Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2021, 23:36   #61
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite scores 4-stars in ASEAN NCAP crash test

Attaching the PDF report of the test results for everybody's reference.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Nissan-Magnite-Digital-Report-19-Jan-2021.pdf (1.61 MB, 362 views)
shankha007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 10:52   #62
BHPian

Ok to be honest I am really surprised that Maginte managed stable body shell. I had zero expectations on crash tests for this vehicle. For some reason I thought it can hardly get 2-3 stars. Kudos to Nissan engineers for pulling this .

Having said that, it would be interesting to compare it with GNCAP results. If it scores the same in it, then I would be really impressed and will be suggesting to my family and friends proudly who are looking for a sub 4m SUV.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 11:02   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Ok to be honest I am really surprised that Maginte managed stable body shell. I had zero expectations on crash tests for this vehicle. For some reason I thought it can hardly get 2-3 stars. Kudos to Nissan engineers for pulling this .

Having said that, it would be interesting to compare it with GNCAP results. If it scores the same in it, then I would be really impressed and will be suggesting to my family and friends proudly who are looking for a sub 4m SUV.
Rakesh Srivastava himself confirmed that the Magnite tested was indeed the same India-spec model in a live interview IIRC.
Thank god, this was not a cheap marketing trick and indeed a genuine crash safety rating. I doubted Nissan as the report came out late. Can anyone elaborate as to why crash test reports take a while to appear in the real world? The news of the Magnite scoring 4 stars came about a month ago.
saikishor is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 14:47   #64
BHPian

This will add one more reason in turning the tides for Nissan by Magnite. It is really a "Thumbs Up" to all the Nissan Engineers to bring this level of safety in this small car.
fearless_IN is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 11:14   #65
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 25th January 2021 at 07:42.
Vijay T is offline   Received Infraction
Old 24th January 2021, 12:38   #66
BHPian

So silly question but since the Magnite is based on the Renault Triber CMF-A platform, does this mean we can expect the same result for the Triber (which hasn't been tested anywhere yet for some silly reason) or is it the fact that besides the platform, the body panels of Magnite is stronger? Although I recall the kerb weight is almost the same i.e. between 950 to 1050 kg right?
Old 24th January 2021, 20:08   #67

I personally believe that it will be game changer for NISSAN considering it's features and the 4 star rating. They have really learnt the recipe from TATA and have understood the needs of Indian customers. Considering the legendary manufacturers they are, they deserve a strong share in Indian market.
zing007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 09:47   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
So silly question but since the Magnite is based on the Renault Triber CMF-A platform, does this mean we can expect the same result for the Triber (which hasn't been tested anywhere yet for some silly reason) or is it the fact that besides the platform, the body panels of Magnite is stronger? Although I recall the kerb weight is almost the same i.e. between 950 to 1050 kg right?
I would say we should not expect the same result for the Triber. One fellow BHPian had posted a photo in this thread (or the Magnite thread) showing the presence of additional structural members at the front of the engine compartment of the Magnite. As far as I know, sharing the same platform does not necessarily mean that different car models will have similar structural integrity (or the lack of it).
k_kumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 11:42   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post
Rakesh Srivastava himself confirmed that the Magnite tested was indeed the same India-spec model in a live interview IIRC.
Could you please share a link. I have been looking for it, couldn't find it.
Old 17th February 2021, 19:48   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Could you please share a link. I have been looking for it, couldn't find it.
On Twitter, Nissan India is confirming this officially:
https://twitter.com/Nissan_India/sta...88974510854152
Attached Images

skarthiksr is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 20:51   #71
Senior - BHPian

If they are claiming that there is no difference between the Magnite sold here and the one tested by ANCAP, it is indeed good news.

But, I would still wait for the Global NCAP results. That should bring some uniformity while comparing with its counterparts.
Old 20th February 2021, 18:55   #72
Team-BHP Support

Nissan has confirmed that the Magnite sold in India has earned 4 stars in crash tests conducted by ASEAN NCAP. The company tweeted the message as a response to a question asking whether the ASEAN NCAP rating was applicable to cars sold in India as well.

Nissan Magnite scores 4-stars in ASEAN NCAP crash test-tweet.jpg

Earlier this year, we had reported that the Nissan Magnite had scored a 4-star rating in crash tests conducted by ASEAN NCAP. The car scored 39.02 points for adult occupant protection and 16.31 points for child occupant protection. In the Safety Assist category, the car scored 15.28 points, for an overall score of 70.60 points. However, it was unclear whether the car that was tested was the same as the one made and sold in India.

The Nissan Magnite was launched in India on December 2, 2020. It is based on the CMF-A+ platform and comes with safety features such as ABS with EBD and Brake Assist, dual airbags, Vehicle Dynamic Control, Traction Control, Hill Start Assist and Tyre Pressure Monitoring System.

The Magnite is available with two engine options - a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder, naturally aspirated petrol engine that puts out 71 BHP and 96 Nm and a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder turbo-petrol unit that makes 99 BHP and 160 Nm . Both engines are offered with a 5-speed manual transmission. Additionally, it is also be offered with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) mated to a 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine. In the CVT version, the torque has been limited to 152 Nm.

Thanks to Shridharshan for sending this information in.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Last edited by Aditya : 20th February 2021 at 18:59.
Aditya is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 19:36   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
However, it was unclear whether the car that was tested was the same as the one made and sold in India.

The Nissan Magnite was launched in India on December 2, 2020. It is based on the CMF-A+ platform and comes with safety features such as ABS with EBD and Brake Assist, dual airbags, Vehicle Dynamic Control, Traction Control, Hill Start Assist and Tyre Pressure Monitoring System.
A very reassuring news! Pleasant surprise and something to learn from, for other car makers that seem to shortchange our market.

This news/post probably can be a que to start another round of discussion on which one is more comprehensive - G-NCAP or ASEAN-NCAP . Something that I'd like to learn also as I don't know - will the rating be applicable for all trims of the Magnite/Kiger? Or a particular higher trim or something? I don't know how exactly the ASEAN ratings are calculated. Been a bit lazy/ignorant about it.
Reinhard is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 19:40   #74
Senior - BHPian

In my personal experience, cars like Sunny, Micra, Terrano have always felt "well built". My Micra weighed 900 odd kg, but felt solid inside out. I am not surprised if they have built the Magnite to a decently high standard. Kudos to Nissan India for making it official.
fhdowntheline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 21:59   #75
S2K
BHPian

If only had they announced it at launch, I would have bought it without any second thoughts. The safety aspect is the only factor that deterred me.
Still, kudos to them for developing a safe, well packaged car at such a price point, something that most other leading OEMs should learn!!
S2K is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed