Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2020, 09:04   #451
BHPian

Re: Global NCAP tests Kia Seltos, i10 Nios and S-Presso. All three perform badly

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post

Attachment 2079687

The best for the last. A journalist as well known as Renuka Kirplani posting such irrelevant and logic defying replies:
Attachment 2079694
Shocking, to say the least. Such a senior auto journalist and such bias. I am literally shocked and I no longer view her and Autocar in the same way I used to. If it was Tata or Mahindra which got 3 stars these same people would be crucifying them on instagram.

Last edited by SaiSW : 13th November 2020 at 09:05.
SaiSW is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 09:11   #452
Senior - BHPian

Re: Global NCAP tests Kia Seltos, i10 Nios and S-Presso. All three perform badly

For me, the key take away from this thread is -

The only cars that could be deemed safe are the ones that are GNCAP tested, have achieved 4-5 stars and have a stable body shell.

It would be great if the GNCAP tests Harrier,Ecosport, Kicks, Magnite, Triber etc., phew!! the list is endless.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 09:15   #453
BHPian

So, my friends at the end of the story no one knows which car is totally safe. Even if it gets 5 stars you never know if the car sent for testing is the same version being sold.

So maybe its time to get those bull bars and crash guards back into the business. Since the structure is already unstable how does it matter how many air bags it has. Hence how does it matter if the airbags open flawlessly or not. Just thinking aloud.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 09:19   #454
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
So maybe its time to get those bull bars and crash guards back into the business. Since the structure is already unstable how does it matter how many air bags it has. Hence how does it matter if the airbags open flawlessly or not. Just thinking aloud.
Three and two stars will become zero stars after the bull bar installation.
anb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 09:28   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post

Maybe time for someone to design bull bars that have airbag sensors on them or can be retrofitted with OEM airbag sensors for the particular vehicle so that the crash can be detected even with bullbars
ZenMaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 09:31   #456
BHPian

Tata takes a clever and more than well deserved dig at the espresso failure
If anybody else has posted this already, moderators kindly remove this post.

https://www.rushlane.com/tata-motors...-12383251.html
Attached Thumbnails
Global NCAP tests Kia Seltos, i10 Nios and S-Presso. All three perform badly-tatamotorstakesadigmarutispresso1068x601.jpg  

Last edited by SaiSW : 13th November 2020 at 09:33.
SaiSW is offline   (43) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 09:39   #457
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos, Grand i10 Nios and Maruti S-Presso crash tested! Disappointing results!

Regarding the S-Presso, Car & Bike mentioned having only driver bag straight away marks it as 0-star. Correct me if am wrong here.
Adding Seat Belt Pretensioner and passenger airbag would have helped a bit? Hope people buy the double airbag variants.
Quote:
ADULT OCCUPANT
The protection offered to the driver and passenger heads was good. Driver’s neck showed adequate protection and passenger’s neck showed poor protection which explains the zero stars.
Although the structure was rated unstable, from the looks of it, it was so much better compared to the very first set of Indian cars tested. So, I do believe Maruti has strengthened the body at least a bit compared to the alto's. Hope they do better in the future and not that they can't, as they have with the Brezza.

While I don't support Maruti at all, maybe the users do see it as good for the INTENDED use and we can't blame them for it.

And for KIA Seltos, well, expected better from them. But other than the unstable body, think the higher variants with more airbags would help slightly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Don't hold your breath. Mahindras only crash tested car is a rebranded Korean car.
"The new Mahindra Marazzo is the first Indian made MPV to get 4 stars, the highest yet for this segment."
ganesc is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 09:39   #458
Senior - BHPian

I sincerely hope they test creta with the panoramic roof.

On a side note, when I sold my "cannot break" car, I just thought, "man this thing is good only for crashing"
giri1.8 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 09:41   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
No manufacturer is a saint. Tata was accused of adding reinforcements only on driver side to pass NCAP testing since they don't do overlap crash testing on passenger side.
Would love to get more information on this. As far as I recall, it was Renault who cheated on the crash tests by providing reinforcements only on one side. GNCAP caught this blatant cheating and called it out specifically. Would be surprised to see Tata doing something similar, but if they have done it, their actions need to be condemned equally.

Quote:
The new Kwid without an airbag scored zero stars in the adult occupant protection and two stars in child occupant protection. The structure did not collapse however it was rated as unstable and that it could not withstand further loadings. It was possible to see the structural reinforcements implemented in this version of the Kwid but when Global NCAP checked the left (passenger) side, there were no reinforcements. The structure was reinforced only on the driver side.
Source: http://www.globalncap.org/zero-stars...p-crash-tests/

That said I agree, it is not a manufacturer, but the individual car that is safety rated e.g. Altroz and Nexon are safe cars while Harrier may or may NOT be safe enough. However, when 4 of 5 cars in your portfolio have been crash tested with good results, it does bode well for the manufacturer. At least safety is on their priority list.

Last edited by GTO : 13th November 2020 at 10:34. Reason: No discussion on Moderator activities please
sachinayak is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 09:52   #460
BANNED

Slightly off-topic: I feel the title of this thread on the homepage is toned down to a good extent. It just reads "Seltos, i10 and S-Presso in GNAP". It should have read "Seltos, i10 and S-Presso fail to deliver at GNAP".
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 09:57   #461
BHPian

Global NCAP has not released the videos showing side impact tests being conducted on Seltos, Grand I10. Only three cars have been shown with side impact tests being conducted and they are Nexon, Altroz and XUV300. And what stands out is the crash test rating of Altroz which scores higher than Nexon and just below XUV300. Amazing result for a car which retails from 5.44 lakhs! The next gen Nexon will be based on this same Alpha platform and it will surely surpass the Altroz in crash ratings.
Attached Thumbnails
Global NCAP tests Kia Seltos, i10 Nios and S-Presso. All three perform badly-screenshot_20201112084031.png  

Global NCAP tests Kia Seltos, i10 Nios and S-Presso. All three perform badly-screenshot_20201112084124.png  

Global NCAP tests Kia Seltos, i10 Nios and S-Presso. All three perform badly-screenshot_20201112084157.png  

Global NCAP tests Kia Seltos, i10 Nios and S-Presso. All three perform badly-screenshot_20201112084245.png  

Global NCAP tests Kia Seltos, i10 Nios and S-Presso. All three perform badly-screenshot_20201112084342.png  

Global NCAP tests Kia Seltos, i10 Nios and S-Presso. All three perform badly-screenshot_20201112084313.png  

Last edited by Aditya : 15th November 2020 at 08:37. Reason: Typo
damodar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 10:03   #462
Senior - BHPian

I have always wondered why it is that every time there is a thread on the shortcomings of a manufacturer it eventually descends into heated, often chaotic, arguments and personalities - occasionally use of inappropriate language as well.
Can't we put out points of view without so much of high voltage emotions? After all it is not religion or politics that we are debating (highly volatile subjects).
Oh yes - before I forget to put in my 2 cents - I am terribly disappointed in the 'Indian' Seltos rating but am not really surprised by it.
wilful is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 10:36   #463
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishen.padiyar View Post
Slightly off-topic: I feel the title of this thread on the homepage is toned down to a good extent.
30-character limit (sometimes 31 - depending on character width) on the hot threads index, including spaces. Your suggested title won't fit.

No, we don't tone down anything. Search through some earlier cracker threads & check their titles out. Team-BHP doesn't pull any punches. Heck, do check the title of this thread!

Would be awesome if you "ask" first instead of "accusing" anyone of toning down.

Last edited by GTO : 13th November 2020 at 10:41.
GTO is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 10:42   #464
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
30-character limit (sometimes 31 - depending on character width) on the hot threads index, including spaces.
Thanks for the quick clarification GTO!

Quote:
Would be awesome if you "ask" first instead of "accusing" anyone of toning down.
Feedback acknowledged
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 10:46   #465
Senior - BHPian

@wilful what's more, the discussion is losing objectivity-which can only be established with facts. Honda niggles are facts. Seltos braking issues of certain variants under certain circumstances as well as 3 stars are facts. Brezza 4 stars are facts, Altroz 5 stars are facts and Compass/Creta/Harrier-NO test is also a fact.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks