Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2021, 17:47   #46
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite scores 4-stars in ASEAN NCAP crash test

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosem123 View Post
Don't you all think the killer pricing by Nissan is attributed to the company compromising in terms of features somewhere? Is it not the manufacturer's last ditch effort to remain in the country after having tried all?
It can be the other way round also - the other cars in the segment can be overpriced. And Nissan is not offering many features like Sun roof, Auto Headlamps, rains sensing wipers etc to name a few; and definitely Magnite is not a tablet on wheels.

Seems like they haven't compromised on the body (though not sure about the details of ASEAN NCAP; let's wait for GNCAP for final verdict), interior plastics they have saved some monies. Where else do you think cost cutting might be done?

Last edited by dudevarkey : 4th January 2021 at 17:48.
dudevarkey is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 19:22   #47
BHPian

Its proved multiple times that "Made in India" and "Made for India" are two different things.

But Rakesh Srivastava has confirmed that Magnite will get GNCAP tested as per autocar report. Since he is confident , me too speculating a 3+ star on report which could boost the hype further.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...mped-up-419555
5252rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 19:22   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudevarkey View Post
It can be the other way round also - the other cars in the segment can be overpriced. And Nissan is not offering many features like Sun roof, Auto Headlamps, rains sensing wipers etc to name a few; and definitely Magnite is not a tablet on wheels.

Seems like they haven't compromised on the body (though not sure about the details of ASEAN NCAP; let's wait for GNCAP for final verdict), interior plastics they have saved some monies. Where else do you think cost cutting might be done?
Well said. It's really funny how people's mindset works in this country. Here is a company trying its best to get back in the game after over-a-decade's bungling, by selling a fully-loaded product at bargain basement price and people are doubting it. But they have absolutely no qualms about queueing up to buy over-priced AND under-specced cars from a a very successful rival.
pgsagar is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 21:19   #49
BHPian

Really commendable job by nissan,Affordable and relatively safe car by nissan. We should understand majority of people want affordable and safe cars. and not a gizmo with features that cost a bomb and serve no useful purpose other than showoff.
Hyundai, kia and maruti will saying to themselves why we did not think of above concept earlier.
navrddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 22:26   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Don't you all think the killer pricing by Nissan is attributed to the company compromising in terms of features somewhere?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudevarkey View Post
It can be the other way round also - the other cars in the segment can be overpriced.
This thread speaks volume
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...st-1-year.html (Kia achieves operating profit in just 1 year)
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 23:17   #51
BHPian

Exactly, Kia might be taking really fat margins. And I don't understand the mindset of people who buy a Sub Compact SUV paying more than 15L. Heard some comments like they purchased it because it can be started with phone/ key fob; because it has sunroof etc.
We buy cars to show it off, not considering individual usage patterns. The old Onida tagline just struck me - Neighbour's Envy, Owner's Pride!

Last edited by dudevarkey : 4th January 2021 at 23:21.
dudevarkey is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 01:16   #52
BHPian

Would be great if the same rating applies to the Indian Magnite. Honest pricing with respectable safety ratings would definitely change the future for Nissan in India.

It's high time the Korean siblings stop taking us for granted with respect to safety and pricing.
Breathe2drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 01:57   #53
BHPian

There is a whole bunch of Vloggers out there, poking the Magnite, running the thumb test on it.. there are in even comparison videos with the Baleno on how much each body panel flexes on each. I've never seen such enthusiasm in understanding panel flex for any other car.

I still hate that ugly gap behind the rear wheel, a plastic cladding would helped cover that unfinished look.
anand.shankar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 11:08   #54
BHPian

Everything aside.. Car performance, space etc.. A bigger worry is very few dealerships, which is somehow not being talked about here, I think. If I speak of Delhi NCR, there are just 3- 1 in Delhi, 1 in Gurgaon, and 1 in Noida. With the rising number of bookings, how do you all feel the company will cope? Not taking into account the reaquirements for servicing and spare parts..
Old 5th January 2021, 11:19   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Everything aside.. Car performance, space etc.. A bigger worry is very few dealerships, which is somehow not being talked about here, I think. If I speak of Delhi NCR, there are just 3- 1 in Delhi, 1 in Gurgaon, and 1 in Noida. With the rising number of bookings, how do you all feel the company will cope? Not taking into account the reaquirements for servicing and spare parts..
Dealership count between Nissan & Kia (when they entered our market) is no big difference and still Kia managed with good number of sales. To me (and most of us) quality (product and service) matters a lot than quantity.

PS: I do agree Nissan is in our market for over a decade now and the dealership count is very less, but the numbers are increasing.
Mr.Boss is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 11:55   #56
BHPian

The problem here is of a slightly different nature as opposed to Kia, which has only gone northwards. Nissan had a decent number of dealerships, but most of them have closed down. I believe it's a little stupid to not get the dealerships functioning and launching the model
Old 7th January 2021, 13:31   #57
BHPian

ASEAN NCAP still doesn't have the test result for Nissan Magnite up on their site. Nissan India's website doesn't brag about the rating either.

How long does it usually take for ASEAN NCAP to publish the report? With news that Altroz won't be coming with a DCT even on January 13th I am now looking at the Magnite with renewed interest.

Last edited by JithinR : 7th January 2021 at 13:54. Reason: Corrected sentence
Old 13th January 2021, 09:17   #58
BHPian

Everywhere I search for Magnite Crash Test it says details awaited! Not getting why it's taking so much time. Anyone knows how much time it usually takes for reports to be published after tests are done?
Old 19th January 2021, 17:17   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is the video of the Nissan Magnite released by the ASEAN NCAP.

Nissan Magnite scores 4-stars in ASEAN NCAP crash test-b1bab79ff23649d6a324a047f8223c7a.jpeg

Nissan Magnite scores 4-stars in ASEAN NCAP crash test-d1fe7728134448989b39b1d1073c349a.jpeg

Nissan Magnite scores 4-stars in ASEAN NCAP crash test-532b6717cd3347e1964a98c9dca2fedc.jpeg

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 19th January 2021 at 17:26.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 17:44   #60
rpm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Here is the video of the Nissan Magnite released by the ASEAN NCAP.
A 4 star rated car with a stable body shell. Very impressive from Nissan, at least for the Indonesian variant. I can't help but wonder if the weak driver chest protection in frontal impact took away a possible 5 star rating. Everything else seems fairly good, including the body shell stability.

Last edited by rpm : 19th January 2021 at 17:46.
rpm is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks