Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2011, 11:02   #1666
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
(Was the video-grapher waiting for an accident to occur)
Maybe the guy who is overtaking the bus is the videographer's friend and he was trying to film his stunts on the bike. Or maybe the guy is 'well-known' for his stunts on the bike on that route and the videographer was waiting to film him.
Old 11th March 2011, 12:02   #1667
Senior - BHPian

Well, the way the bikers usually ride, it's not too hard to predict when they will likely pay for the irresponsible riding.
Old 11th March 2011, 14:35   #1668
BHPian

Guys I have been following this thread for a long time, this is really informative and I have learnt a lot from this thread, both do's and dont's, but never did I realise that I will be posting in this thread.

Had a tryst with a local "Rossi" today morning.

I stay in Chromepet, Chennai. This happened when I started for my office which is in Tambaram Sanatorium, a nearby locality hardly 5 kms from my place. I drive a sea gray fiesta 1.6 ZXI. I came out of my street to join the Radha Nagar main road(Not the G.S.T, but the one that runs within my locality, its a single lane one, at the max two santros can cross each other,but not without slowing down), engaged second gear and started moving, I could see an auto comming in the opposite direction and a bike overtaking it. Suddenly out of nowhere a moron came in his splendor and overtook the bike and all this time he was looking at the bike he is overtaking and smiling, what he did not realise was that I was just 10-15 meters in front of him. All I could do was stomp the brakes and hit the horn at the same time. Only after hearning my horn he looked straight and saw the car, he hit the brakes immediately and bike skidded, he somehow controlled the bike and did not fall down but came and hit my car with his bike sideways. All this happened in a second. I couldn't get down immediately as I had the seat beld on me, just rolled down the window and started scolding him, I was overcome with such an anger that I just asked him to get lost and promptly he just fled the scene. I did not want to see what happened to the car and drove to office trying to block the negative thoughts.

Reached office and parked the car and checked it, luckily not even a scratch was there. Really don't know what happened, may be will check again. Guess today is a lucky day for both me and that guy.
Already my car was rear ended by a fishcart (first one, when my driver was returning after dropping me at the bus stand) and then by a santro in front of Pothys, driven by a 15 year old girl , who happended to get away with her car when my dad truned to check with the driver ( I was out of town again). Those dents are still there, have to take them in my next service.
Old 11th March 2011, 16:16   #1669
Senior - BHPian

two wheelers, eh?

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_8357.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_8358.jpg
Old 11th March 2011, 18:50   #1670
Senior - BHPian

^ good catch of a bad act!

In Trivandrum the capital city of Kerala i have noticed over the past few days that in the left turn to Nathencode after the State Bank office, drivers of bikes and even cars come to their wrong side so that they can zoom off once the signal goes green.

worst part is that there is a small divider but people turn a blind eye to them. And oh its a blind 90deg turn by the way.

Imagine someone taking a free left there at speed only to find a car or bike waiting to crash into him!

Also what is with pedestrians walking on the middle of the road without a care waiting for a break in traffic to cross? Cant they wait at the designated zebra crossings like everyone else?
Old 12th March 2011, 12:45   #1671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
oh such jokers are always around to irritate you always. Whenever i spot such idiots i make it a point to give them a piece of my mind and they usually have nothing to say except give a sheepish smile
Old 12th March 2011, 17:18   #1672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
two wheelers, eh?
Few weeks back at a red light in Goregaon a few 2 wheeler guys merrily driving on the pavement, the traffic cop lined all of them and was cutting out challans when I last saw them.
Old 12th March 2011, 17:26   #1673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Few weeks back at a red light in Goregaon a few 2 wheeler guys merrily driving on the pavement, the traffic cop lined all of them and was cutting out challans when I last saw them.
Good to read that. I think he was achieving the target of collection for the police or was it his personal target.
Old 12th March 2011, 20:58   #1674
Distinguished - BHPian

Gah! Today on the road connecting Baner Road with Parihar Chowk there was a traffic jam on one side and traffic had just cleared on the other (my side). I was proceeding while suddenly his guy in a car exits a colony and tries to cut right in front of me. I signed to him that the other side traffic was blocked and he would only end up blocking me (and everyone behind me as well). But like a moronic automaton he kept pushing his nose in. I lost it and yelled in Marathi (through the closed window as it turns out! ) and zoomed through. My Mom and daughter were with me and all Mom could do was shush me gently and tell me to stay calm
Am usually a patient driver but he could easily have banged into me from the left and ruined my still-new car. On second thoughts I should have let him go and block everyone rather than risk my own property and family. This is the thing with bad drivers- they make even good drivers doubt themselves.
Old 12th March 2011, 22:48   #1675
Senior - BHPian

I usually try and block such a driver as much as I can, though I realize he isn't going to learn anything out of it.
Old 13th March 2011, 18:32   #1676
Senior - BHPian

sitting comfortably (i suppose), moving at his own pace and impeding traffic
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_8389.jpg

can you spot the bad guys in this movie other than the Scorpio, Indica and Activa??
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_8385.jpg

parking woes - presenting the so called educated folks!
because of people like the Scorpio guy, there were around 8-10 parking spaces wasted in the campus!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imag1692.jpg

two wheeler guy thinks this is a nice shady place to park his bike (although the two wheeler parking is 10mts further down)
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imag1694.jpg

shortly followed by a bird of the same feather!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imag1699.jpg

Last edited by IronH4WK : 13th March 2011 at 18:34.
Old 15th March 2011, 15:26   #1677
Senior - BHPian

comes up from the left, but wants to go left.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc01281.jpg

aah, nothing like striking a conversation riding side by side and blocking traffic!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc01248.jpg

ever wonder what the mortality rate of two wheeler riders of this kind is?
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc01256.jpg

some people just can't parallel-park
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc01274.jpg

the parking is on the right, but fellow has found a nice shady spot and parked his car!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc01246.jpg

commercial street: who cares if i'm blocking the street!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc01261.jpg

switch on the emergency lights and you can park anywhere!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc01263.jpg
Old 15th March 2011, 16:05   #1678
Senior - BHPian

Ever tried forwarding these images to the local traffic police? They might want to act on it if you follow it up regularly.
Old 15th March 2011, 16:08   #1679
BHPian

^^ Typical Bangalore traffic, IronH4WK. The parallel riding takes the cake, because they are doing it on the BETL. Man, no wonder bikes fly off the fly overs.
Old 15th March 2011, 16:55   #1680
BHPian

Quote:
because of people like the Scorpio guy, there were around 8-10 parking spaces wasted in the campus!
Come-on guys, that Scorpio has apparently climbed Mount Washigton (noticed the sticker?). Doesn't it deserve a special slot?

Most of the posts in this thread relate to parking woes. Should we go for another thread titled 'Bad parkers'?

OT: Ironhawk, how do you manage so many photos everyday? You should have become a professional photographer or an investigative journalist, man you would have made one hell of a career in media.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks