Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2020, 12:10   #31
BHPian

Re: Over 600 road crashes recorded in India during the lockdown

Another accident & death from Mumbai.

Deceased has been identified as Hitesh Golchha, in a Jaguar, he was also involved in an Jaguar accident in 2018.

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/mumb...w/75728256.cms

Same person but 2018 case :

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/stor...232-2018-07-24

Last edited by ritz3645 : 14th May 2020 at 12:16. Reason: Typo
Old 14th May 2020, 15:03   #32
BHPian

I am not surprised. I am a medic and have been commuting 40 kms one way almost every working day during the lockdown. Most of my commute involves the NH and it has been fabulous with empty roads for the first 4 weeks of the lockdown. I must say I enjoyed every bit of the empty roads and it was the highlight of my lockdown days.

But of late, I see a lot of people who are driving and riding bikes like they have never learnt how to. Trucks and other slower vehicles latch on to the fast lane and do not move and other road users who are driving like there is no tomorrow. People jay walking across the highway, bikes taking sudden U turns, vehicles stopping all off a sudden in middle of the road and what not.
For some reason I see plenty of cars with the 'L 'board as well. Maybe they think that the relatively free roads are an invitation to learn driving before things return back to normal.

These numbers of accidents are still small compared to the 400 odd per day RTA deaths which were happening prior to the pandemic hitting us. That is 400 per day, compare that to the case fatalities from the virus, and it puts things into perspective. Hope something is done to reduce those numbers in the near future. That figure is far too high and being an Orthopaedician I do encounter a few of those.

Cheerio!
alphadog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2020, 15:42   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

A driver ferrying people is killed in an accident hours after being interviewed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks