from the mass population including such miscreants who probably may not be on social media's. This needs attention beyond TBHP.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 4th March 2020 at 10:07.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 10:19   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
What an ordeal!

What does it take to get this reported in main stream print media.. TOI, DH, Bangalore Mirror, and the regional ones. That would certainly give this a larger attention from the mass population including such miscreants who probably may not be on social media's. This needs attention beyond TBHP.
Tweet to Bangalore police commissioner and also post on reddit. Reddit's India subreddit is often monitored by news publications.
tsk1979 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 10:22   #41
BHPian

Happened to me long back in Bangalore. This is a way to extort money from middle class who either don't want any trouble, or were actually absent minded enough to now know whether they actually did something wrong during the drive.
bharat4ever is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 10:23   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I went to police station today, collected copy of FIR. Police officials offered support considering the amount of information I could capture and provide to them. They have apparently asked booking details from ride hailing company which owns the scooter.
Any reply/action from the cop station? You may need to follow it up otherwise there's a great chance of case going to trash can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Tweet to Bangalore police commissioner and also post on reddit. Reddit's India subreddit is often monitored by news publications.
This is a very good suggestion. Apart from following up with cops, you must consider this.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th March 2020 at 12:26.
Rudra Sen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 10:24   #43
BHPian

Just a question : In such extreme cases where you see people yielding weapons and trying to hit you/your case with motive to harm is it advisable to shove through the parked scooter and make your way through and escape ?
Rahul_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 10:25   #44
BHPian

Thank God you got away with minor injuries. Although I see the urge here that we should nab these criminals, I would prefer to ignore unless you have good solid background and time to deal with the hassle. Alas, there is a way to report anonymously to police in cases against goons.

Bangalore is getting increasingly notorious for road side robberies. My office is in a relatively secluded stretch, 2 km away from a busy highway. In the last two years, three of our employees have been robbed by thugs on two wheelers. In one of the case, victim was stripped and beaten very badly. Since then, our company started a private patrol service to ensure safety of employees. Such are the state of affairs of law and order :( in our society.

In your case it is a daylight assault. Disheartening to see no one came for help, so in general, the normal public are very scared to stop and we need to defend ourselves.

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 4th March 2020 at 10:37.
Thermodynamics is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 10:27   #45
Senior - BHPian

Sad and scary incident. Didn't they appear like delivery boys with certain uniform?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th March 2020 at 10:29. Reason: spelling corrected
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks