Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2011, 18:39   #2176
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
This is my anticipatory bail plea.

So, i was overtaking from left as well as right, honking more than usual, not keeping a safe distance from the vehicle in front and sneaking into gaps where i found them.
You have provided the written application. Now we are waiting only for the proofs in the form of snaps from IronH4WK. Only when the proofs are provided would the anticipatory bail be considered.
Old 15th June 2011, 19:12   #2177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
not keeping a safe distance from the vehicle in front
Bail denied ... for that one!

Everything else: more or less fine
Old 15th June 2011, 20:11   #2178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
You have provided the written application. Now we are waiting only for the proofs in the form of snaps from IronH4WK. Only when the proofs are provided would the anticipatory bail be considered.
LOL. I did keep an eye out for a black getz
Didn't spot one, so I doubt he will be able to provide any proof!

But I will keep my eyes peeled to the stickers thread, just in case.

EDIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Bail denied ... for that one!
Most of the times i did try to keep some distance so that i could brake and switch lanes. But there was this one instance where, on a slight incline, a loaded tempo was in the right lane doing 25kmph, behind a loaded truck in the left lane doing 24.5 kmph. I had to get my car's hood almost under the truck's rear in order to sneak through.

OT: This reminds me. Last week when i was up north and driving into Delhi from Haryana, as soon as i entered Delhi, I saw ALL the trucks going in the leftmost lane on a 4 lane a side road, doing 40 kmph. It was a sight to behold. I was so awed that the thought of clicking a picture did not even cross my mind!

Last edited by amitoj : 15th June 2011 at 20:18.
amitoj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2011, 21:10   #2179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Quote:
LOL. I did keep an eye out for a black getz
Didn't spot one, so I doubt he will be able to provide any proof!

But I will keep my eyes peeled to the stickers thread, just in case.

fortunately for Amitoj, our paths do not cross to and fro office. hence, due to lack of evidence, the case is hereby dismissed.

Amitoj ko ba-izzat bari kiya jata hai!
Old 16th June 2011, 10:15   #2180
BHPian

Hi All,

Today I experienced a taste of rash driving from an Indica (not a cab, a private one) at 12th Cross Indiranagar bangalore. I purchased a used black Pulsar in Bangalore as I'm yet to purchase a car after shifting from Mumbai.

I was riding cooly from Domlur to Indiranagar KFC and suddenly one Indica came from a left turn at around speed of 45 KM/hr and joined directly to right most lane. I was on right most part of the road and alone. No one was behind me or ahead. He saw that, I was there, still he cut me and kept coming to take a turn and came to right.
Now, the most surprising part is that, my used pulsar came with a pressure horn. But, I dont use it. I know, it's not good to use that one, hence, I'm about to replace it with a normal one.
But, when this indica came bang on me, I couldn't resist myself to press that pressure horn. And MANN, you can't imagine the shock which that Indica experienced hearing the pressure horn. He manoeuvered in shock to left assuming that, there might be a huge truck or SUV
Once I was parallel to him, I asked him, why he came directly on me. He made a face and asked me to go on my way. I smiled and before going ahead, I didn't forgot to use the pressure horn for the last time. Man, I used it twice, but I enjoyed it a lot. Because of it, I was able to teach that guy a pressure lesson.
dev_kudle is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 10:36   #2181
BHPian

Quote:
This is my anticipatory bail plea.

Apologies if any TBHPian was caught by surprise by a silver-greyish OHC today. I hope i didn't cause too much inconvenience.
Hi Amit

This is what makes T-BHP unique and great with a sense of true ownership. You do a mistake(reasons are valid) and also take it to the level of making it public on the forum . I love (rather respect) your frankness and transparency and sure that Ironh4wk will delete the photo after this owning up.

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th June 2011 at 21:00. Reason: Fixed quotes
Old 16th June 2011, 10:41   #2182
Senior - BHPian

Well guys, I have a confession to make.
Today morning I was rudely cut off by a Tempo Traveler coming into my lane after a botched overtaking attempt by him. Had to brake really hard to avoid contact. Thereafter, dunno what happened, I completely snapped. Started overtaking vehicles like crazy to follow him, as he had managed to put some considerable distance between me and him, thanks to heavy traffic.
I cut other vehicles off, honked rudely at two wheelers on the highway for blocking my way, swerved from left to right, until I managed to catch up with that TT. Once there, I suddenly changed lanes, forcing him to brake, cheap satisfaction engulfing me. Drove like an absolute moron, for those 10 minutes.
For those 10 minutes, all I wanted were spikes jutting out from the sides of my car to cut those vehicles which came too close, machine guns on the hood and something to splatter eggs on the people whom I overtook.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 10:47   #2183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
For those 10 minutes, all I wanted were spikes jutting out from the sides of my car to cut those vehicles which came too close, machine guns on the hood and something to splatter eggs on the people whom I overtook.
I empathize with you COMPLETELY!

I am sure it is a one off vent out. There is no way we can change this world except to observe the rules for ourselves no matter what! What a sad world we live in!
Old 16th June 2011, 11:00   #2184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I empathize with you COMPLETELY!

I am sure it is a one off vent out. There is no way we can change this world except to observe the rules for ourselves no matter what! What a sad world we live in!
Usually, I just let these idiots merge back, but today dunno what had gotten over me. Maybe yesterday's lunar eclipse.
Old 16th June 2011, 15:16   #2185
Distinguished - BHPian

Driving in India may be the best anger management course in the world!

I've made a lot of progress --- but I'm still learning and still failing tests sometimes.

The trouble with catching up with lunatics to remonstrate with them is that the only way it can be done is by driving as badly as they do.
Old 16th June 2011, 15:24   #2186
BHPian

This may be just my observation, but i have seen that people who drive "heavy duty" bikes such as 250 CC+ do not usually drive rash. I rarely see a guy in bullet/FZ drive in a senseless manner obstructing traffic. Sure, they may indulge in overspeeding.. but definitely not in a rash way as some kinetic/activa or someone of a similar kindred do.

Also, as some one else pointed out, people who drive smaller cars in general seem to think they can get away with rash driving than those who drive sedans(does not apply to SUVs)

I have seen people driving santro/ritz speaking on their cell phones not even bothering to look at their mirrors before changing lanes.. Some times i have to brake hard as even honking doesnt seem to get them away from their invaluable conversations.
Old 16th June 2011, 15:56   #2187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey045 View Post
This may be just my observation, but i have seen that people who drive "heavy duty" bikes such as 250 CC+ do not usually drive rash. I rarely see a guy in bullet/FZ drive in a senseless manner obstructing traffic. Sure, they may indulge in overspeeding.. but definitely not in a rash way as some kinetic/activa or someone of a similar kindred do.

Also, as some one else pointed out, people who drive smaller cars in general seem to think they can get away with rash driving than those who drive sedans(does not apply to SUVs)

I have seen people driving santro/ritz speaking on their cell phones not even bothering to look at their mirrors before changing lanes.. Some times i have to brake hard as even honking doesnt seem to get them away from their invaluable conversations.
It may have to do with the price factor here. The costlier the vehicle the bigger are the repair bills/ parts prices. And this applies to both the bikes and cars.

A person shelling close to a lakh for a 2 wheeler will definitely want to be careful about his ride as compared to a person in moped,smaller bikes. After all the repairs are much cheaper for the latter. This same discussion could be applied to the cars as well.

No wonder we see the cheaper 2/4 wheel mass movers being ridden with so much disregard.
Old 16th June 2011, 17:35   #2188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
The confession bug seems to be catching on. But you have not applied for the anticipatory bail

Anyway i totally understand your situation as everybody experiences this every time. Stay cool and try to avoid it in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Driving in India may be the best anger management course in the world!

I've made a lot of progress --- but I'm still learning and still failing tests sometimes.

The trouble with catching up with lunatics to remonstrate with them is that the only way it can be done is by driving as badly as they do.
I totally agree with you. I am getting there slowly. Now i do not mind people cutting lanes in moving traffic, not giving indicators etc. Only action that still angers me is people coming from the wrong side trying to merge into the correct lane because of on coming traffic. I try my level best not to allow them to do that.
Old 16th June 2011, 17:44   #2189
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a good sign. None of us is perfect and it is only by owning up to our moments of madness that we (and others) can learn to resist them.

Driving madly to catch up with someone and give them a piece of your mind is not unique to sajo or anyone else who admits to doing the same. We all have. But for the sake of our own safety and that of others, let's not anymore
Old 16th June 2011, 17:51   #2190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey045 View Post
Disclaimer: The post is just my viewpoint. Its just my observation which might be wrong!

I have started hating Pulsar (esp. 180cc and more) to the core because almost all Pulsar riders invariably drive like maniacs - straight out of asylums or going for a very urgent pee. And most of them have some stupid eardrum-tearing horns that frighten the other road users.

I also witnessed a accident involving a Pulsar. The bike which had overtook me (there was a gang of maniac bikers doing some racing in the busy Mount Road) just seconds before ended up hitting some pedestrian and the biker had a terrible crash. It happened just a few seconds before I reached that spot. The biker was unconscious lying flat on his face and when I took him, his face was fully covered with blood and my hands got soaked in blood. Put him in an auto and sent to a hospital.

EDIT: Forgot to tell about the state of the pedestrian - He was down and was not able to move an inch - though was very much conscious.. He was also lifted and sent to hospital after collecting his family contacts and informing them.

Last edited by callvvijay : 16th June 2011 at 17:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks