Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2011, 19:44   #1531
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

This is another great example. I was driving to work and this is immediately after Raj bhavan. A spic and span ANHC overtakes me from the right (nothing wrong about that) but kind of zips through though the traffic was crawling. And then gets caught at the divider and cannot negotiate back into the lane, so I pass it. A few meters down the lane, the ANHC overtakes me again (albeit crawling) from the left and is hogging half of each lanes. Notice what other blatant stuff this driver has done? And no prizes for finding it.

And yes, it was a lissome lady driver!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bad-driver.jpg  

Old 10th February 2011, 20:33   #1532
Senior - BHPian

She is well cautious of her ORVMs though she is a bad driver. She don't need any further adjectives to her stature as a bad driver.

Her rear seat occupant is a bad passenger too. See the window glasses of both RHS doors.

Kind of spot the bad quiz.

Last edited by rajeev k : 10th February 2011 at 20:39.
Old 10th February 2011, 21:56   #1533
Senior - BHPian

T-BHP organizers should come up with a campaign in their respective cities - Distribute pamphlets - Urge People to join this community - Subscribe to threads like these - At least this would bring in a sense of sanity among the so called literate class - No amount of education can educate the cab driver class, the auto driver class and with no disrespect to our brethren on two wheels - the two wheeler riders too. Please do NOT squeeze between cars! Please do NOT leave scratches/dents on cars - Cars are very dear to a lot of people - it is just not a contraption on 4 wheels which take people from one part of the town/city/village to another.!
Old 12th February 2011, 12:41   #1534
BHPian

Mumbai used to be a city where people follwed traffice rules diligently, but off late we cite a whole bunch of unruly and uncouth drivers on the road. There are some who will just cut lanes without even checking for clearance and without a turn signal.

There are also the trave vendors like SaiCare, whose drivers are infamous for their rash driving. Last year my week old Chevy Spark got banged from behind by one of ther buses in bumper to bumper traffic and that too bang in front of the Police station near the Mulund toll plaza and nothing was done at. In spite of lodging an FIR, I have not been able to claim a penny in terms of compensation from Sai Care, and the worst part was a week after the accident I saw the same driver drive the same bus, along the same route and he was still as rash as ever. SaiCare's cab drivers consider themselves the heirs to Schumy's throne, well at least that is what you gather from the way they drive. And all that the cops do is turn a blind eye to all this.

You also have the lot who buy a care just because they haev the money to buy one, but not the brains to drive it, and also not even the basic road manners. All that they end being is a nuisance to the other commuters on the road.
Old 13th February 2011, 21:30   #1535
BHPian

Some PICs taken in my recent drive on NH7

Alto with folded RVMs (mind you, this is on NH-7, not in city):
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-p1020729.jpg

Sumo with a box ready to break your windshiled anytime:
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-p1020732.jpg

Truck which can give a free wipe to your car:
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-p1020734.jpg
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-p1020735.jpg
Old 15th February 2011, 23:30   #1536
Team-BHP Support

Have a look at what folded mirrors can do.

Its not my video. I got this from a US based Motorcycling forum.
Old 16th February 2011, 01:04   #1537
BHPian

I regularly drive/ Ride at night (almost 70% of the time) and my biggest grouse is with people driving/ riding using the HIGH beam, esp. on crowded road where they cannot exceed 40 kmph in any case and also the road is well lit.
Of late it has become a habit for me to remember which car the person was driving. My research shows the following. (Not biased but actual experience). I have listed the cars in the order of Max to low
H Santro --> M Omni/ Eeco --> T Indica (mainly call center) --> M Wagon R/M 800 --> others are not so common/ driver fault.

I have slightly sensitive eyes and most of the time I get blinded with these lights. Once I almost went into a ditch (doing 40kmph) because I was blinded by a certified FOOL driving a scorpio with headlamp on high beam, fog lamps on and Two hellas also on. It was providence and a trigger brake leg that helped me to avoid disaster.

Most of the times, I just roll down the window and while the person passes me, I ABUSE loudly (not that it makes a difference to them, but it does make me feel a little better).
Old 16th February 2011, 01:11   #1538
BHPian

@Shubz,

If the world were any saner place, then you , I and rest of the folks on TBhp would'nt get a hearty laugh,at the way some people perambulate(oops ... drive).

Warm Regards
Old 16th February 2011, 11:13   #1539
Senior - BHPian

There has been a sudden increase in the accelerator hapy Nano drivers in parts of Navi Mumbai, I encounter at least a couple of them (regulars) trying to zip and try squeeze past any thing in the internal roads (mind you these are not youngsters).

I am more afraid for them than myself so in the past few days have made it a habit to give them a wide berth and a cheery wave to overtake me and be at peace and in single piece.
Old 16th February 2011, 11:19   #1540
BHPian

Strangely this is the first time I have seen this thread.

Everyone other than myself is a bad driver. It is that easy for me. I live and drive in Delhi so you all know what I mean.
Old 16th February 2011, 11:21   #1541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
M_upreti There has been a sudden increase in the accelerator hapy Nano drivers in parts of Navi Mumbai, I encounter at least a couple of them (regulars) trying to zip and try squeeze past any thing in the internal roads (mind you these are not youngsters).

I am more afraid for them than myself so in the past few days have made it a habit to give them a wide berth and a cheery wave to overtake me and be at peace and in single piece.
You are 100% right friend. Their tribe are on the increase every where. They do all sorts of nonsense and probably derives pleasure driving in this manner and obtains nirvana when they overtake say even a M800. I also do what you do, give way so that we are safe.

Last edited by rajeev k : 16th February 2011 at 11:25. Reason: correection
Old 16th February 2011, 13:42   #1542
BHPian

Hey!! Is it legal to drive at 70 KMPH in city limits in Trivandram? I had to cough up 300 rupees for speeding on ORR in Bangalore ( 65 KMPH as against 60 KMPH ) . Anyway i do agree with deathwalkr that the bikers are the bane of city driving. They are just about everywhere and usually they get the sympathy of the general public even if they have an accident out of their god gifted stupidity and carelessness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
When you say, "in Trivandrum" you mean in the city? Where the speed limit would be what? Just because other people are supposed to stop, they will?

Near misses have lessons for everyone involved.

Not that I have any sympathy at all for bikers who expect other road users to take responsibility for keeping them alive.
Old 16th February 2011, 21:52   #1543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Have a look at what folded mirrors can do.
I don't think the reference to the folded mirror in the video meant that was the cause. It was the effect - he was saying it is obvious the car hit his arm because the impact folded the mirror.
Old 17th February 2011, 07:35   #1544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijit.gangwar View Post
Strangely this is the first time I have seen this thread.

Everyone other than myself is a bad driver. It is that easy for me. I live and drive in Delhi so you all know what I mean.
I can understand your feeling after driving in Gurgaon and West Delhi for almost 6 years. You start by being a good driver and ultimately turn into one of the reckless tribe just to survive on the roads.
Old 17th February 2011, 15:06   #1545
Distinguished - BHPian

whilst turning reckless, as such, doesn't aid one's survival I can only agree and admit that, in many ways, one joins the crowd.

Even I felt ridiculous, in the night, on the Chennai Airport road, being the only one to stop at a red signal. Others were passing at 60kph-plus. Sitting there was just plain dangerous!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks