Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2020, 09:00   #256
Senior - BHPian

re: Global NCAP tests Kia Seltos, i10 Nios and S-Presso. All three perform badly

Talk about the irony of these taglines!

Global NCAP tests Kia Seltos, i10 Nios and S-Presso. All three perform badly-screenshot-20201112-085540.jpg

Global NCAP tests Kia Seltos, i10 Nios and S-Presso. All three perform badly-screenshot-20201112-085502.jpg

Global NCAP tests Kia Seltos, i10 Nios and S-Presso. All three perform badly-screenshot-20201112-085708.jpg

Each of those can be seen in a very different light now!
deetjohn is offline   (64) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 09:06   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Global NCAP tests Kia Seltos, i10 Nios and S-Presso. All three perform badly

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Talk about the irony of these taglines!

Each of those can be seen in a very different light now!
Absolute oxymorons the taglines are for Nios and S-presso (weird car weird name).

Kia really surprised everyone out there. Maruti as a company should be ashamed of itself for making stupid statements such as GNCAP is monopoly, so be it for the tests they do. Why crib about how tough was the question paper when you prepared for it poorly. Bunch of morons at Maruti.
nkrishnap is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 09:08   #258

I too agree with several views about including car safety rating score as part of team-bhp reviews. We can add them once they are available. It's pathetic that Maruthi Suzuki is trying to discard the rating process itself. It will be interesting to see if Suzuki is doing the same at Japan/other developed nations, I don't think they will dare that.
powerdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 09:09   #259
BHPian

When Maruthi Suzuki says all their newer cars comply with the new government regulations on car safety, what exactly are those regulations? Are newer cars being crash tested by anybody else? I haven’t come across any such news, other than MS repeatedly saying all their cars comply with Bharat crash test regulations!
Sebzgeo89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 09:22   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebzgeo89 View Post
When Maruthi Suzuki says all their newer cars comply with the new government regulations on car safety, what exactly are those regulations? Are newer cars being crash tested by anybody else? I haven’t come across any such news, other than MS repeatedly saying all their cars comply with Bharat crash test regulations!
Must be talking about this:

GipsyDanger is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 09:38   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
This guy from car and bike almost sounds like a Kia employee who is giving an explanation.
Seriously though I can't find a single automotive news YouTube channel (other than the digusting video put out by carandbike) who has published this news. Are they waiting for KIA to give the go ahead?

I don't understand why the Team-BHP review hasn't been updated yet. Afterall, this is a solid standardized test whose results KIA can't deny unlike the brake failure issues reported which KIA can try to dismiss with some excuses.

We should be upholding ourselves to better standards than Autocar India and the like.

If we have to get the next KIA car from actual customers to review then so be it.
JithinR is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 09:47   #262
BHPian

Sad to see Maruti's response, and at the same time it irks me. The Maruti's and Koreans should grow a spine and tell the world that this is how they've designed it, rather than claiming that we comply with everything government mandates. We don't know what the government mandates, and then there's no proof whatsoever.

My respect for Tata and Mahindra has gone up immensely after reading this thread. Remembering Anand Mahindra's tweet when Tata's trumped the GNCAP tests. And he indeed walked his talk.

Quote:
Big shout out and congratulations to Tata Motors for this achievement. We will join them in proving that ‘Made in India’ is second to none.
See how a Dacia spokesperson responded when he was asked about the 3 star Euro NCAP rating of Duster (where it is a low cost car). Logical and Graceful !

Quote:
"Aiming for four or five stars would have meant equipping Duster with a range of recent driving aids and technology and that would have made the car more expensive and more complex to drive," said the Romanian car manufacturer. "That is not consistent with the vehicle’s positioning.”
As fellow BHPians said, in the official reviews we make it a point to associate "inconsistent service experience and niggles" with the European and Indian make cars. Why not see Maruti and Koreans in the same light when it comes to safety and engineering (including brakes) failures.

Last edited by xjosephjacob : 12th November 2020 at 10:01.
xjosephjacob is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 09:56   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
A two million rupee car is unable to get more than three stars. What the hell is the excuse at this price point?

It's just shameful and unbecoming of the Hyundai-KIA group. I hope they respond positively with product improvements.
More worrying is that the structure itself is unstable. Passive safety complement Active safety.
extreme_torque is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 09:59   #264
BHPian

I am feeling terrible about this since I have literally forced three people to buy the Seltos one being my younger brother. Showed them how well the seltos compares to my compass and give them false hope about safety.

Don't really know how to share this news with them. Since my brother does a lot of driving "Work related" thinking of exchanging my Compass with his Seltos.

Kia has really screwed the pooch on this one.
ajaiD is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 10:02   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

Note to mods.

The evidence is in hand and it speaks loud and clear.

Questionable safety. 3(or 2 or whatever) star rated by GNCAP with unstable body structure.

This statement needs to be added to the list of negatives in the official reviews of the Seltos, Spresso and Nios. We must maintain our standards of objectiveness.

The Seltos result needs to find a mention in the Creta review as well. Ditto for the Aura with the Nios result.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 12th November 2020 at 10:04.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 10:04   #266
BHPian

Re: Global NCAP tests Kia Seltos, i10 Nios and S-Presso. All three perform badly

Am surprised how the Ertiga has scored better in occupant and child safety than the Seltos. Does that essential mean that the XL6 is also better in safety compared to the 2 air bag equipped Seltos?

@leoshashi what do you think?
lionell is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 10:07   #267
BHPian

Re: Global NCAP tests Kia Seltos, i10 Nios and S-Presso. All three perform badly

I'm thinking of leaving my number with Kia dealers for a TD. When they call to explain the features to me, I will ask them about the brake failure issues and crash test rating and then tell them that I don't even want to TD a car which is unsafe. Maybe this way, the word will reach to the top guys. No matter how much we bash them on the forum, they are not going to move an inch as long as they continue to sell in large numbers.
rags.singh is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 10:10   #268
BANNED

Re: Global NCAP tests Kia Seltos, I10 nios and S-Presso. All three perform badly.

Hardly an unnexpected news atleast for me. Some people might feel a bit irritated about 3 stars scored by Kia Seltos. But somehow I expected just 2 or 3 stars for any Kia/Hyundai car in India, considering their previous safety score history. Sad news is it has barely reached 3 stars.

But all said and done, I don't see any sales impact of these rating. Those who have a penchant for these popular cars would hardly care. Anyways even as a short term impact, I don't think people would cancel their bookings especially when they may be waiting to welcome their new cars in festive season. Especially those who buy MS Espresso as an SUV and as a first car.

Happy to be proven wrong, but we Indians have very short term memory and strong herd urge to do what our neighbours or relatives do. We as a a market are happier to choose features than virtues. Sad.
Old 12th November 2020, 10:11   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
The Hyundai group is turning out to be one big fraud group in India. Selling skeleton cars with fancy clothes at exorbitant prices. And the newest skeletal joke is the i20 at 13 lakh rupees.
If Maruti can be called Tincan, Hyundai/Kia should be called Blingcan, their highest rating so far has been 3 stars.
giri1.8 is online now   (40) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 10:16   #270
BHPian

Re: Global NCAP tests Kia Seltos, I10 nios and S-Presso. All three perform badly.

A king once starts touring his kingdom. Few representatives run ahead of the king's retinue, taking care of preparation for king's reception at each base. Interestingly, every place, they make sure to emphasize that the king is fond of sweet.

At first halt in morning, king is served with 'rabdi/jalebi'. Perfect!
The second halt is where he has lunch. They serve him 'butter chicken' which is mildly sweet. Nice!
Lastly for evening snacks, someone in his infinite wisdom decides to serve 'anda bhurji' with lot of added sugar as "king likes sweet".

This is what is happening with all the advertisement of the safety and airbags from media representatives. For adding the sugar to a dish, firstly, the basic compositions has to be right. You can't just add sugar for the sake sweetness. Some one needs to say this - adding airbags is not going to add to safety unless the structure underneath is strong enough.
akshye is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks