Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2011, 00:04   #121
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)
Re: Accidents in India - PICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
If you wish to beat up a driver of a car while he's still in it, you would be standing next to the door. How can a car run over you when you're standing next to it? The NDTV report is rather unclear

Yet another report said, the victim bullied the pilot and then proceeded to block the car by standing in front with palms on bonnet, when the angry pilot decided to run over him in the heat of the moment.
Old 12th January 2011, 01:48   #122
BHPian

Rage, Death in khan market

According to the Witnesses the restaurant manager started slapping the pilot,the pilot got scared and accelerated trying to run away,the manager slipped from the footpath and came under the car that was trying to get away

It is said Rajeev Jolly Wilson (37) was going towards Khan Market in a car around 2 p.m., when another car hit his vehicle from behind at a traffic signal. Rajeev came out and following a brief altercation, allegedly rained punches on the other driver, Vikas Agarwal (36). He “started bleeding from the nose and mouth. He also sustained injuries in the eye. All this while, Vikas remained inside his vehicle. But to escape further assault, he says, he pressed the accelerator,” said ACP K. C. Dwivedi.

Rajeev reportedly clung on to the moving car but lost his balance and fell on the road, and was caught under the rear wheels. Some bystanders raised an alarm, after which Vikas applied the brakes.

Last edited by Bluengel180 : 12th January 2011 at 01:52.
Old 12th January 2011, 02:05   #123
Senior - BHPian

We have value for a few scratches here and there but no value for life, which is now lost.
Old 12th January 2011, 02:38   #124
Senior - BHPian

This is what we have become???
Killing each other over a scratch???

Humans are putting wild animals to shame.
Old 12th January 2011, 07:57   #125
Senior - BHPian

Re: How to avoid road rage

It was all over the news channels yesterday evening and today morning. All I can say is gross. A small space of 3X3 took a life, really hard to imagine. Even if one of them had acted sanely this would not have happened. the worst part is the TV channels claiming the deceased was captured on a mobile phone and showing the pics. Utterly horrible.

Last edited by ghodlur : 12th January 2011 at 08:00.
Old 12th January 2011, 09:24   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Humans are putting wild animals to shame.
Sorry to be OT but have to come in defense of wild animals. They kill to feed themselves and their young ones and not over rage. Humans kill for exactly the opposite reason. They have always put wild animals to shame.
Old 12th January 2011, 11:05   #127
Senior - BHPian

This might spark some arguments, but what if the pilot was really frightened by the bullying manager?

I am not drawing conclusions here, but nowadays for whatever reasons junta wants instant justice in kangaroo courts. "He scratched my car let me beat him to death" seems to be the mantra!! I really do not know if the pilot did this in a fit of rage but if I were to scratch someone's car and if he is beating me black and blue I will definitely try and run away.

And media should not jump to conclusions and play the judge unless it knows about the incident completely, unfortunately this is what is happening in this case. If the deceased did try to assault the pilot he has no choice but to run, however if the pilot has done that in fit of rage then that is bad, without knowing one should not judge!!
Old 12th January 2011, 11:24   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I really do not know if the pilot did this in a fit of rage
And media should not jump to conclusions and play the judge unless it knows about the incident completely, unfortunately this is what is happening in this case. If the deceased did try to assault the pilot he has no choice but to run, however if the pilot has done that in fit of rage then that is bad, without knowing one should not judge!!
The pilot adverently did it in a fit of rage and had later admitted that he did not intend to do so. It however is not known whether the manager provoked him or was it on the spur of the moment of the hurt ego of the pilot of being denied the parking space.

The media wants to play God in between and highlight only sections of the episode and not the complete details.
Old 12th January 2011, 11:33   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The pilot adverently did it in a fit of rage and had later admitted that he did not intend to do so. It however is not known whether the manager provoked him or was it on the spur of the moment of the hurt ego of the pilot of being denied the parking space.

The media wants to play God in between and highlight only sections of the episode and not the complete details.
Oh, sorry I did not follow this news closely, but were there any injuries for the pilot as claimed by someone above. I initially read that the pilot ran over the guy four times in fit of rage, but after that different stories surfaced, no one knows what happened. Also, it seems someone shot the whole incident on a mobile it seems, God knows why that person did not try to stop them instead!!
Old 12th January 2011, 12:11   #130
BHPian

I have read that the pilot ran over the guy 4 times. If that is true, there would be no doubt about whether it was an accident or intentional. Wonder why we have so many versions of the event floating around. Whatever is the truth, it is truly a sad incident that could have easily been avoided with a little effort.
Old 12th January 2011, 12:39   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I have read that the pilot ran over the guy 4 times. If that is true, there would be no doubt about whether it was an accident or intentional. Wonder why we have so many versions of the event floating around. Whatever is the truth, it is truly a sad incident that could have easily been avoided with a little effort.
That was just the media going wild,acc to the video the manager was pounding blows to the pilot through the window standing on the pavement.the scared pilot accelerated and the manager did not let go of the car,causing him to slip and come under the rear wheels
Old 12th January 2011, 12:53   #132
BHPian

Shameful & Deplorable. Both parties are responsible for the sad turn of events.

Delhi-ites have frail tempers that are prone to excessive euphoria at the slightest hint of a good news and ugly anger at the slightest provocation. It may happen that both situations eventually lead to a violent outburst. Been living here for 23 years now and try to avoid altercations with anyone at all costs.

Scratches and dents can be painted and repaired; but a severed limb or a lost life is too heavy a price to pay for them. It is not just 2 individuals, but their respective families whose lives have been negatively and irreversibly impacted.

As always, the bystanders seem to have done nothing to intervene. Who knows, they might have become the victims of the Pilot and the Restaurant Manager as well.

Peace out folks. Live and let live.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 12th January 2011 at 12:54.
Old 12th January 2011, 13:09   #133
BHPian

Road Rage - Primary Cause - Our Politicians

You get into road rage because things are boiling over. You expel it out and go on indulging in an anger cruise since your BP is high.
Common causes
1. Bad roads - zero planning
2. No population control - fear of doing things which might not work to their vote politics. So many people everywhere. You cant enjoy things provided to you in peace. Compromise is the word.
3. Lesser intelligence - Intellect is never allowed to grow, lest the janata start questioning the netas why things are wrong. Seeing such people hold sway makes you angry subconsciously
4. Personal problems - adding more fuel to fire

Sum of all above = volatile mix ready to blow up. The politicians are responsible for the major 3 factors above.
Like a volcano, it only needs a small fissure to cut loose. Rest we know is what happens.

Relax, nothing much can be done except improving public transport. I get wild by bad road manners but switch off my anger asap as there is no point in going on an ego trip. It only causes damage to you.
Live, Let Live or Leave
Old 12th January 2011, 15:48   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Oh, sorry I did not follow this news closely, but were there any injuries for the pilot as claimed by someone above. I initially read that the pilot ran over the guy four times in fit of rage, but after that different stories surfaced, no one knows what happened. Also, it seems someone shot the whole incident on a mobile it seems, God knows why that person did not try to stop them instead!!
One of the footage did show the pilot being walked to a police station and the guy's face had no sigs of having been punched. Someone who has been slapped hard will carry the tell tale blue/maroon marks for atleast a day here we are talking of someone who reportedly bled yet the face is clean. It is a COVER UP. The footage too is no where to be seen any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
The photo of the body is proof enough that the guy must have been run over multiple times as he was DECAPITATED and the human neck is not so frail that it will be ripped off in one pass.

Last edited by .anshuman : 3rd February 2011 at 09:26. Reason: Part of the post edited to remove a quoted post that was deleted. Thanks
Old 12th January 2011, 16:07   #135
Senior - BHPian

Read the news in HT in the morning and my jaw dropped open. I had just talked to Wilson regarding business sometime back.

I agree with Khoj. There is definitely proof of intentional killing. Lets just hope that it doesn't turn into "No-one killed Wilson"

Most Viewed