Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2011, 12:25   #2101
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

There are also a set of ego filled drivers , who will increase their speed or move towards you when you are trying to overtake. Last week was driving from Bangalore to Kochi.. Just after Palakkad , there was this idiot in a black santro TN registration, who was driving at 40 , blocking the traffic. Since it is a two way road with high bus and truck traffic , overtaking is not easy as well.

Every time I would try to overtake him , he would increase his speed or move further towards right blocking me. There was a Bus behind me , Probably he got annoyed watching this guy play. He overtook both of us and while passing the Santro , he moved further left , virtually forcing the Santro Guy of the road. There was no oncoming traffic.

I dont know why people feel being overtaken as an insult.
Old 7th June 2011, 23:44   #2102
Senior - BHPian

Last Sunday spotted this red Figo driven very badly correction a bad driver at the wheel.
He was honking heavily on a narrow bad stretch behind the Tavera I was traveling and overtook dangerously, our driver literally stopped to allow him pass. Then was following an Indica soberly and into the Kottayam Ernakulam road he went to his bad self again. Recklessly trying to overtake an Omni and finally overtook it through an area with clusters of potholes, losing control for a moment trying in vain to avoid the potholes. Luckily there was no traffic in the opposite direction. I watched his exploits and clicked the picture below, see for yourselves.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bad-driving.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 7th June 2011 at 23:45.
Old 8th June 2011, 09:57   #2103
Senior - BHPian

Do you know donkeys can drive, park and also work in an IT company?

Take this case, this donkey did all the hard work and drove its car from its home to office but forgot that it parked the car perpendicular to the designated direction.!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-mule.jpg
anilisanil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2011, 10:03   #2104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post

Take this case, this donkey did all the hard work and drove its car from its home to office but forgot that it parked the car perpendicular to the designated direction.!
I cannot believe my eyes. Every time i see a post on this thread i feel this must be the worst driver. But this i think takes the top slot as of now. No Traffic, Lines clearly marked, No Stress for the driver but still parks the vehicle this way. Anil i think you should post the car number on the internal bulletin board and try to meet this person.
Old 8th June 2011, 10:05   #2105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMichael View Post
Last week was driving from Bangalore to Kochi.. Just after Palakkad , there was this idiot in a black santro TN registration, who was driving at 40 , blocking the traffic. Since it is a two way road with high bus and truck traffic , overtaking is not easy as well.

Every time I would try to overtake him , he would increase his speed or move further towards right blocking me. There was a Bus behind me , Probably he got annoyed watching this guy play. He overtook both of us and while passing the Santro , he moved further left , virtually forcing the Santro Guy of the road. There was no oncoming traffic.
That must've been a private bus! They take offence very very soon, to slow-moving blokes who don't give way. Anyway, glad that the Santro guy had a lesson.

Last weekend, I encountered a similar bad driver, in a Spark. Same antics as the Santro your encountered. It was a KSRTC Superfast that taught him a lesson though. Felt very very happy seeing him go off the road and stop

Last edited by silversteed : 8th June 2011 at 10:16.
Old 8th June 2011, 10:12   #2106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
That must've been a private bus! They take offence very very soon, to slow-moving blokes who don't give way. Anyway, glad that the Santro guy had a lesson.

Last weekend, I encountered a similar bad driver, in a Spark. Same antics as yours. It was a KSRTC Superfast that taught him a lesson though. Felt very very happy seeing him go off the road and stop
Yes it indeed was a private bus - Some "Menon" was the name. While I did enjoy seeing that nincompoop pushed off the road, on second thought it could have caused an accident.
Old 8th June 2011, 10:57   #2107
BHPian

Quote:

If this were to happen in our company (and your ex), there would've been a wheel clamp on the car and a monetary fine. Serves them right, I say!
Old 8th June 2011, 11:09   #2108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
If this were to happen in our company (and your ex), there would've been a wheel clamp on the car and a monetary fine. Serves them right, I say!
True. Though if you ask the person concerned, (s)he'd probably reply "Choti gaadi hai, kaisee bhi niklegi" or something equally stupid. Come to think of it, how will that person remove the car?
Old 8th June 2011, 11:09   #2109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
My ex company does not recruit donkeys, does it?

Coming to this donkey, this is beyond my words. I cannot even imagine their state of mind to have done such things! Its creepy! Yuck! I mean I wonder how he drives on roads? Gross disrespect for everything I guess!

Quote:
True. Though if you ask the person concerned, (s)he'd probably reply "Choti gaadi hai, kaisee bhi niklegi" or something equally stupid. Come to think of it, how will that person remove the car?
Well, the security was asking not to park around that car until the person comes and parks it properly. I hope his engine conks or other such things happen!

Last edited by anilisanil : 8th June 2011 at 11:11.
Old 8th June 2011, 11:17   #2110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMichael

Yes it indeed was a private bus - Some "Menon" was the name. While I did enjoy seeing that nincompoop pushed off the road, on second thought it could have caused an accident.
Hmm, must be Menon Travels; they've a fleet of dark green and yellow city and inter-city buses.
Old 8th June 2011, 11:47   #2111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, the security was asking not to park around that car until the person comes and parks it properly. I hope his engine conks or other such things happen!
In fact it would have been fun to see the moron being locked in by otehr cars. He/ she would have then had to make frantic calls to get the car out and would have been better to embarrass him/ her within the parking lot. I agree that this person will be a nightmare on the roads

I can imagine the security guy would have been concerned this would lead to more work for him hence asked other guys not to park around the car correctly
Old 8th June 2011, 11:55   #2112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMichael View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Hmm, must be Menon Travels; they've a fleet of dark green and yellow city and inter-city buses.
KK Menon, to be exact. They used to be some of the relatively sensible lot found in Thrissur-Palakkad route, unlike a lot others who take Need For Speed to a totally different level, on NH-47 and that too with Buses.

To be honest, I don't pity these kind of egoistic morons that JoeMichael and I encountered - if they get a dent or two and some broken lamps because some maniac bus pushed them off the tarmac, they deserve it. This is how they learn. They must pay for the damages, and know how it feels to be bullied, only then will they change for the good.

Last edited by silversteed : 8th June 2011 at 11:57.
Old 8th June 2011, 11:56   #2113
Senior - BHPian

Folks getting emotional when you overtake them are in abundance. Go on any highway trip and you would find handful of those. What i usually do is either drive fast enough to maintain safe distance or if they are genuinely driving faster than me let them pass.

In the last trip saw couple of folks driving on NH7 highway at speeds close to or over 100 with both mirrors closed, had a few squeezing moments while passing them as they were in no position to see me coming on their Driver Side RVM.
Old 8th June 2011, 13:03   #2114
BHPian

On Monday evening it had rained heavily in Chennai and there was water loggin in most of the roads. I was taking shelter and waiting for the rains to stop while watching the traffic go by. Most of the vehicles were driving close to the median and the left side of the road was avoided due to water logging.

But but but, I saw a few 'smart' drivers (a Tempo Traveller, a skoda, and a lancer) driving fastly on the left side to overtake all the slow-moving vehicles on the right side and while doing so, they splashed all the murky water on the vehicles on the right side as well as on the people who were taking shelter from the rain on the left side. I just don't understand what's the hurry people have and why can't they be patient and drive slowly in rain. At least drive slowly if you are overtaking from left (wrong at first place in heavy rain!) without splashing!? Felt like catching them all and drowning them in the murky water that had clogged up!

Last edited by SuperSlick : 8th June 2011 at 13:05.
Old 8th June 2011, 13:54   #2115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSlick View Post
But but but, I saw a few 'smart' drivers (a Tempo Traveller, a skoda, and a lancer) driving fastly on the left side to overtake all the slow-moving vehicles on the right side and while doing so, they splashed all the murky water on the vehicles on the right side as well as on the people who were taking shelter from the rain on the left side. I just don't understand what's the hurry people have and why can't they be patient and drive slowly in rain. At least drive slowly if you are overtaking from left (wrong at first place in heavy rain!) without splashing!? Felt like catching them all and drowning them in the murky water that had clogged up!
I agree with the drive slowly but one can't really fault ALL the vehicles. There might be someone in a genuine hurry. Case in point, I have a relative admitted in a hospital. With the rains in Pune last week, a stretch in my route was waterclogged. I did drive slowly but you can't help not splash water. Fortunately for me, no one to my left and vehicles on my right had windows rolled up. No 2-wheelers, water was quite deep.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks