Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2021, 02:31   #151
BHPian

Re: The High Beam Menace on Indian Roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrabravo98 View Post

The high beam menace aside, please make it a habit of driving with clean and clear windshield especially during night time driving. Dirty windshields highly aggravate the High beam menace. Hence, a dirty windshield is a danger to you as well as to others.
I acknowledge the criticism, I am generally in the habit of cleaning my windshield frequently but given that I don't have a closed parking space and the windshield gets this dirty EVERY SINGLE DAY, I sometimes miss it on impromptu drives. The city I live in produces ash, dust and pollution at a greater pace than even Delhi. My car filles with ash like 30 minutes after it's cleaned. It's a losing battle. Given the dew, something like a Jopasu will also be ineffective.
Old 2nd July 2022, 16:41   #152
Senior - BHPian

Had to do some night driving in city outskirts and it's absolutely impossible these days. It used to be that "professional" drivers like cabbies had some sense back in the day but now every single one has their high beam on all the time.

There may be tech solutions but how is society either this ignorant or this inconsiderate?
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 17:00   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Had to do some night driving in city outskirts and it's absolutely impossible these days. It used to be that "professional" drivers like cabbies had some sense back in the day but now every single one has their high beam on all the time.

There may be tech solutions but how is society either this ignorant or this inconsiderate?
To my knowledge, it is that they themselves are not able to see things very well. The newer crop of vehicles don't really have good lighting that would work when roads are without markings.

So it is high beam against high beam.
Old 31st March 2023, 10:57   #154
BHPian

I have been recently noticing a few manufacturing trends. Office hours have gradually crept up, and I usually return after 6:30, and have been noticing a bad trend in High beam usage on Bangalore roads. Ring roads have gone down by 1 lane due to Metro construction, and possibly thats the reason you end up having another two wheeler behind you for a very long time.

It somehow feels that almost 50% of two wheeler riders have their high beam on, and if it gets annoying, I slow down and let the other two wheeler get beside me, and I confirm if that person had their high beam on.

Lately, I have noticed that the Himalalayan always seemed to be on High beam, but when I let them go past, their high beam indicator was never ON. Yesterday, I actually signaled a KTM Adventure person that his high beam was on, and that person calmly refused, and he even showed me that his high beam was indeed Off.

That brings me to this post.
The High Beam Menace on Indian Roads-screenshot-20230331-10.29.02-am.png
The Himalayan is a good 1 Feet taller than most bikes and that would mean, that their low beam would end up causing discomfort to most road users.

Other than this, I also have noticed Access 125 have terrible lights. Either they don't have a blue indicator to signal high beam on their console, or their low beam is badly angled. Same with Ola scooters. (I read in another post on Team BHP that if there is a Pilion, the low beam angle changes)
vinya_jag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks