Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2020, 15:44   #76
BHPian

re: Miscreants assault me & damage my car (EDIT: accused now in police custody)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Courtesy to a TeamBHP fan who noticed the thread, and connected the victim with channel Anyways good to know that this has got some media attention and builds awareness as well as help bring culprits to justice.
I was just going to ask him to contact the media (print and video) and share the footage. Good to know this is in place as it will certainly help put pressure on the authorities to act swiftly and bring them to justice. Whatever the reason, such blatant acts of lawlessness should be punished making an example to prevent future incidences.
luvDriving is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 15:47   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I would like to appraise you all about a situation that I encountered yesterday while returning from office.
Hey Thilak29,

Thank God you're safe and kudos to the way you handled the situation.

Since you have already done all you can, in these situations, have patience and follow up regularly with police. As some people have already suggested, please get in touch with a lawyer and pursue this forward. Such actions must be punished.

One suggestion I can make is that if you feel that the police are not supporting you and their investigation or whatever is not moving forward, visit the Bangalore City Commissioner at his office. I have heard that he takes such matters very seriously and is very strict. And of course, get well soon and get back on the road.

Thanks,
BR

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th March 2020 at 12:53. Reason: Minor spacing
BoothRoyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 16:11   #78
BHPian

Update

I am indebted to this forum and social media for the volume of support poured in. I am at loss of words to thank everyone for the concern expressed and advises offered.

I moved few strings using contacts from family and friends and as I type in I am told they have identified the attacker and are pursuing the matter with utmost attention and visibility across department.

My Vehicle reached ASC and I was assured full support , interestingly a gentleman walks up to me and shows his phone screen with this thread open and asks if It is indeed me who got involved, I had a pleasant chat and realized world is indeed small.

A friend of my brother called me asking if my number can be shared with a news channel reporter and I agreed. In next one hour I had at least 5 different regional channels calling me and asking specifics and footage copies. I shared details and refused in person interview (except telephonic). Intention here is not to get famous but let the community know the aspects of event and safety in general. I am told multiple TV channels covered the episode and I watched two of them (some factual errors were present, nevertheless) so far.

I am feeling better as pain and swelling has reduced a bit but blood clot stains are yet to vanish. I may extend leave for couple of days. On a lighter note, Answering calls and messages needs even more patience than enduring this incident.

One such News coverage link -

Last edited by Thilak29 : 4th March 2020 at 16:21.
Thilak29 is offline   (63) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 16:17   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Thilak, this is really a crazy incident. You managed to keep so calm, if it were me I would have gone straight at them with risk to limb and life unfortunately.

Would you remember what language they spoke? I am not trying to start an outsider war here, but they don't seem to look like locals.
Who are locals? Why do you want to classify a crime by region or language? The migrant population in Bangalore includes all class of people. It would be wise to concentrate on miscreants.The video should include the visuals of victim's car passing by the bar. This video is not conclusive to give clean chit to the victim.
deehunk is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 16:19   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Update

I am indebted to this forum and social media for the volume of support poured in. I am at loss of words to thank everyone for the concern expressed and advises offered.
I feel terrible that this happened to you, I wish you recover from the trauma you faced quickly. Do not let this go and make sure the donkeys suffer for what they have done. You kept your calm and faced them. I would've lost my patience at the first instance itself but hats off to you for not doing anything to escalate the matter at that point.

Dash cam is a must accessory in India now.

Team-BHP is a life saver, BHPians here are like a family and see the family came to your assistance in whichever way they can. This is the reason I love TBHP.

Take care and Drive safe.

Regards
Shivraj

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th March 2020 at 12:56. Reason: Minor spacing
ShivrajG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 16:33   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
This video is not conclusive to give clean chit to the victim.
If you refer to one of the first pages, the victim had mentioned that he did not brush, ram or did anything unusual to the bikers. Sometimes we have to go by the face value and need not be the jury here.
balenoed_ is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 16:34   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Who are locals? Why do you want to classify a crime by region or language? The migrant population in Bangalore includes all class of people. It would be wise to concentrate on miscreants.The video should include the visuals of victim's car passing by the bar. This video is not conclusive to give clean chit to the victim.
I don't agree with you.

Irrespective of what had happened between the two parties, it is illegal to attack a person and his property with an intention to harm and damage. This could have turned far more dangerous if the injury was on the head.

Even if the OP has hit the two wheeler there is absolutely no justification for the miscreants to attack him.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th March 2020 at 12:56. Reason: Minor spacing
speedmiester is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 16:46   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The video should include the visuals of victim's car passing by the bar. This video is not conclusive to give clean chit to the victim.
While this video will be available I am sure, I would always back a fellow BHPian and his claims as default. I owe this to the spirit of the community. Also, with Police verifying the details, I think there is already sufficient due diligence which has been carried out.
2000rpm is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 16:46   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your comment, indeed language or any other descriptor must be kept out of this incident.

Unfortunately, the footage from bar is not in my custody and when we reviewed in the presence of police , incident is not recorded. Going forward, I will see if I can carry a body cam all the time in addition to dash cam to provide even better / sufficient evidence and come ‘clean’. I am glad that I survived to narrate the tale and warn fellow members and public at large of safety concerns.

PS - I can also place the entire footage from the office gate exit to first flag down instance to prove I drove safely.

Last edited by Thilak29 : 4th March 2020 at 16:49.
Thilak29 is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 16:55   #85
BHPian

Quote:
....This video is not conclusive to give clean chit to the victim.
So you imply that by his words or actions the victim might have invited the attack? Is there any hypothetical situation you can think of where an attack of this sort would be justified? Also, is there any legal loophole where the attackers would be let off the hook by proving that their attack was justified?

This sort of victim blaming is the reason people are wary of putting incidents like these out in the open.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th March 2020 at 12:57. Reason: Minor spacing
Roy.S is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 16:58   #86
BHPian

From before I became a Team Bhp member in the Bangalore traffic thread (confirmed to be done by uneducated and uncivilized local criminals):

Quote:
Shivraj, you are still learning the first steps in Bangalore. I as a localite have been pissed off with the behavior of students who come to Bangalore in the name of education. I was living in a peaceful area till the invasion came, the students of certain country and one of our neighbouring state often get close to each other because of their religious belief. In one year they have created a hell, police cannot act against them, their influence has spread to nearby places around Peenya, Mahalakshmi layout, Hesaraghatta and Rajajinagar. The areas around Thanisandra, LR Puram, Horamavu, Kammanahalli are the worst affected areas. Their modus operandi is sell drugs, prostitution, modify bikes and cars, drink heavily and roam the streets at midnight, create all kinds of nuisance and abuse neighbours. This is the other side of Bangalore, though I am sorry about your experience, Bangalore is no longer a place of only Kannada speaking people. I am sure within a month you will realise how people drive all over you in Bangalore. These drivers are Indians, no discrimination on the basis of state and language.
And now when another case of road rage takes place in Namma Bengaluru:

Quote:
In both these instances I commend your almost instinctive response towards protecting kannada pride (although it goes beyond my understanding why you seem to think that you can make assumptions about people from another state or country by their skin color - evident from the mod edit note for the first post quoted but seem to suddenly become sanctimonious when it's against your state).

To the OP, no matter what transpired before this attack most people here have enough common sense to understand that normal people who work hard and contribute something to society don't go around assaulting personal property and others for road rage incidents. That is the sole domain of criminals.
JithinR is offline   (48) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 17:13   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your comment, indeed language or any other descriptor must be kept out of this incident.

PS - I can also place the entire footage from the office gate exit to first flag down instance to prove I drove safely.
Hi Thilak,

I heard you telling the news channel that you have the complete footage of your commute from your office till the time you were stopped.

I was just going to post requesting if it was possible to post the complete footage here. Then I see your post and you are willing to do just that.

Could you please post it so that it clears the air completely for people who think you might have done something to instigate them.

Note: Even if Thilak had rammed into them head on and their bike broken into pieces, this kind of behaviour is not justified by any means and law should take its course.

Last edited by Nalin1 : 4th March 2020 at 17:18.
Nalin1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 17:15   #88
BHPian

Hey Thilak29,

Sorry for what happened to you, but appreciate the fact your composure ensured no serious trouble to you. It will take a few days to get out of this mental trauma, but I wish you a speedy recovery. All the best with your legal proceedings on nabbing the culprits.

I went through a similar ordeal in late 2015, this happened near HCG after taking a left turn from Pallavi theatre junction, heart of the city, Bengaluru. I was returning back home from work alone in my car. At the junction I noticed an elderly guy in his scooter blocking me and taking a good look at the Car's inside. I ignored. I had no clue about the events that unfolded later.

Having driven from ITPL all the way, bothered by the traffic and the drive, I had accidentally put my phone with GMaps running on the passanger's seat of my Honda City, instead of the cup holder next to my left knee, where I would usually keep.

As usual, the roads were packed as it was just after sunset on a working day. The guy who looked into my car led me till a certain distance and took off. Traffic comes to a halt at the HCG junction due to the red light, before taking turn to Lalbagh road. One guy in his 20's maybe, crosses the road in front of my car and unusually, goes towards the left of my car rather than going to the other side of the road, I notice him going too close to my car. At this point the signal turns green and I move forward at snails pace. Soon after, he starts banging the passenger side window glass. I lower the glass a little, to listen to him and he accuses me of brushing him. I am talking to him and meanwhile distraction at the other side, Chaos!.

One other guy in the similar age group, starts knocking the driver side window glass hard with his ring on one of his fingers. I look at the other side and lower the glass on the Driver's side and start talking to him. He claims to be an acquaintance of the guy on the left and starts to speak for him. I, in a very bad mood ask him to shut his mouth and leave, raise the driver side window and turn towards the guy on my left. In all that confusion I forget to raise the passenger side window glass before attending to the distraction on the right.

This guy who accused me of brushing him, all of a sudden warns me and leaves in a hurry. With people behind honking and yelling at me, to move, I take off, with a sigh of relief.

At Urvashi signal, with an intention to find the traffic situation in Krumbigal road, I look for my phone and Voila, phone's missing.

While my education and Career failed all this time, some random people on street with a very well choreographed act, proved me a fool. In less than, 15 to 20 minutes I lost my then, brand new Samsung Note II and pride.

Filed a FIR with the police for a replacement SIM. The police said anything else would be of no use as the robbers completely dis-assemble the phone and sell part by part and it is impossible to trace the phone. I had no dashcam or proof of any kind to identify the culprits.

Trouble makers look for the vulnerabilities and take advantage to make the most of it. Reason for such mishaps could be anything. I urge all of us in the cities to be a little cautious while travelling alone, especially after work.
Fan@Automotive is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 17:49   #89
Team-BHP Support

I hope these jokers get arrested asap. There's enough data there for police to zero in on on the miscreants.

Very sorry to hear of your ordeal.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 18:38   #90
BHPian

Hi Thilak, Hope you get over the physical and mental trauma caused by this incident soon. Like all the other members here who love our car/bike I can't imagine the pain that you had to go through. Hope all the well meant thoughts and advise you received here has helped to ease your pain a bit. Good to know the authorities are taking this seriously and the main stream media/social media attention which helps. Please keep updating till the culprits are brought to book. I have shared this in all my WhatsApp groups to create maximum awareness and if it can help in identifying the thugs soon. Take care!
Santosh.Kat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks