Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2021, 17:16   #61
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 scores 5 stars in the GNCAP

Kudos to the Mahindra Team for this feat.

But, As a car enthusiast, I would really like to see the aftermath of an rear impact to the XUV 700 with its fibre back door. I know expecting this from the GNCAP is wrong, as they don't benchmark such scenarios, but to me when companies know of certain tests, in all probability OEM's will prepare the vehicle JUST to prepare to make the car fair well in the above mentioned tests.

Just for reference, VW could cheat the emission because they knew everyone would check for emissions under a specific guidelines.

Just, food for thought
MartinVirage is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 21:18   #62
BHPian

Hello... Maruti are you listening? Even after these 5 star crash test scoring cars it seems like Maruti has learned nothing.

I'm 100% sure that the new Celerio will score 0 star and I don't expect anything more than 1-2 star from upcoming Baleno.

Maybe the SUV which is developed with Toyota patnership will perform better in crash test.
BMW_Fan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 21:38   #63

Congratulations to Mahindra for coming out with flying colors in the frontal collision test !

One thing really intrigues me. It is the fact that nothing much has been revealed about the side impact test. In the video posted by GNCAP, it is evident that it was on the verge of rolling over, but in the video posted by Car & Bike, no damage is visible on the passenger side, except for the ORVM, which is quite weird. I think poor fit and finish caused the ORVM to just fling itself to oblivion. Neither did I get GNCAP's logic of disabling curtain airbags to "convert" it into a basic variant. Why can't they simply request Mahindra to send a basic variant in the first place? They surely can't be facing availability issues, now that the car has been on sale for a month or two (I guess).
Old 11th November 2021, 23:07   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Some BTS from the side impact test.

Shared by Siddharth Vinayak Patankar

Mahindra XUV700 scores 5 stars in the GNCAP-e213d680b27e4c4a83d0667c9692765d.jpeg

Last edited by vb-saan : 12th November 2021 at 17:18. Reason: Duplicate images removed
CEF_Beasts is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 10:56   #65
BHPian

Congratulations Mahindra!! Proud of our two desi giants whom are betting high on passenger safety with utmost dedication. Could have been easy for them to sit back and enjoy additional profits by removing reinforcements, downgrading steel guage, using low strength steel, betting on highest ARAI rating instead etc, but they chose the tough road and are consistently raising the safety benchmarks much much higher. Thank you guys, take a bow for giving us the much needed care and respect !

Now its scary to look at the borderline 3 stars of Kia SELTOS with the so called european thud for door shuts as well as the recent '0' star rating for the 1M+ units sold mighty heartect baleno reinforcing brands heritage.

Its time for GLOBAL NCAP to move on to the next level adopting tougher, relevant test criteria. Special mention deserves to Sidharth Vinayak Patankar (SVP) and NDTV Car and Bike show for risking their career and huge sponsorships to move against the tides and being the whistleblower for safety aspects of made in India cars.
TorqueIndia is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 15:52   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Some BTS from the side impact test.
Is this rollover NOT highlighted/considered in the safety rating because the car is actually stationary and possibly not powered for the test? Features like rollover mitigation would have helped only if the car was actually driving.
mandarpotdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 20:51   #67
BHPian

Found this video about side impact test on Jeep Compass (by IIHS). Notice the support on opposite side, clearly put to avoid a rollover.

mandarpotdar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 10:10   #68
BHPian

Critical summation of the GNCAP testing. Valid questions and looks like there could be something about the whole assessment that could turn this into a nasty scam!

Disclaimer - video in Malayalam

Old 4th December 2021, 10:23   #69
Senior - BHPian

What is new in this video? All information are already discussed in our forum (multiple threads)

Last edited by Latheesh : 4th December 2021 at 10:26.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 11:29   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarpotdar View Post
Is this rollover NOT highlighted/considered in the safety rating because the car is actually stationary and possibly not powered for the test? Features like rollover mitigation would have helped only if the car was actually driving.
If a stationary car is hit on the sides with great force, it is bound to rollover. If the point of impact is at a lower height, the car can slide. If the point of impact is even lower, car may tilt the other way.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 15:48   #71
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra XUV700, which scored a full 5-star crash test rating in November 2021, wins Global NCAP’s Safer Choice award.

Mahindra XUV700 scores 5 stars in the GNCAP-20220623_154636.jpg

Link

Most Viewed