Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2022, 13:40   #16
BHPian

Re: Made-in-India Mexican-market VW Virtus scores 5 stars in Latin NCAP

Excellent results! Especially for Latin NCAP. Irrespective of everything, this is a definite 5 Star safety product for India. GNCAP or anything. Love it. Acceptable cost cutting measures (unlike Maruti or Koreans)

Strange how people will resort to talking about the negative aspects of the brand/car after such results. Also for the Korean fan boys, they must be hurt after even the Hyundai Tucson got 0 stars ����
For me, in my eyes, buying the current Creta/Seltos instead of these VAG products today would be a very stupid decision.
RaiAnish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 22:38   #17
BHPian

Re: Made-in-India Mexican-market VW Virtus scores 5 stars in Latin NCAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by StopUnderrides View Post
The Australia export(Right Hand Drive export) Jeep Compass was also made in India. That does not mean that the ANCAP rating applies to the sold in India version.

Please don’t be under the false impression that some brands don’t compromise on safety. Everyone makes a car only as safe as customers want it.

If what you say is true why doesn’t the brand Director or Mr. Gupta go public on record saying that except for AEB the body in white is the same in both cars?

I’ve seen Mr. Velusamy of Mahindra R&D talking in detail about the % of Boron steel in the “body in white” of XUV 700 in a public interview to Car and Bike. Why not go that route?

Material, adhesives, sensors is where the brands cut cost-even if both versions are made in the same plant.

https://Youtu.be/bztfrYCfraE
Good to know GNCAP ratings are out now and there are no such compromises as told by the Brand Director earlier to me.
Sunderdeep is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks