Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2022, 18:49   #61
BHPian

Re: Driving Lenses - Zeiss DriveSafe Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjinkyaP View Post
Can you please share the store details in Pune ?
It's in Fatima nagar very near to the Hadapsar road junction next to Inaamdar Hospital and Reliance super store. It's an exclusive Carl Zeiss franchisee. Will DM you more specifics later.
fawad0222 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 22:39   #62
BHPian

I got my DriveSafe lens about a month back. I bought it from Titan eye and the single vision lens cost 4800. Coming to the lens, it is quite good for night driving. High beams are not a problem to a large extent.
The colour perception also seems to be better. Other than this I have Crizal Signature which is not far behind but from now on Zeiss will be my pick for the night ride/drive.
On an unrelated note, there is one more problem that I face while riding motorcycle early in the morning - spectacles fogging up due to mask/balaclava. Zeiss also has an anti-fog product mentioned in post 52 (Driving Lenses - Zeiss DriveSafe Review) and this is very effective in this regard. Just spray the solution and wipe it off with the cloth provided. This completely prevents fogging. It lasted more than a day for me, till the next time I washed it.
Meph1st0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 22:52   #63
BHPian

I have visited the Oglo optics in OMR, Chennai to enquire about Drive safe lenses. Single vision AR costs 11k from them and adding photochromatic costs 4k more. How come Titan Eye is cheaper? Both are Carl Zeiss only right? Is the power matters here? Their starting price is 8.8k.
Old 26th February 2022, 00:06   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
I. Single vision AR costs 11k from them and adding photochromatic costs 4k more. How come Titan Eye is cheaper? Both are Carl Zeiss only right? Is the power matters here? Their starting price is 8.8k.
Yes, the price depends on the power and type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
I am using this lens and here's my observations;

. The variation in price is due to the difference is power, type and indexes used.
For eg; Single vision, 1.6 index south side of -2.5 would be around 4800 per pair, and around 8000 for further higher powers.
At the same time, the progressive ones are almost triple the price wrto the single vision ones.

. If you goto an authorised dealer (From Zeiss website: https://www.zeiss.co.in/vision-care/...-near-you.html) they all refer directly to the Zeiss price chart (The same ones friends have shared above in this thread)
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 22:52   #65
BHPian

useful video for people looking to buy drivesafe -
I am trying to understand difference between drive safe and drive safe rx lenses (these is a significant difference in their price), if someone knows the difference, kindly share.

Last edited by speedracer05 : 26th February 2022 at 22:54. Reason: correction
speedracer05 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 11:37   #66
BHPian

Am contemplating getting Zeiss DriveSafe Lenses to replace my current Zeiss Lotutec Basic Lenses. My current numbers are -1 and -1.5 Cyl. Few queries i had:

- Are these beneficial just for Driving or can be used all day while working in front of the Laptop as well?

- I checked with Lawrence & Mayo about DriveSafe from where i have been doing my Specs and they said Drivesafe does not have the Blue Coating. Is it true? They quoted 3300 /- for it. Is there a separate Drivesafe Lens with Blue coating?

- They suggested Zeiss DuraVision Lens for Laptop and Gadget use. I thought i read somewhere on this Thread there is a Zeiss DuraVision Drivesafe Lens.

Apologies if these have already been answered earlier. Thanks.
Old 11th March 2022, 12:04   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Apologies if these have already been answered earlier. Thanks.
It has been answered just on the previous post ( video link ) quite well.

So, in summary, it has blue ray protection and it can be used as multi-purpose glasses. In my limited experience with Drivesafe dura vision i feel that it is not scratch-resistant, so it needs some careful handling.

That apart, I feel it's every bit worth the money spent. They somehow magically reduce the stress on the eyes during night drives, especially on city rides. But they don't reduce the night glare 100 % if that is what is expected.
Swarup5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2022, 22:56   #68
BHPian

I bought Zeiss Drivesafe glasses from Amazon, without power. I bought this primarily to reduce glare from oncoming vehicles headlights. But I don't find any difference with or without these lenses.
SRK72 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 09:47   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK72 View Post
I bought Zeiss Drivesafe glasses from Amazon, without power. I bought this primarily to reduce glare from oncoming vehicles headlights. But I don't find any difference with or without these lenses.
There’s a huge and immediately noticeable difference. Is the Zeiss logo embossed on the lens? Is there a bluish tint?

I’d take the lens to a reputed optical shop and double check if they are really drive safes.

I did a quick search on Amazon and found what I think you purchased.

Looks like some reviewers are quite inspired by this post! The product does have a 4+ rating. And usually Amazon India does have very harsh reviews. Below one review very inspired by this thread! ;P

Alwyn fernandes
5.0 out of 5 starsVerified Purchase
Super Duper!!
Reviewed in India on 20 January 2022
Got Zeiss lenses with the DriveSafe coating. I was absolutely stunned. All colours were now a little more vivid. Details better. No eyestrain at all when using my laptop and mobile. Just a relaxed feeling.
Then I started to drive. The lenses are just - OH MY GOD!! Clarity is just amazing. Focusing on objects far and near is just So much better.
Then came the darkness. With these new lenses WOW - I could actually look straight into to high beams and - it was just different - the glare was SO much less, yet everything was SO vivid and crystal clear.
Guys - if you drive, and if you spend lots of time on digital devices - Go Zeiss - Go DriveSafe. They are just SUPER DUPER“

Last edited by thirdmainroad : 27th March 2022 at 09:58.
thirdmainroad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 12:55   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdmainroad View Post
There’s a huge and immediately noticeable difference. Is the Zeiss logo embossed on the lens? Is there a bluish tint?
Yes to both; the logo is embossed and will have the blue light filter by default.

The original lens will come with an authenticity card. You can see this in the video posted above - timestamp 3: 28
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 14:45   #71
BHPian

[quote=thirdmainroad;5285270]There’s a huge and immediately noticeable difference. Is the Zeiss logo embossed on the lens? Is there a bluish tint?

Yes. Bluish tint was there. There was a zeiss logo with ds on it. But it looked different from the one in the review video shared above. Attaching pic for reference.

However I returned the product since it did not make any difference
Attached Thumbnails
Driving Lenses - Zeiss DriveSafe Review-20220320_230550.jpg  

Old 6th April 2022, 16:00   #72
BHPian

It looks original to me.

Perhaps, and this is interesting because I keep asking myself if what I see with power and specs is the same that people with normal eyesight see - perhaps the Drive safe only works for people without normal eyesight. Because it has for sure reduced glare by a very significant amount for me!
Old 27th April 2022, 20:20   #73
Senior - BHPian

The single vision lenses which costed 4800 have been bumped to 5100 INR now.
Old 28th April 2022, 09:59   #74
BHPian

Got DriveSafe Lenses done last week for my (-1.50, -1.00) CYL Power and it cost me 3300 /- for 1.5 Index. Here I see people going for DriveSafe 1.6 AS Single Vision Lenses costing 4800. My understanding is 1.6 Index is required for Higher Powers and 1.5 should suffice for Power under 1.5. For my Power figures, is the 1.5 Single Vision Lens the right one? Or should i have gone for 1.6? Also, Pardon my ignorance, but what does AS stand for.
abhi3284 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 23:43   #75
BHPian

Had been using Essilor Crizal Comfort series till last week comfortably. Casually got my vision checked and found the power has changed. As per the recommendations of many members in this forum, went for Zeiss Drivesafe progressives and Nova Satin+ as backup.

Definitely there's a remarkable difference between these both. With Zeiss I found both the near and far objects clear and sharp, while with Nova, the near objects (text's) seems to be marginally enlarged and the far ( 30ft+) objects are little shaky. Has anyone experienced this with my choice of Primary and Backup lenses?

But definitely recommend this while driving after sunset. Realized what i had missed in the last 4 years since i was advised to wear spectacles. If you can afford, please go for it.

For me it costed 19400 for Zeiss and 4800 for Nova. Of course, got good discounts. For Zeiss went with a new frame and used the same old frame for Nova lenses.
sundarsarma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks