Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2022, 05:25   #31
BHPian

re: Indonesian-Hyundai Creta Facelift scores 5-stars in ASEAN NCAP crash test

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulliavi View Post
Reason being, KIA has no plans to bring its globally unveiled model to India next year and will continue with the same structure with some cosmetic changes.
Hi, what is the source of this information?
Old 9th December 2022, 08:47   #32
Senior - BHPian

This being a facelift, I am not sure how much of the structure will change as Hyundai India will have to make new dies to make the changes for higher ultra high strength steel like the international models. If the changes are only on the outer panels, then I doubt they will make the investement considering the Creta is anyway selling well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Did that TBHP member who posted the technical structure diagrams claiming that the Kia and Hyundai cars sold in India have the same structure and Ultra HSS bits as the international model respond to the poor showing of Seltos and Creta in the GNCAP test results from a few months ago ? ...
In fact the thread was the opposite. It highlighted how the Indian models had most of the ultra high strength steel removed ! Thread link - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...dai-creta.html (Kia Seltos body structure facts & comparison with the Hyundai Creta)

The GNCAP India results proved the same.
fiat_tarun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 09:34   #33

Re: Hyundai Creta facelift gets full 5-star safety rating in ASEAN NCAP crash in the Indonesian mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
I am not surprised by this result. Below are some points, which I feel are the reasons for OEMs still bringing unsafe cars to India -

- a prominent shift in demand/ priorities towards features than form (e.g. sunroof, touchscreen infotainment, connected app etc.)

- Very less safety norms in India. Perhaps, Bharat crash assessment program can change this.
I feel the chassis of 2020 and 2022 creta are the same. why should the 2022 creta score more in frontal impact. Do they have variable distribution of steel to the chassis between Indian and out of Indian creta?
Old 9th December 2022, 09:57   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta facelift gets full 5-star safety rating in ASEAN NCAP crash in the Indonesian mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by RheumaDoc View Post
I feel the chassis of 2020 and 2022 creta are the same. why should the 2022 creta score more in frontal impact. Do they have variable distribution of steel to the chassis between Indian and out of Indian creta?
The chassis of the Creta sold in India and Out-of-India is different. Indian Creta's codename is Su2i and Out-of-India Creta's codename is Su2. And that's what is the biggest difference, the Su2 is bound to score 5 stars just like the International Seltos but the Indian Su2i gets just 3 stars just like the Indian Seltos.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4939057 (Kia Seltos body structure facts & comparison with the Hyundai Creta)
CEF_Beasts is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 10:47   #35
BHPian

That’s the reason VAG cousins are supremely built and Hyundai and KIA are taking Indians for a ride. After reaching a certain point in our lives, wherein married and having kids, it’s imperative that safety should be of paramount importance and no compromise on this aspect is done.

Hence, we as car buyers can only rue the fact that we care for the bells and whistles and not for our lives notwithstanding the fact that we pay so much for a car!
MDED is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 10:50   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If there are two areas that Hyundai-Kia need to fix on priority, it is:

- Safety. Despite being called out embarrassingly by the GNCAP, social media, owners & people like us, they stubbornly continue selling cars with compromised safety. It's just unpardonable keeping in mind the pricing of their cars and the group's "premium" ambitions. I don't get what the CEO of Hyundai India & Kia India are thinking. They are saving a couple of thousands today, but losing out on crores of rupees worth of brand equity. And God knows how much business from safety-conscious informed customers.

- Niggles & quality lapses. Am seeing one too many complaints of niggles & problems in their newer cars.
GTO is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 11:13   #37
BHPian

Hyundai or for that matter any for-profit company will continue to look after their margins. Entire marketing channel for Hyundai is busy right now forwarding WhatsApp messages regarding 5 star safety rating to prospective Indian buyers.

Hyundai India may not officially market this Asean NCAP result, but gullible buyers will still fall prey to such misleading sales pitch from sales guys.

Real question is, why the delay in implementation of Bharat NCAP. Indian car regulator should force car makers to mandatorily publish adult/child safety rating on every marketing material/ website/ car's driver side door (the way they declare recommended tyre pressure).

Last edited by baarish84 : 9th December 2022 at 11:14.
baarish84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 11:52   #38
BHPian

It's all about preferences - Would you buy a car that is safer but less reliable or a car that is less safe but more reliable? The sales charts show that it's the latter. Is there any brand that is both safer and reliable in the same price segment? How many of us who are blaming Hyundai actually own one? How many of those who own are planning to sell their cars and buy a safer one? Let's have a poll to know what each one of us prefers.
Old 9th December 2022, 11:58   #39

As i have already mentioned in one of my previous posts, there ll be hue and cry whenever there is a crash test release. But it's not going to affect the sales chart in any manner. Not atleast in this segment.

We are of the mentality that, nothing untoward will happen to me, and we are more inclined towards gizmos, which in a sense provides more value for the money given.
Old 9th December 2022, 12:10   #40
BHPian

Conversation at Hyundai’s board meeting :-

Chairman - Allright folks we’ve got a new creta to launch. What all features to add?

Member 1 - Sir, let’s add a larger 20” touchscreen. So that the Indian customers can’t see our weak chassis, thin sheet metals and flimsy construction.

Chairman - Brilliant idea! You get a bonus!

Member 2 - Sir let’s add another 100 watts to our sound system so that the Indian customers can’t hear all the hullabaloo about safety ratings and such.

Chairman - Wow! You guys are on fire today! You get a bonus!

Member 3 - Sir let’s add a perfume which can release different scents based on ambient lighting and mood. This way the Indian customers can’t smell anything fishy in our attempt to cover up lack of safety features with useless trinkets.

Chairman - Come sit on my chair boy! You all make me proud!

Member 4 - Sir instead of all this shouldn’t we just improve our safety features?

Chairman *goes red in the face* - And who is going to pay for all that!!??? Your pappa!!!???
gaurav_3000ad is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 13:12   #41
HMV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
It's all about preferences - Would you buy a car that is safer but less reliable or a car that is less safe but more reliable? The sales charts show that it's the latter. Is there any brand that is both safer and reliable in the same price segment? How many of us who are blaming Hyundai actually own one? How many of those who own are planning to sell their cars and buy a safer one? Let's have a poll to know what each one of us prefers.
After new protocols, it’s not only “less” safe, for someone looking for a safe car, it’s simply out of consideration. If it scored barely 3 in older protocols, I can’t even begin to imagine how it’d fare in current ones. Regarding reliability, Hyundais aren’t saint either now. We’ve heard multiple complaints about their cars (my own Elite i20 suffered from paint peeling and multiple other premature failures at just 5 years whereas my 10 year Vento TDI was going strong at 273K kms. Talk about reliability. Going for another VW was a no-nonsense decision for me after getting rid of my Hyundai.). So, I’ll happily prefer a car in which I can trust my family to travel safely rather than enjoy large touchscreens and sunroofs in a structurally weak car.
HMV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 18:26   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
It's all about preferences - Would you buy a car that is safer but less reliable or a car that is less safe but more reliable? The sales charts show that it's the latter. Is there any brand that is both safer and reliable in the same price segment?
I guess Brezza, GV, Hyryder, Honda city, Amaze, Jazz. Safe and reliable. Apart from City on performance front these car may lag for somebody who loves some spirited driving.
NJ_9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 19:07   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noo.b View Post
I find it extremely infuriating that as a country we are so shallow that all we care for are the bells and whistles. We line up to pay our hard earned money to Hyundai and Kia, while they are completely shameless about selling us a much inferior product that is priced at the top of their segment
Please don't feel so. It seems a majority of people buy cars with low safety scores. It is somewhat similar to voting. If the masses don't opt for high-safety features and go with bling, the auto companies have no real reason to invest in safe cars.

Why blame Hyundai alone? Top leaders at organizations like Datsun and Maruti have themselves commented publicly about what they consider safe cars for India.

In a country where there are still people who put their money down, without applying much thought, on products like Toyota Fortuner which are exorbitantly priced, this stand from any car company should not come as a surprise.

The market supplies what the consumers demand. We are just a small community who have wishful thinking.
sudeepg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 20:33   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMV View Post
So, I’ll happily prefer a car in which I can trust my family to travel safely rather than enjoy large touchscreens and sunroofs in a structurally weak car.
Thanks for sharing your opinion but I think every brand has reliability issues but the rate of failures matters most. Two wheelers are the least safe but that doesn't prevent us from riding them, do they? We do it because they are convenient and cost effective. The same applies to cars as well. So everyone has their own thinking and we need to respect them.
Old 9th December 2022, 22:58   #45
Senior - BHPian

In fact, I have come to a point where I have opened the pano sunroof all of probably 30 minutes in the past 27 months of my Creta ownership. It was never a criterion for me, it just came with the top spec variant. The second one is even worse: the voice commands on Bluelink. I have used that even less than 5 occasions probably so far. I think cars can pretty much do without these frivolous features. The most important and useful features are physical buttons and dials for mode selection and temp control. Hyundai better come good on the Safety front with the facelift model.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 9th December 2022 at 23:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks